View Poll Results: What sort of maps should the GO Pub have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Default GO maps

5 33.33%
  • _se maps

5 33.33%
  • Both, lets just have them all!

5 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What type of maps

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    ZERO PICK SE MAPS PLOX! I'LL SUCK YOUR DICK!
    proof that those who support the SE maps are indeed, homosexuals.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

2. Default

hatersgonnahate

On a serious note, I just don't like to sacrifice practicality and game performance for eyecandy. HP toned down their maps from what they were, but the fog is still retarded.
    Last edited by Sin; 08-22-2012 at 10:20 AM.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    hatersgonnahate

On a serious note, I just don't like to sacrifice practicality and game performance for eyecandy. HP toned down their maps from what they were, but the fog is still retarded.
    i have no issues with the fog, i feel it just kinda tests your focus a bit more. which i rather enjoy. other eye candy such as pots and shit, yeah they give campers more spots to be dicks, but that's just more places to toss a molotov and watch that fucker buurrrrrnnnnn. BUUUUURRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!! i feel the difference in gameplay will be so minimal between the two kinds of maps that it's really pointless to use one over the other though, but you know there's gonna be 12 year olds coming in here like HEY WHY ARENT THERE POTS? WHY'S THERE NO FOG? WHAT IS THIS? and if i have to choose between the annoyance of fog and the annoyance of fags....i'll take fog thank you.

Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

The props and shit aren't what was removed. It's the dust particles, random ash flying around, and the fog. Watch the videos Zero posted in 720p or whatever the max quality is, and you'll see huge differences. Clarity matters.

That being said, there was a huge thread about that shit during the beta a few months ago, and HP wanted to please everyone, so they created the se versions of the maps. It's fucking retarded that any gamer can defend fog of war in an FPS... it's just unnecessary, especially in a franchise like this. Crystal clear vs. frosted goggles. Don't you wipe your goggles off on your shirt so you can see clearly now that the rain is gone?!

5. Default

There were some pots i noticed were gone in mid on inferno, and what I'm saying is that i haven't noticed the fog being an issue for me, so i really don't mind it being there

SUGGESTION: put both types on the server, we can play one version for a couple rounds, switch to the other and compare side by side in-game, then decide which will be kept and which will be dumped. Thoughts?
    Last edited by brett friggin favre; 08-22-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Fire, walk with me.

6. Default

Don't put both versions on! the only diff is less fog.. and a bit less color, we don't need 2 versions of every fucking map, jesus what's wrong with you ppl!?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Anything to annoy Maynard.

FOR THE LULZ!!!!!!

Tastes like your moms kisses.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chikun View Post
    Anything to annoy Maynard.

FOR THE LULZ!!!!!!
    shut up you stupid chicken! I kill your brethren in CS GO Daily!

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

Don't put both versions on. Just trust Sin.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Don't put both versions on! the only diff is less fog.. and a bit less color, we don't need 2 versions of every fucking map, jesus what's wrong with you ppl!?
    i was just suggesting both versions temporarily so we could do a side-by-side and compare how it affects gameplay.

Fire, walk with me.