Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i would play on frufru. because i'm a boss
    hahahahaha
    Personal reform

2. Default

Kinda bummed that my beta weekend is up. Does anyone know the real answer to whether or not they plan to wipe all chars? So many mixed answers.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

3. Default

yes, you will lose the character. wont take long 2 re do what ya did though given you know all the quests now and shit.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    yes, you will lose the character. wont take long 2 re do what ya did though given you know all the quests now and shit.
    That does not make any sense at all though. Thats like punishing beta testers for helping them get ready for launch.
    Personal reform

5. Default

dude, it's beta testing.. lol the game isn't released yet.. being a beta tester does not give you a advantage on every 1 else and let you play the game early.... it lets you play the game 2 report any issues or bugs. your characters will be removed and come dec 15'th you will have 2 start over again, I will bet any amount of money you want on this....

for someone who claims 2 be an epic MMO'er you shoud know this

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

I guess I should greatly consider pre-ordering to get that five day head start then...
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

I don't think iv ever played a beta that resulted in a mass rollback. Part of the reason being no one is maxed and able to test end game content so to keep beta treater chars around to play end game would be ideal. I see no point in mass roll back and fear it may discourage players to purchase or continue playing at launch. Non theless we should reroll on a PvP server and immidiatly start guild ingame at kaas city.
    Personal reform

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    I don't think iv ever played a beta that resulted in a mass rollback. Part of the reason being no one is maxed and able to test end game content so to keep beta treater chars around to play end game would be ideal. I see no point in mass roll back and fear it may discourage players to purchase or continue playing at launch. Non theless we should reroll on a PvP server and immidiatly start guild ingame at kaas city.
    YES PVP! Even if it doesn't roll back and I'm able to keep my char, I'd consider paying for the transfer...

If it does then we should definitely go PVP.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    What P2P game beta have you played that they DON'T delete characters? Even the game you played most (Guild Wars) they deleted beta characters. Actually most P2P/B2P games that have open betas have a huge "Cleansing" of all characters. I remember MxO's end of beta. lol They literally killed everyone's characters by smooshing them with the big red eyes in the sky. Most epic beta ever, too bad the game did so poorly.

On that note, betas are for testing. If you're lucky enough to get into alpha testing, then you're one of the few that get to test the end game content with high-level characters throughout the beta. That's how most games work. They want the most dedicated testers, the ones who give thorough and drawn out feedback, to test their end-game throughout the whole developing process. During the end of closed betas phases, they start giving out more keys in order to better stress test their servers, and then open beta further stresses the servers out.

At least that's how most well-known devs do it.

All-in-all the game is great. Lots of graphical glitches, broken quests and major lag spikes, but other than that the game is pretty polished for a closed beta.

EDIT: Remember, beta tests are not to play the game as if it's launched. It's to test for bugs and shit, especially in the early levels.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

10. Default

Seriously though, we should coordinate which PVP server we'd all join so someone doesn't spend time on the wrong one. Darth Malak was pretty good but any sith/na/east/pvp should do. They're adding servers before launch too.

Maybe a SWTOR vent lobby?
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/