Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GG Rules

1. Default GG Rules

GG RULES

-Team attacking will not be tolerated, do not attack your team on purpose.

-Exploiting the handicap by leaving and rejoining is not allowed. Any form of rank manipulation will not be tolerated.

-Slaying someone after nade round is allowed and does not go against any rule.

-Camping is allowed within GG provided your camping does not hold up the game, and prolong the round.

-Accepting a knife fight, and not engaging in the knife fight aka running from the fight so the other person is slayed is not acceptable. Any form of manipulation or exploit on the server is not tolerated.

GENERAL SERVER RULES ALSO APPLY
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-22-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

I propose a rule on griefing.

Eg. After round, somebody tk's me and jumps on my nade, then slays me to get me off nade.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    your helmet is being shipped.

it shouldnt be needed but alot of players cry about players who dont accept a knife fight or deny it. Pretty much just leaving the vote box up, resulting in players crying to admins for a slay.

if you think about it, leaing the menu is that same damn thing as disagreeing with the knife fight. Point being, admins should not be punishing players for leaving the knife vote menu up.
    Personal reform

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Penis シ View Post
    I propose a rule on griefing.

Eg. After round, somebody tk's me and jumps on my nade, then slays me to get me off nade.
    That already is a rule

And wtf I know we had it written down somewhere. Any form of purposely getting yourself teamkilled is/was a bannable offence.

@mikey, its one thing when it disappers, its another when you ignore it. Ignoring it prolongs the match and leaves the other player wondering what stratagy to use. Just hit 2 if you dont want to knife. The other player usually is camping waiting for a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

If you're finding a lot of people just leaving the knife menu open, why not:

A) Find them and kill them
    B) Go look for them and end up getting killed (least the round is over )
    C) Why not have a 5-15 second timer on the menu. If a player does not take an action, the vote is automatically set to 2 (Decline knife fight).

Glad we got a full set of rules for all the main servers
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    it shouldnt be needed but alot of players cry about players who dont accept a knife fight or deny it. Pretty much just leaving the vote box up, resulting in players crying to admins for a slay.

if you think about it, leaing the menu is that same damn thing as disagreeing with the knife fight. Point being, admins should not be punishing players for leaving the knife vote menu up.

NO mikey, leaving the vote menu open is NOT the same as saying no.
    I've seen it myself where this is exploited in the following way:
    • Vote menu shows up, player A accepts, player B doesnt vote yet.
    • Player A assumes player B is ignoring vote, and so they carry on normally with shooting.
    • Player B tries to kill player A.
    • IF player B thinks that he is about to die (i,e player A had the upper hand and was about to win)
    • Then player B automatically presses 1. This activates the knife fight sequence, fully invulnerable and with health reset.
    • This move prevented him from dying the way he was meant to, giving him another chance to kill player A with a knife fight...
    Now tell me how that is fair for player A who is a dedicated and honorable fighter to answer yes??????
    it's like being given a chance to shoot down someone by surprise and an automatic pause + reset button when its almost game over by accepting the pending knife fight which the other ALREADY accepted...

Maynard, there actually either SHOULD be a rule about not voting 1 or 2, OR more preferably have zero edit the vote menu program so that after 3 seconds of waiting, it automatically answers NO by default... so that this exploit doesnt get used.

Ive seen this happen many times, and it pisses me off when someone pulls that shit on me... i end up raping their mindless skull in the end of knife fight, bcos i always prefer not using admin powers... but that's just a shitty way to get 2 chances to kill me, bcos i always accept my knife fights...
    and it seems like a subjective reason ,but it isnt. Us good knifers feel like this is very unfair.

Also, there are times when the knife menu glitches out and the player cant vote... Naturally, if there was an automatic trigger to say NO after being idle for 3+ seconds, this glitch can be prevented with a universally announced NO, as opposed to having both players wandering the map not knowing if the other is knifing or not. and then theres always smthn that goes wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

i know iknow.. double post.
    first one was about the IDLE VOTING MENU,
    this one is about the punishment menu.

