Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many wrongful bans on legit players.

1. Arrow Too many wrongful bans on legit players.

I am making this topic because 9 of the last 10 demo's I have watched of "hackers" have all been legit players, hell some of them aren't even good. It's getting a bit ridiculus. Does ibis want only noobs playing on our servers? If you are getting owned by someone, you don't just record a few mins of them playing and take anything suspicious as wall hacking or aim bot or what ever else you guys can come up with.

If I am banned from ibis for hacking when I am a decent player I am going to move on and find another server to play on. The time it takes to get unbanned here is way too long, and we are constantly banning legit players. Hell Fluffy got banned on a regulars word. Do you know how many times I had been accused of hacking by regulars when under a different name??? These good players move on and find a better server. The thing is many of us enjoy playing with some competition and we don't like steamrolling over everyone.

Something needs to be done, I don't want to suggest anything, but guys come on, more ban request threads and less bans please.
    Last edited by Spasm; 08-20-2010 at 06:23 PM.

2. Default

Wall Hacking is a touchy subject simply because it is usually hard to find. I would suggest creating demos and uploading them here in the ban requests section.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Wall Hacking is a touchy subject simply because it is usually hard to find. I would suggest creating demos and uploading them here in the ban requests section.
    I would +1 this about one million times over. I've seen a lot of threads in Bans where the demo is iffy. Even if it is determined that a player is hacking, if it's not obvious I really don't think the call should be made without demo review, unless a clan member okays it or, in the future when the admin "seniority" system is in place, a senior admin perhaps.

I know people say that this allows a potential hacker to keep playing in the server, but ultimately, I don't think that's much of a price to pay if it's not blatant anyways, and we're not banning legit good players. A lot of the people who I see banned that end up unbanned later are no better than myself, if not worse, and it just makes me wonder what might happen to me if I weren't an admin.

I've been banned from random servers before, and I've always just moved on to a new server - I have no reason to attempt to stay around a server with "noob" admins (as I always think at the time) willing to ban so readily, when I can pick from a huge list of CS servers. This is the mindset of many people who play CS, and is a serious threat to the health and competitiveness of our community.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Emo View Post
    I would +1 this about one million times over. I've seen a lot of threads in Bans where the demo is iffy. Even if it is determined that a player is hacking, if it's not obvious I really don't think the call should be made without demo review, unless a clan member okays it or, in the future when the admin "seniority" system is in place, a senior admin perhaps.

I know people say that this allows a potential hacker to keep playing in the server, but ultimately, I don't think that's much of a price to pay if it's not blatant anyways, and we're not banning legit good players. A lot of the people who I see banned that end up unbanned later are no better than myself, if not worse, and it just makes me wonder what might happen to me if I weren't an admin.

I've been banned from random servers before, and I've always just moved on to a new server - I have no reason to attempt to stay around a server with "noob" admins (as I always think at the time) willing to ban so readily, when I can pick from a huge list of CS servers. This is the mindset of many people who play CS, and is a serious threat to the health and competitiveness of our community.
    +1 pretty much my thoughts exactly.

5. Default Good Post Spasm

Good Post Spasm.....I have tried really hard to get over being the boy who cried wolf, and honestly it is hard for me, but I think slowly I am becoming more reasonable and more cognizant of the fact there are just really good players out there and I am not yet one of them (soon my friends, soon)!

I don't think any "iffy," demos should warrant a ban. And actually I would say that there needs to be at least two demos (if it isn't blatant) to even consider a perma ban.

Unfortunately I do think there are players in ibis (and everywhere for the matter) that are very good at toggling and are getting away with hacking. It sucks, but I suppose that is the nature of the game. I have always looked at consistency and I see players winning three games in a row, then the next three going 11-25. I find that to be curious. I understand people have bad rounds, but I don't see players like you spasm or baby, or any of the other top rated players having more than one (Maybe two) bad rounds in a row before you are on top again. I have a few demos of an unmentioned player who consistently gets 5 kills in one round, then doesn't get another kill for 4 rounds, then gets 5 kills in a single round again....I find that fishy and I don't chalk that up to dumb luck.....

At any rate spasm you are right.....The ibis community rocks, lets keep it that way!!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [UA] Mos Def View Post
    I don't think any "iffy," demos should warrant a ban. And actually I would say that there needs to be at least two demos (if it isn't blatant) to even consider a perma ban.

I have a few demos of an unmentioned player who consistently gets 5 kills in one round, then doesn't get another kill for 4 rounds, then gets 5 kills in a single round again....I find that fishy and I don't chalk that up to dumb luck.....
    Actually, I do that quite often. I know you've accused me of hacking before, and your reasoning was exactly that, that I wasn't consistent enough for your liking. Honestly, I think I'm pretty consistent. I almost always have a posititive K/D and the times that I don't, I'm usually pre occupied.

What you call "fishy" just isn't enough to blatantly accuse someone of hacking, which I've seen you do many times. If you truly think someone is hacking then get a demo and post it for review, like I told wagner... but otherwise all you do when you call someone a hacker 20 times in one round is boost their ego.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

totally agreed. although i may call some1 a hacker 24/7, they know i'm joking. the only person i've called a hacker and meant it was that hackdraft fuck, who i was pretty certain used no-recoil for 1 or 2 maps. on top wrongful bans being an issue, we need to focus on the aftermath of these admins that dont know what theyre doing. i know for a fact theres at least 5-10 players waiting to be unbanned because some dumbass admin wrongfully thought they were hacking. like ive said before, thats a good way to lose community members/customers w/e. i wouldnt want to wait around to get unbanned for a month just because some retard admin banned me for no reason. its unattractive to players, and makes ibis look like a noob clan. we dont want that

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Hobo has as much credit as I do. Therefore not respecting him is like disrespecting me. D=

He was doing his job and did exactly what I have done, and what I would have done. It is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to hackers.. But as I've said before, wallhacking is a tricky one. Kavinsky provided a demo for us to kindly share our opinions about, meaning he did nothing wrong either.

Unless it's ZM, it's not that usual that people have 26-0..
    I was wrong, ban all you want, don't watch demos, take a regulars word, it's better safer then sorry, send the good players away guys.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    Im starting to think instead of doing perma bans it might be best to only have 3 to 5 day bans.......and that should give us enough time to get evidence to look over and decide....... and if we are all still undecided the ban is up and if really found guilty then we perma them.

I would think of it like getting arrested and having to wait for court appearance. Just there is no bail... Hmm or could there?
    Far as controlling all the new admins from banning...... first 3 month admins shouldnt have the power to perma ban people...... and first month admins not have the the power to ban at all.

Higher privedges are earned instead of just given. If possible thats how I would do it

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    Far as controlling all the new admins from banning...... first 3 month admins shouldnt have the power to perma ban people...... and first month admins not have the the power to ban at all.

Higher privedges are earned instead of just given. If possible thats how I would do it
    mag , u always have the wisest words:P (if i were a chick i'd be all over u!)
    but seriously, admins less than 3 months shouldnt have ban, just kick maybe?
    worst case, they can ALWAYS find admins on the server, even at night, whether the admins are hardcore addicted players staying till 5~6 am (like myself), or ppl that are abroad and that happen to be playing during their own daytime" like carina and (rob?) etc...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...