Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Senior Admin

1. Default Senior Admin

Whom ever has the most power over other admins shouldn't be based on time, I don't know how, but we need to make some other way to set the seniority of Admins in our servers, Otherwise we get stuck doing what ever the senior admin wants and I get bitched at for trying to do something about it.

Example: Sitting on some shit map in Zmod like zm_retard or something

"Senior Admin" wants to go to mario escape

He doesn't make a vote, instead just changes it.

My votes to get us off the map get canceled because I'm not senior.

I just find it absurd, I liked it much better when all the old admins just kinda discussed who would put a vote up, and that's how we did shit.

Fucking miss the old days.
    Last edited by ๖ReS; 06-08-2010 at 06:46 PM.

2. Default

uhhh, for the record, there's nothing in the tos saying admins must make votes. it's just not to be abused w/ frequent map changes.

and also, senior admin only counts for one thing: maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post

I just find it absurd, I liked it much better when all the old admins just kinda discussed who would put a vote up, and that's how we did shit.

Fucking miss the old days.
    I highly doubt zero is gonna go change the TOS for ya lol....

it's always been like this. just cause a year ago ppl were more prone to asking 1 another what they thought doesn't mean that can't still happen. but in the event that ppl don't agree, there's always then the senior admin who can make the call. I personally don't think admins should do map changes without a vote that consists of other maps also.. it's how ive always done it anyway.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I highly doubt zero is gonna go change the TOS for ya lol....

it's always been like this. just cause a year ago ppl were more prone to asking 1 another what they thought doesn't mean that can't still happen. but in the event that ppl don't agree, there's always then the senior admin who can make the call. I personally don't think admins should do map changes without a vote that consists of other maps also.. it's how ive always done it anyway.
    Well it probably won't considering all of the new admins follow that rule strictly. I know Zero wont change the TOS but still they need to chill with the senior admin shit.

Also, What I was trying to say about the random map change is that we were like right in the middle of playing, and he changed it to mario escape...

5. Default

id be pissed off also, res. admins need 2 learn that's it's not about what they just want, senior admin or not. there's a server full of ppl, and every 1 should be able 2 have a good time.

and yes I couldn't agree more about the new admins and the senior admin thing. it's like ppl (not gonna name any 1) just log on and try and stay on so they can have ultimate say over the map changs... it's kinda sad. at the very least though, admins should think about the fact they're not the only 1 on the server, and do a multiple map vote so the mass majority can fairly vote on what they want 2 play.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    id be pissed off also, res. admins need 2 learn that's it's not about what they just want, senior admin or not. there's a server full of ppl, and every 1 should be able 2 have a good time.

and yes I couldn't agree more about the new admins and the senior admin thing. it's like ppl (not gonna name any 1) just log on and try and stay on so they can have ultimate say over the map changs... it's kinda sad. at the very least though, admins should think about the fact they're not the only 1 on the server, and do a multiple map vote so the mass majority can fairly vote on what they want 2 play.
    But every fucking time one of them makes a vote it's a random one, not a self built map pack, so then we end up with a list of 5 horrible maps and then to top all that 1 is "Extend Map" so of course everyone spams 1 and we all stay on the map. Wooo hooo.

7. Default

Do a ma_vote with maps you like? I have a bind set up for all my favorite GG maps.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

8. Default

Maynard, you don't understand the stupidity level of ZM.

Why do you think I only play WCS and PUB now?

9. Default

fair enough.... didn't really think of the million horror stories ive heard of that place lol. WCS FTW =)

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

ZM was fine until 41 people were allowed in there at a time instead of 32. It's just 10 too many. Zero still needs to make a second ZM server oldschool style.

Anyhow, whenever I'm there I always ask everyone what they want to play. If they bitch about a map I add to a vote, and yet don't suggest any other maps, then who's the idiot?

I just wish the settings were all back to normal.. I didn't really understand why Zero added 10 slots instead of just making another 20+ slot server..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.