Maynard, do u think it is allowed to "save a slay" for later?
    Say someone killed you on nade round, or early in the game... or few rounds earlier,
    I've seen people keep the punishment menu open, and then when the guy who accidentally tked gets his nade level, he gets slayed back to glock...

im just curious to see if that fair or not, technically a punishment is a punishment, but to hold on to that slay for a while (say it was relikk or fluffy who killed me,and these 2 get on nade always, i would know, and save that slay for when it is HARDER for them to recover from it..)..

the ONLY thing that might intervene in keeping the menu open, is the map vote, but any time before or after, if u have it open, u can slay say 7 rounds after the shit happened...
    thoughts?
    Last edited by CYBER; 07-13-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    NO mikey, leaving the vote menu open is NOT the same as saying no.
    I've seen it myself where this is exploited in the following way:
    • Vote menu shows up, player A accepts, player B doesnt vote yet.
    • Player A assumes player B is ignoring vote, and so they carry on normally with shooting.
    • Player B tries to kill player A.
    • IF player B thinks that he is about to die (i,e player A had the upper hand and was about to win)
    • Then player B automatically presses 1. This activates the knife fight sequence, fully invulnerable and with health reset.
    • This move prevented him from dying the way he was meant to, giving him another chance to kill player A with a knife fight...
    Now tell me how that is fair for player A who is a dedicated and honorable fighter to answer yes??????
    it's like being given a chance to shoot down someone by surprise and an automatic pause + reset button when its almost game over by accepting the pending knife fight which the other ALREADY accepted...

Maynard, there actually either SHOULD be a rule about not voting 1 or 2, OR more preferably have zero edit the vote menu program so that after 3 seconds of waiting, it automatically answers NO by default... so that this exploit doesnt get used.

Ive seen this happen many times, and it pisses me off when someone pulls that shit on me... i end up raping their mindless skull in the end of knife fight, bcos i always prefer not using admin powers... but that's just a shitty way to get 2 chances to kill me, bcos i always accept my knife fights...
    and it seems like a subjective reason ,but it isnt. Us good knifers feel like this is very unfair.

Also, there are times when the knife menu glitches out and the player cant vote... Naturally, if there was an automatic trigger to say NO after being idle for 3+ seconds, this glitch can be prevented with a universally announced NO, as opposed to having both players wandering the map not knowing if the other is knifing or not. and then theres always smthn that goes wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

i know iknow.. double post.
    first one was about the IDLE VOTING MENU,
    this one is about the punishment menu.

Maynard, do u think it is allowed to "save a slay" for later?
    Say someone killed you on nade round, or early in the game... or few rounds earlier,
    I've seen people keep the punishment menu open, and then when the guy who accidentally tked gets his nade level, he gets slayed back to glock...

im just curious to see if that fair or not, technically a punishment is a punishment, but to hold on to that slay for a while (say it was relikk or fluffy who killed me,and these 2 get on nade always, i would know, and save that slay for when it is HARDER for them to recover from it..)..

the ONLY thing that might intervene in keeping the menu open, is the map vote, but any time before or after, if u have it open, u can slay say 7 rounds after the shit happened...
    thoughts?
    really, i have never seen that "Exploit"...... you dont need to write an essay. alot of the times the menu is not there, there is no way to know for sure unless you mandate that every single player has to communicate in the server...
    Personal reform

8. Default

really, i have never seen that "Exploit"....
    2 reason: 1-either ppl just click '1' bcos no one is affraid to knife fight you in the first place. Or 2- you'd have to actually be close to killing the other guy to make him go for a hail mary with that 'exploit' that does tend to happen more than u think As for the essay, u're absutely right.but split it into 2 posts... The description of the 'exploit' took the majorit of it, along with the other issue im posting.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Lightbulb

It's fair, that's Genocide's ultimate right? Get shot then re-appear with full HP, oh wait this is GG? How about a WCS GG Server people?
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    what he said.. you're not in first place, haxor is.

10. Default

really, i have never seen that "Exploit"...... you dont need to write an essay. alot of the times the menu is not there, there is no way to know for sure unless you mandate that every single player has to communicate in the server...
    I agree with Cyber. I didn't think about this when maynard posted the rules, however it is another one of those things that 1. delays the round (if the player doesn't choose an option, the other player will sometimes wait for an answer) and 2. exploit, as Cyber said.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.