Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: gettin a new desktop

Default gettin a new desktop

ya so i need a new desktop comp for less than or close to 1000 $. preferably with 500 gb + hard drive, more than 4 gb ram. possibly an I7 processor, and a top of the line graphics card. any ideas?

dell all the way if you dont wanna build your own rig

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    dell all the way if you dont wanna build your own rig
    specifics please. and ive owned a dell b4, was much happier with my last computer, an hp. i know the major brands, i'd like to know if anybody has any odd or alternative brands/options. providing links would help alot 2 :P

my previous laptop was an HP. and it literally caught on fire.

I have a dell inspiron 545 with a 500gb hd, 4gigs ram, ATI Radeon 3200 graphics card, windows 7 64 bit ultimate, office...

and a AMD Athlon tri-core processor running stock 2.7GHZ/per core...i have mine overclocked to 3.2/per core.

23 inch high def moniter, NO WIRELESS, and upgraded sound card. 800 bucks from dell.com

My Laptop is an Inspiron 15 with a 2.5 Ghz Duo Core. nothin really dancy but it cost me and extra 300 bucks to add to my desktop. I love em both.

5. Default

Hp sucks with bloatware and cheep itoms (and fucking bios locked mobos!) dell is the same just w/o the bloatware

build it yourself, and for the love of god skip on the i7, the i7 will make it impossible for you to get a good gpu at 1000$ as an i7 computer itself costs 900 :/

what about other things? blu-ray? sli capable (like buying a second 460 down the line, 460 sli is AMAZING! almost as powerfull as the 5970)

Edit:
    there we go, an i5 w/blu-ray 6 gigs of ram, 1 tb HDD, a 460 and fuck I forgot a psu.... Il fix the build later, I need to get to work this morning D:
    Last edited by StarsMine; 09-01-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Hp sucks with bloatware and cheep itoms (and fucking bios locked mobos!) dell is the same just w/o the bloatware

build it yourself, and for the love of god skip on the i7, the i7 will make it impossible for you to get a good gpu at 1000$ as an i7 computer itself costs 900 :/

what about other things? blu-ray? sli capable (like buying a second 460 down the line, 460 sli is AMAZING! almost as powerfull as the 5970)

Edit:
    there we go, an i5 w/blu-ray 6 gigs of ram, 1 tb HDD, a 460 and fuck I forgot a psu.... Il fix the build later, I need to get to work this morning D:
    yea i have no idea how to build a computer :P

7. Default

Dell is a piece of shit company. What ever you can build yourself is something that is 10x better than what Dell could ever give you.

This build comes with Mafia 2.

Attached Images
    Last edited by anex; 09-01-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Dell is a piece of shit company. What ever you can build yourself is something that is 10x better than what Dell could ever give you.
    whatever i can build myself=nothing

9. Default

Erm. Thats what we are here for Hall. Ignore that puppy puzzle shit.
    Last edited by anex; 09-01-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Its not hard. Really putting the pieces together in a computer is like putting together an 8 piece puppy puzzle from Wallmart.
    maybe i'll try it then.

edit: anex u cock :P