Thread: Some thoughts/problems with the Zombie Server

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Thank you for sharing! I am working to improve the zombie server so please continue to share any ideas and issues you have on the server!

- Ranking:
    I fixed this issue this morning.
    - Poor Map Selection:
    Please let me know what maps you would like to have added to the all player count selection and I will add them
    - HP-Based speed:
    The idea with this was so that zombies would need to actually work together somewhat to win. If you use your HP nade you can rapidly regen 10% of your hp very fast. The intent was to help humans when there is a ton of zombies but clearly on low player counts it is too much of an issue. I will need to read over the formula I use to calculate speed but it is possible that I could scale the effect based on the number of total zombies alive. This way the effect is how it is now only when there is a ton of zombies like 20+ and the effect is very little to nothing when there is very few zombies. Would reprogramming it to work like that solve the issue or do you think people will just complain anyways when we get a bunch of zombies?

- Jetpack
    We turned on jetpacks just during "warmup" periods as a way for users to mess around. I worry about having them on normally because they can easily be used to exploit maps. What I have been considering is adding a sprint feature (yes this also might play with your thoughts on the hp-based speed) that humans and zombies can use to get a speed boost for a few seconds that has a cooldown.

Errors
    The props and materials of a map are packaged directly in the bsp. If your seeing errors usually the map is missing those files and was packaged incorrectly (problem only map maker can solve) or perhaps the files are not loading on your system (client side issue). Issues where a boss does not load correctly are bugs in the map itself and are something only the map maker can fix. Now perhaps a glitch in an unrelated plugin could possibly cascade into a map side glitch but that is extremely unlikely. Regardless I will continue to check the error logs in the sm folder and reprogram any plugins as to ensure that nothing is every tossing errors to begin with.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    The props and materials of a map are packaged directly in the bsp. If your seeing errors usually the map is missing those files and was packaged incorrectly (problem only map maker can solve) or perhaps the files are not loading on your system (client side issue). Issues where a boss does not load correctly are bugs in the map itself and are something only the map maker can fix. Now perhaps a glitch in an unrelated plugin could possibly cascade into a map side glitch but that is extremely unlikely. Regardless I will continue to check the error logs in the sm folder and reprogram any plugins as to ensure that nothing is every tossing errors to begin with.
    No, it's definetly server-side and happens in maps that ran perfectly in the past... Unfortunately i don't remember when these problems began.