Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lag issues for me resulting in Hitbox misses

1. Default Lag issues for me resulting in Hitbox misses

I dont know what the fuck to do anymore. People tell me im lagging and im guessing its true since for the past 2 weeks my headshots havent been registering as hits, and my back knifes are not registering correctly either. Is there any solution to this problem? I have a good internet connection and my ping and latency are low and my laptop is a gaming one and is a very good laptop so i dont know what the problem is T.T

2. Default

What is your fps can you show a pic of your netgraph?

3. Default

net_graph 3
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dj panda View Post
    I dont know what the fuck to do anymore. People tell me im lagging and im guessing its true since for the past 2 weeks my headshots havent been registering as hits, and my back knifes are not registering correctly either. Is there any solution to this problem? I have a good internet connection and my ping and latency are low and my laptop is a gaming one and is a very good laptop so i dont know what the problem is T.T
    I have the same issue.
    There has been many many times where someone wold stand still, i would burst shots point blank to their head, u'd see blood spatter but when they kill you, u see in console they they still have 100 ho (or wtvr the max they had, no races or skills involved)...

And Sometimes i walk behind people goig forward, and backknife them feom behind, t would just register as one hit, or worse they would shoot in front of them and headshot me while i am BEHIND them and clearly at least two feet inches away on computer screen.

I also noticed people turning around a corner and backknife me (well, 1 hit knife me for 165dmg) with a flame pred when they BARELY showed up around screen too.
    I run usually between 100-180 fps depending on server type (gg,wcs) and map (battle ship sinks me down to 28 fps average... Nightmare too)...

And i have a decent vaio , quad core i7 cpu and mediocre graphic card runs skyrim at least at medium to high settings.. Usually have 20 latency/ping at home or 43 at a friend's place..

What could be the causes so i can troubleshoot 1 by 1?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

There
    Attached Images

6. Default

ROFL Your lerp is fucking DISGUSTING. I just threw up in my mouth. Fix your rates so your lerp looks like this:

2012-08-18_00001.jpg

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

7. Default

should be 30 / 15 depending what server will default the ratio to. IBIS uses 1 so 15.

rate 30000
    cl_updaterate 66
    cl_cmdrate 66
    cl_interp_ratio 1
    cl_interp .0152152

Adjust higher to the hitbox drag of your liking. Don't pass 30.3. I have no clue why Valve hasn't defaulted this since the 66 tick set, but probably is because of some peoples shit ISP's. Ignore the orange BS. For best stable interp, fix your rates, then adjust right until it isn't orange. Will vary based on your ISP loss and latency and server rates.

Ratio 2 hitboxes are slightly better, but will cause more magic corner bullets (other player has a slight advantage in seeing you due to server "lag"). Ratio 1 reversed, hitboxes are slightly more off, but less magic bullet.
    Last edited by Steamer; 08-19-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

Dont you want lerp to match your ping as close as possible. I have one other question, I will be moving back on campus, if its anything like last time, my speed and ping will be great but my jitter is absolutly atrocious, what rate settings could I use to minimise the effect of jitter. Its very difficlt to play when the ping bouces between 40ms and 110ms so fast that the computer has a hard time measuring it. I cant shoot for shit when its doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dj panda View Post
    Hi,
    Did you do ping test,What's your result.If not you can do ping test after reset your router and modem and perform pinging to google.com or any websites using cmd prompt or using websites like Whoisxy.com .ping will decrease but if it still remains same then you must contact your service provider....

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by srirasha View Post
    Hi,Did you do ping test,What's your result.If not you can do ping test after reset your router and modem and perform pinging to google.com or any websites using cmd prompt or using websites like Whoisxy.com .ping will decrease but if it still remains same then you must contact your service provider....
    Not sure if helpful human with crappy grammar or just a fucking bot.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...