Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: !zmenu option 4 = !ztele

1. Default !zmenu option 4 = !ztele

Hello, i'm alex and i play on the zombie mod server. i'm also an admin since 1/11/10.

i'm posting this thread for Zero because yesterday i became aware that Humans are ztele-ing from zombies faster than they can type. when they ztele from zombies i expect their name to be on the message box followed by !ztele to confirm their illegal action. however, the typing doesn't show as they tele out and its a lot harder for me and the other admins to catch them.

Zero, would it be possible to disable the !zmenu option 4? as more players become aware of that option, they will take advantage of it and will be harder for us admins to find and punish the ones who ztele from zombies

thank you,

alex

2. Default

ok look here, alex did you LOOK through console logs, if you did, my bad didn't mean to offend you
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

3. Default Umm.

You realize anyone can bind a key to !ztele?

Personally, I have mind bound to "h":

Code:
    bind "h" "say_team !ztele"
    ... Yeah.

So, just freeze them if they !ztele and issue a warning. If they do it again, ban them.

4. Default

No he is saying that sometimes when people !ztele it isn't showing up in the game chat logs.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alex_mamaroneck View Post
    ... i became aware that Humans are ztele-ing from zombies faster than they can type. when they ztele from zombies i expect their name to be on the message box followed by !ztele to confirm their illegal action. however, the typing doesn't show as they tele out and its a lot harder for me and the other admins to catch them. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Pavlik View Post
    No he is saying that sometimes when people !ztele it isn't showing up in the game chat logs.
    That's not what I got from it...

And it wouldn't show up if you're on a different channel (T/CT) and the suspect in question is using "say_team" to !ztele.

6. Default

Thats probably it. For me anyway.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    You realize anyone can bind a key to !ztele?

Personally, I have mind bound to "h":

Code:
    bind "h" "say_team !ztele"
    ... Yeah.

So, just freeze them if they !ztele and issue a warning. If they do it again, ban them.
    ugh..... I like the last part, but he was saying what Andrew, anyways... keep up with the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Pavlik View Post
    yea, thats what I say in my 1st post, did he even bother to look in CONSOLE LOGS?
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

8. Default

Walter he is talking about doing a !ztele through !zmenu which doesn't show in chat.

9. Default

If you are a zombie and a human uses "say_team !ztele" it likewise won't appear in your chat box. This is what a majority of players are doing now, instead of typing in/macroing !zmenu then hitting 4 or keeping up !zmenu and just hitting 4 when needed.

Either way will prevent the text from appearing in the chat box is what we're saying, Anex.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

10. Default

this is a basic rule in ZM.

humans cannot use ZTELE to escape being tagged.

if you catch a player doing this ban them for 1 day.

repeat offenders get 7 days.

if people start giving you lip about banning someone, refer them to our forums and tell them to take it up with inthebutt, I'll handle it.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-