Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: just a thought about bans

1. Default just a thought about bans

It seems that some people are having trouble telling the difference between a good player and wall hacks. i've seen many people get banned that were obviously not hacking, that still aren't unbanned.

what if in order to ban a wall hacker, a demo had to be provided before the ban, and zero made the decision. that way no innocent people get banned and stay that way for days, ultimately turning them off from ibis servers.

the only stipulation would be that the demos would surely have to have sb_status (even though they already should) so that a ban could be issued later if found evident of hacking.

thoughts?

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    It seems that some people are having trouble telling the difference between a good player and wall hacks. i've seen many people get banned that were obviously not hacking, that still aren't unbanned.

what if in order to ban a wall hacker, a demo had to be provided before the ban, and zero made the decision. that way no innocent people get banned and stay that way for days, ultimately turning them off from ibis servers.

the only stipulation would be that the demos would surely have to have sb_status (even though they already should) so that a ban could be issued later if found evident of hacking.

thoughts?
    agreed.

although a great idea, no one would ever be banned. Zero would take forever

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    although a great idea, no one would ever be banned. Zero would take forever
    as opposed to people always getting banned and then having to wait forever to become unbanned? It's a lose, lose really. I would rather deal with a waller than know that there are perfectly legit players that are banned and nothing is done about it.

I'm not talking about aimbotters here. The aimbotters are obvious and there is usually no question as to what hack they are using, but walling is something that takes more observation and should take more than one opinion before a ban is issued.

5. Default

as opposed to people always getting banned and then having to wait forever to become unbanned? It's a lose, lose really. I would rather deal with a waller than know that there are perfectly legit players that are banned and nothing is done about it.

I'm not talking about aimbotters here. The aimbotters are obvious and there is usually no question as to what hack they are using, but walling is something that takes more observation and should take more than one opinion before a ban is issued.
    Don't rely on zero for feedback, having one point of failure is a bad idea. I think it's quite a good thought, but instead of submitting it to zero, put it in the Ban Requests forum with a demo. Wait for people to weigh in, then impose it.

(We can ban steamid's when they're not on the server, right?)
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

6. Default

...why don't people simply learn what a wall-hack looks like?

it's retarded to put more steps in the process, since it will just fuck shit up. instead, people have to learn what hacks look like before doing shit
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

what admins and regulars in this community need to realize, is that not everything that seems to be a "wallhack" is a "wallhack". the more obvious ones, yeah, but radar hacks have been running rampant across the competitive scene for a while now. and with all these new companies recoding and updating the software that these kids pay for, it makes it difficult for anti-cheat clients to catch.

radar hacks are some of the most difficult hacks to catch, but also the most popular to code in the cheating scene.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    ...why don't people simply learn what a wall-hack looks like?

it's retarded to put more steps in the process, since it will just fuck shit up. instead, people have to learn what hacks look like before doing shit
    That is a given, but it won't happen. Wall hacks take a lot more experience to find, and instead of saying "Oh, that was one REALLY LUCKY SHOT", they say "OH MY GOD HACKS".

It takes a lot more experience to look at someone and say "Ok, that is not walling, that is skill/luck"...which doesn't happen anymore. It seems, that as soon as an admin has made up their mind that someone is walling, there is no going back. It's wrong and it's detrimental to the servers, and gives admins a bad name.

I agree with Fireye, that the idea of posting the demo for further opinion, would be better than putting the decision to zero..perhaps when we get our admin only section.

the demos should be posted for all to see.

10. Default

That is a given, but it won't happen. Wall hacks take a lot more experience to find, and instead of saying "Oh, that was one REALLY LUCKY SHOT", they say "OH MY GOD HACKS".

It takes a lot more experience to look at someone and say "Ok, that is not walling, that is skill/luck"...which doesn't happen anymore. It seems, that as soon as an admin has made up their mind that someone is walling, there is no going back. It's wrong and it's detrimental to the servers, and gives admins a bad name.

I agree with Fireye, that the idea of posting the demo for further opinion, would be better than putting the decision to zero..perhaps when we get our admin only section.
    i know that there have been plenty of people i've suspected, but after specing them for 10 rounds, if i don't have anything i delete the demo and move on. the way i see it, is if they're hacking there will be someone better than me to catch them if i couldn't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?