Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: P90 Shenanigans

1. Default P90 Shenanigans

I was doing some weapon's research while the ZM server was acting up, using the PyschoStats data and got to wondering.

Why are P90 kills given twice as many points for a kill as a Para? It's the third most lethal human weapon and a lot more accurate than Para, as you notice by the head-shot numbers, with an above average clip size.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/weapons.php

Is there a list detailing the points assigned to kills by particular weapons? Seems like those brave enough to use Sigs, TMPs or Augs should be getting more points.

I should mention I'm not one of those brave people.

2. Default

I should mention that I am.

I do think the ranking system when it comes to weapon weights needs some work. However I would prefer the ranking system to be gone anyways so people aren't compelled to use the P90 ALL THE TIME to up their rank as quickly as possible.

3. Default

This is correct, the p90 was overlooked. The ranks have been fixed to give it the same point value as the pump shotgun. This is only slightly more points than for getting a para kill by a difference of .5 it is still less than the other weapons by a significant amount. The point reduction is about 24% for the p90 from its previous value.

4. Default

My Public Administration professor in First Semester (first class I ever attended at my college) fired a P90.

He said that video games do in fact help improve weapon accuracy and proficiency. Who would have thought.

5. Default

Wait, what?..

Why should P90 be less than a para? That just encourages everyone to buy a para and sit in a vent.

It's true, P90 was a bit too high, but 1.75 would be good instead of 2.30.

And 2.75 for a tmp or mac10 kill isn't that bad. It's 3 times what a para gives almost.

Para can kill any zombie with all head shots, it takes P90 2-3 reloads to kill the deformed and classic.

So it definitely should be worth more than a para.

And, if that be true, then what of the Ak47 and the M4A1? Shouldn't they be at least 2.25? Since they're harder to use than both the para and p90.

And here's the list, or as it should be, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Code:
    Weapon                                 Weight
    ak47                                    2.25
    aug                                     2.25
    awp                                     0.50
    deagle                                  3.01
    elite                                   3.00
    famas                                   2.35            
    fiveseven                               3.10
    g3sg1                                   0.50
    galil                                   2.50         
    glock                                   3.50
    hegrenade                               5.00
    knife                                  10.00
    m249                                    1.25          
    m3                                      1.75
    m4a1                                    2.00            
    mac10                                   2.75            
    mp5navy                                 2.50           
    p228                                    3.10
    p90                                     1.75                                
    scout                                   3.75
    sg550                                   0.50
    sg552                                   2.00            
    tmp                                     2.75            
    ump45                                   2.60
    usp                                     3.10
    xm1014                                  1.75
    zombie_claws_of_death                   1.10
    Just go to the original post to see the current points for each weapon, minus the P90 now.

I'd also like to add, the people with TMPs or mac10s, shotguns, etc. are mostly leachers and tube campers. The guys with the p90 actually build the barricades.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 09-29-2009 at 08:22 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

... what is 2.3-24% -> 1.75 so it is worth more than the para by .5

7. Default

James, you can build a perfectly good cade with a deagle.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    My Public Administration professor in First Semester (first class I ever attended at my college) fired a P90.

He said that video games do in fact help improve weapon accuracy and proficiency. Who would have thought.
    I learned how to fire most weapons from video games. I also would blame video games for my fabulous hand eye coordination and my lightning fast reflexes.

9. Default

whoa whoa now lets leave the p90 alone.

james is right, usually its the people with the p90 that builds the cade.

and most of the time when the person with the p90 is reloading the rest of the people are shooting at the zombie earning the kills cause the p90 has the fastest rate of fire and some of us can really aim with that gun, taking alot of health away from the zombie.

just cause the p90 gives you so many points towards skill, doesn't mean everyone is gonna go and use it now, it has a fast rate of fire and a high recoil but not as high as the AK.

people that don't know how to use it mostly spray and pray instead of double tapping it. I vote we leave it alone and let the noobs who try to use it get killed off first and leave more kills for the guys who do know how to use the p90 correctly.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    ... what is 2.3-24% -> 1.75 so it is worth more than the para by .5
    I thought you said you reduced it to 0.50, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    James, you can build a perfectly good cade with a deagle.
    And dude, just because I built a cade with a scout doesn't mean I like to or want to.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.