Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Future

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post

"hell yeah man, word up. ya know what, all i hear is blah blah blah...morons...they should sign a contract before coming on here. i don't have to, i was born l33t. i'll bust a cap in yo ass. so that's my two cents.

can't wait to see what they say about this"

thought i should translate.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    "hell yeah man, word up. ya know what, all i hear is blah blah blah...morons...they should sign a contract before coming on here. i don't have to, i was born l33t. i'll bust a cap in yo ass. so that's my two cents.

can't wait to see what they say about this"

thought i should translate.
    Personal reform

3. Default

The reason it takes so long is b/c I have not had time to program the races. This is largely due to work and now me losing all of the code.

I will say that the longest part of race development is actually the effects. There is very little documentation on making complex and cool effects in SM. Also trying to make old race effects appear the same on the new code is very difficult. In addition I must also test to ensure these effects to not create crashing or too much lag on client systems. What really sucks is the loss of the dragonfly code. Some of the effects for the flying effect took over a month to develop.

I will admit that what could really speed up development is if people developed working and optimal code for all the various effects of all the unfinished races however that is no longer the issue as those races do not have effect methods much different from those previously developed. I would have been able to finish almost all the races by the summer except now I lost all the code for the old ones. I think that what I may try to do is a stacked development where we can start to roll out new releases of the old races and new races at the same time on the test server so that while one race is being tested I can be programing another one. This should speed up development once I have time to actually program.

4. Default

Alright and I'll be more than happy to help you test em out and let you know any bugs ^^

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    The reason it takes so long is b/c I have not had time to program the races. This is largely due to work and now me losing all of the code.

I will say that the longest part of race development is actually the effects. There is very little documentation on making complex and cool effects in SM. Also trying to make old race effects appear the same on the new code is very difficult. In addition I must also test to ensure these effects to not create crashing or too much lag on client systems. What really sucks is the loss of the dragonfly code. Some of the effects for the flying effect took over a month to develop.

I will admit that what could really speed up development is if people developed working and optimal code for all the various effects of all the unfinished races however that is no longer the issue as those races do not have effect methods much different from those previously developed. I would have been able to finish almost all the races by the summer except now I lost all the code for the old ones. I think that what I may try to do is a stacked development where we can start to roll out new releases of the old races and new races at the same time on the test server so that while one race is being tested I can be programing another one. This should speed up development once I have time to actually program.
    I understand where you're coming from, and it is shitty how everything got jewed. I just feel like the server would prosper more if, in the mean time, we threw a bunch of races on. This would give us a trial by fire to find bugs and balance issues but it would also solve a lot of problems as well. Also it would give you the time needed to work on the races that are taking you forever to finish, not that it's your fault, just that they're a bitch to work on.

There are enough tried and tested races out there that it shouldn't be too hard to do, and your more complex races will fit in better once you finish them
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

6. Default

So when is this server up for termination and reincarnation?

7. Default

not any time soon.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

not any time soon.
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

9. Default

the current servers need work before we venture off into more servers.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

the current servers need work before we venture off into more servers.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones