Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [ADD] de_cokehouse_cbg

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    To be fair aco, dolls is very restricting for the races. Unless u have a flyer or tele race or unbelieavably low gravity, it's hard to reach the bombsite... If anything there show be a ladder on the wall between ct spawn and the vent bookcase to facilitate non-teleporters... Its fine as is for playability, but not diversity. U're forced to stick to a handful of races here. No one feels like playing a respawner or shadow or any race that makes it hard for them to go plant or defuse the bomb. Currently u literally have to jump hoops around the map through the drawers in order to get there... Just saying , it's not fair. But no other change other that the glithes i mentionned earlier should be fixed. And removig the tmps.
    so, the problem is that people might not be able to play their favorite race 24/7?

lets see, human, flame pred, sucubus hunter, hells demon, hellhunter, archmage, dragonfly, strider, vaga, molecule, beast, jack...

pretty much any mobility race is great for this map.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

First of all... Italy is fine as it is. It's skybox is high enough and there's no need to change it. As far as dolls go... Remove it, it is an awful map.

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    so, the problem is that people might not be able to play their favorite race 24/7?

lets see, human, flame pred, sucubus hunter, hells demon, hellhunter, archmage, dragonfly, strider, vaga, molecule, beast, jack...

pretty much any mobility race is great for this map.
    Red ones won't work well, yellow ones are meh.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

3. Default

The entire point, which I think Cyber kind of pointed out is:

The maps are not "broken" for regular gameplay, but we have no maps that are fully customized for WCS here. Italy is fine to play on, but is actually a poor map for WCS, it's just that we like it because it's an old familiar. If you wanted to walk through it with me with some of the races I could explain a bunch of things that we've all noticed from time to time. The only people I expect will complain will be those that 'race whore' and don't like the idea of a more even playing field. Everyone deserves a chance to get kills and enjoy playing. Low levels get nowhere, get frustrated and leave. I've even let people kill me for experience so they don't get frustrated and leave.

My ideas are such that having maps that show access/support/playability for ALL races is something that will make playing them more interesting, and will make the server in general more interesting. With that in mind, there are things wrong with cs_italy when it comes to this mod, it's just that generally people don't know that. Even all the versions of italy have almost all the same "glitches", and they really don't need to be there. People don't have to deal with skywalkers/flyers having access behind textures. The reason you can see through one side is a tool in Hammer called "nodraw", which means invisible. One side is nodraw, one side is textured so you can see the texture on one side and see right through it from the other side. Those are all over the maps and they're REALLY easy to fix.

Keeping a server fresh and interesting keeps it populated. These changes I'm talking about are not big ones, and most of them aren't even visible.

I don't know why people shoot ideas down before they even test them out, but I figure it goes along with being afraid to try new things.

Try something new once in a while?
    ======================
    It's my stomach.... I'm hungry!
    ======================

4. Default

Dear god its like talking to a wall. You still assume there are "problems" that "you" need to "fix". Which, there aren't. You still are operating with this fallacy, as well as assuming that when you "fix" said map it makes it even, which considering what you are talking about doing to the map will have the exact opposite effect. Flying races get around just fine on italy, and can be quite a pain in the ass to deal with, now your idea is to make it easier to zip around and hide therefore making it easier to whore those races and at the same time making races like, lets say succubus hunter, even more irrelevant to the game play. Italy is one of, if not the most popular maps on the server. You can chalk this up to familiarity if you want, but people clearly have no issue with it as it stands, as evidenced by tom and aco's comments as well as my own. If you want to have a "WCS specific" map, then make one, from scratch, don't manipulate the existing map cause you feel you can make it better, when all your doing is making it worse.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.