Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike Global Offensive - Everyone Ready for it :D

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Erdenay View Post
    This. Why spend money to buy an inferior game when you already have a superior one you can play?
    This argument is all too familiar to me. Same shit people said when CS:S was coming out, and I was one of those people. Didn't start playing CS:S until '07.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    This argument is all too familiar to me. Same shit people said when CS:S was coming out, and I was one of those people. Didn't start playing CS:S until '07.
    I've never had that with source - although I may be wrong about CS:GO. The main reason for this argument is that from what I've seen and experienced so far, CS:S has felt much more fun and entertaining, so I'm really in no mood to actually buy CS:GO. Maybe it is actually an improvement, but I haven't seen yet, so I'd rather spend my money elsewhere (and as student, there are plenty other avenues) versus actually buying something that I'd probably stop playing soon after.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

3. Default

Depends when you came onto the CS "scene". If it was before 1.3, then you'd hear everyone complaining about the 1.3 update. Then the 1.5 update... THEN omg the mass exodus during the STEAM Launch and 1.6 update... forget about the HL2/CS:S launch... even Valve themselves stated that CS:S was meant as a test of the extent of the modding ability of the Source engine... CS:S was broken out the gate.

That being said, I'm not defending the lack of creativity with this new CS update. The way I see it, it's what Condition Zero was to the original mod. Valve is trying to grab a hold of the console market with this game. If you remember their early marketing scheme and how they wanted to make it cross-platform so the console fags could play with us PC Gods. Well, it wasn't until earlier this year that they realized it was nigh impossible to make the game FEEL good for PC AND Console. Hidden Path mentioned something about this in a tweet or some form of social media, I don't recall.

The game in beta had potential, and it seemed like Hidden Path were following the guidance of the pro players (both CS:S and 1.6) on their private forums... well they were, and then something happened a few months ago, probably in May, which is when I stopped paying attention to it...

IDK... CS:GO won't support ES at launch, but I'm sure someone out there will create a set of Tools that will be compatible with CS:GO, for us lazy people who don't want to help out with theorycrafting or do any kind of work with the modding community, because we'd rather bitch and complain about not having the options from the get-go.

/rant

P.S. - WC3 Mod was not available when Source came out. Neither were any of the other mods/admin tools. Just have patience.

4. Default

Sin has the right idea
    Its the same way people reacted when CS:S came out. Ill get it sometime, the lack of mods at the get go wont be all that fun, but hey its fun watching a game grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Sin has the right idea
    Its the same way people reacted when CS:S came out. Ill get it sometime, the lack of mods at the get go wont be all that fun, but hey its fun watching a game grow.
    You just said what I said in an earlier post, but WAY too flamboyantly gay.

6. Default

Meh... bought CS on day 1 of release... played it till CSS came out... tried CSS... was like ...... O_O?

went back 2 CS for another year, and by that point most my friends had made the switch due 2 them fixing the hit boxes finally.

went over 2 CSS and it's been great =)

GO is just an attempt at getting CS on console again... nothing more... which is why I have no intentions of playing it on PC... I might try it on console eventually as I love console shooters... well.. COD mainly (shut up) but I see no reason 2 purchase it for PC until it's on sale for 5 dollars or something.

I'll always be dedicated 2 CSS, and from what I remember zero has no intentions of hosting a server for GO.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

I like CS:GO GG, all I really enjoyed. I REALLY hope they convert over the FIXED weapon switching system!
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
    I know maynard might hate on me...but is this coming out for MAC?
    I looked it says so, but the mac icon isn't on the list.
    Oh for those of us 1337 gamers the issue is not even MAC for this one, it is being released for CONSOLES and made FOR CONSOLES. As if the interface was not clear about that to start with.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Depends when you came onto the CS "scene". If it was before 1.3, then you'd hear everyone complaining about the 1.3 update. Then the 1.5 update... THEN omg the mass exodus during the STEAM Launch and 1.6 update... forget about the HL2/CS:S launch... even Valve themselves stated that CS:S was meant as a test of the extent of the modding ability of the Source engine... CS:S was broken out the gate.

That being said, I'm not defending the lack of creativity with this new CS update. The way I see it, it's what Condition Zero was to the original mod. Valve is trying to grab a hold of the console market with this game. If you remember their early marketing scheme and how they wanted to make it cross-platform so the console fags could play with us PC Gods. Well, it wasn't until earlier this year that they realized it was nigh impossible to make the game FEEL good for PC AND Console. Hidden Path mentioned something about this in a tweet or some form of social media, I don't recall.

The game in beta had potential, and it seemed like Hidden Path were following the guidance of the pro players (both CS:S and 1.6) on their private forums... well they were, and then something happened a few months ago, probably in May, which is when I stopped paying attention to it...

IDK... CS:GO won't support ES at launch, but I'm sure someone out there will create a set of Tools that will be compatible with CS:GO, for us lazy people who don't want to help out with theorycrafting or do any kind of work with the modding community, because we'd rather bitch and complain about not having the options from the get-go.

/rant

P.S. - WC3 Mod was not available when Source came out. Neither were any of the other mods/admin tools. Just have patience.
    SM which is all of our mods runs and works on CS:GO. The problem will be that the tf2 style server broswer will kill independent mods. Want to have a gg that is not the VALVE gg well fuck you.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

YEa as far as a cs:go server goes it will only be if the game actually gets popular in which case we will setup some servers. Note that admin will work across both games and will remain at the same cost.

This is not to be confused with the plans to include free reserved slot for any admins who play on our NS2 server when that game releases. However depending on the nature of the admin system for that game it may ultimately include a linked admin system too.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    SM which is all of our mods runs and works on CS:GO. The problem will be that the tf2 style server broswer will kill independent mods. Want to have a gg that is not the VALVE gg well fuck you.
    Not sure what you mean about the server browser though. As it is right now, you can browse the public server listing the same as most Valve games/mods. CS:S, Garry's Mod, TF2, etc...

10. Default

I can assume you that like tf2 go especially with the focus toward consoles will be largely quick play only. This will make it difficult to fill anything other than quick play servers.

If we were to launch a go server it would be for the quick play gg as I am sure that will be the most popular quick play option.