Thread: Few Admin questions

1. Question Few Admin questions

I have a couple of questions regarding admin behavior and key binding.
    1.) I was wondering how (if possible) I could bind a key to bring up admin menu versus having to go through console and manually typing admin each time

2.) I was also wondering if I could get in trouble for putting up question votes like "Is this map a nice one to play on?" and "Shall we have a random map vote?" and then, if answer is yes, proceeding to have a map vote. (I usually only ask that question if people are complaining a lot about the map)

3.) And one final question, I was wondering if we had a specific rule on if players are allowed to play music over their mic's. I looked in the rules but the closest thing I could get to is that you cannot yell into a mic repeatedly to disrupt game play.

Anyways just had some questions and I am looking forward to seeing you in game!

Once again thanks,
    Pwnage

2. Default

well, the music is by your own discretion. if a bunch of people (read, more than one griefer) are asking for it to stop, and it's not, then you should admin chat the person to say please stop.

otherwise, if everyone else is fine w/ it then don't bother. unless you don't like it. either way ask first.

whenever i play music, if i hear people asking me to stop i do
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pwnage View Post
    I have a couple of questions regarding admin behavior and key binding.
    1.) I was wondering how (if possible) I could bind a key to bring up admin menu versus having to go through console and manually typing admin each time

2.) I was also wondering if I could get in trouble for putting up question votes like "Is this map a nice one to play on?" and "Shall we have a random map vote?" and then, if answer is yes, proceeding to have a map vote. (I usually only ask that question if people are complaining a lot about the map)

3.) And one final question, I was wondering if we had a specific rule on if players are allowed to play music over their mic's. I looked in the rules but the closest thing I could get to is that you cannot yell into a mic repeatedly to disrupt game play.

Anyways just had some questions and I am looking forward to seeing you in game!

Once again thanks,
    Pwnage
    1--Console -- type bind "o" admin > submit Now all you need to do is hit "o" on your keyboard

2-- If you do a "nice map vote" IMO you should abide by the results as I do, BUT, IF the players auto hit "1" like many do then you have done your job and now because the vote is yes stay on that map. If the players want to change it then they can RTV (I usually type an ADMIN message to them saying READ the next choice BEFORE you vote)

If the vote is NO then I'll put up a map vote of #7 for choices so they don't have to scroll.

3-- What Aco said is fine.. but if U have someone that defies your requests and abuses the HLSS continuously, warn of a kick/ban then bring out the hammer for a few minutes or whatever you feel is appropriate for the crime (no more than 2 days IMO)

Good luck and this is the place to get your info instead of testing it in the field..

One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

4. Default

Yeah Dennis pretty much cleared it all up, I have nothing to say. lol

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by washythebreaker View Post
    Yeah Dennis pretty much cleared it all up, I have nothing to say. lol
    one more thing, can i make a message appear in the middle of the screen? and if so, how?

and i don't mean off to the side somewhere, i mean in the middle where people pretty much have to see it

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pwnage View Post
    one more thing, can i make a message appear in the middle of the screen? and if so, how?
    type in
    @@@ whatever you want to say
    Also you can make your own votes by doing this command

ma_votequestion "Question" "answer1" "answer2" "answer3"
    Here is also a website that lists the commands and different thing you can do as an admin.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    type in

Also you can make your own votes by doing this command

Here is also a website that lists the commands and different thing you can do as an admin.
    thanks sooo much

8. Default