Thread: CS:S Pub is dying, don't let it!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default CS:S Pub is dying, don't let it!

Having played on the IBIS CS:S Pub server for about 5 years, it's depressing to see it devoid of players just about every night.

I know CS:Go being released probably had a good deal to do with that, but I'd hate to see this server shut down from inactivity. For years, it was full almost all the time, hard to get a spot without having a reserve slot. Now, it's hard to find a time when there's more than just one other player on it.

I can easily say that out of any multiplayer game I've ever played -- this server is by far the one I've spent the longest time on.

Don't let it die.

2. Default

the fuck you want us to do, hire people to play on it? get your friends, get on, and play.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

I was on for a few hours today while steam friends was down. We had a few people in there after I played against bots for the first few min. Never got above 3v3 though

4. Default

Berween GO, GW2, and school starting back we have really lost a lot of people.
    Spasm <ibis>: i thought mexicans came to murrica not canada
    Spasm <ibis>: :O
    Cyber ibis.a: free dental and health plan ^
    Cyber ibis.a: sry mmurica, u got outbid
    Cyber ibis.a: senor.
    Spasm <ibis>: its not truly free
    Spasm <ibis>: someone pays for it
    Spasm <ibis>: rich ppl
    Cyber ibis.a: exactly
    Cyber ibis.a: canadians
    Cyber ibis.a: i just get the free stuff
    Spasm <ibis>: typical mexican

5. Default

Yeah WCS has been slow recentley too, but that seems to happen around every new big title release and then it comes back. I'm sure school and/or work is hurting it too. It still gets up there, but just not all the time. Overall nothing to worry bout yet.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

6. Default

wait it out. this shit happens all the time...
    whether it;s a new game, some hollidays, school start, school ending + summer beginning etc...
    even wcs is a bit slow, but YOU make ur own crowd.

instead of just sitting outside, get in the server, play a bit with the bots for a good 10 mins (heck u might even improve ur aim and kdr against those morons) .
    People will look at the server later , see "mmm 3 ppl, i guess they could use a 4th guy to balance"
    then someone goes " ooh, 4 ppl, i wonder who's on"
    etc etc and then u have " fuck yeah, 8 ppl on, lets rock this shit!"
    annnndd " goddamnit, i cant join with my reserve slot..."

just wait it out. talk to friends and join the server AT THE SAME TIME, specially at late hours, bcos that boosts the attractiveness of a server when more ppl are on...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...