Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Really, alex? Really.

1. Thumbs up Really, alex? Really.

So I was just kicked + banned for typing in ZombieMod chat, and I quote:

nigga, I AM the fish tank
    I'm assuming that since I was doing nothing else than minding my own business, the reason for the kick was R A C I S M. The funny thing is, "nigga" is not only a non-r a c i s t made-up word, but it wasn't used in any sort of r a c i a l context. At all. Words themselves are harmless, but unless I called someone a racially-offensive word, I should not deserve a kick or ban. I've played on this server with you guys for a long time, have endured WAAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE explicitly r a c i s t chats, micspams and offensive sprays IN THIS SERVER, even from some admins in the past, and so I feel that this kick + ban was ill-placed and comical at least.

The 5 minute ban I don't mind. But just the fact that typing "nigga" results in a ban is fucking idiotic and shows nothing more than that the admin himself has personal issues with the word, which isn't really a word (don't believe me? try looking it up in the dictionary. exactly.), which shouldn't be expressed in the server, especially without a warning of some type first.

Ergo, deal with your own issues and warn first next time, alex.

2. Default

yeah Ness i did ban you... you are a regular right? meaning you know the rules of this game. WHY WOULD YOU NEED A WARN? TO GET AWAY WITH IT?. Racial slurs is not tolerated. you know that. its what i was fighting against man. in zm server to me everyone is equal i treat no one different. i spectate and look at the text most of the time. hardly play because i try hard to make sure this server goes by the rules and have fun at the same time.
    gave you 100mins to think about it. please don't do that again. sorry i had to ban you...
    Last edited by alex_mamaroneck; 06-04-2010 at 12:37 PM.

3. Thumbs up

Yeah I know what you did, and I disagree with why you did it, thats why we're here. And, 100 mins? I don't care if this was the first time I played on the server, you owe people a warning before you carry out such a ban for such a minor offense. Yeah, it was a MINOR offense. But instead you're treating it like a MAJOR offense. Thats why its admin abuse.

4. Default

Proper format does wonders
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

5. Default

Nigga isn't racist.

6. Default

gangsta rap made him do it

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    don't believe me? try looking it up in the dictionary. exactly
    you know there is more than one type of dictionary. school and the full dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    nigga, I AM the fish tank
    also why n bomb anyway 1000s of words to choose from and you choose the n bomb

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Curdy View Post
    you know there is more than one type of dictionary. school and the full dictionary.

also why n bomb anyway 1000s of words to choose from and you choose the n bomb
    Nigga isn't an n bomb.

Lern2history.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Nigga isn't an n bomb.

Lern2history.
    Exactly.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Nigga isn't an n bomb.

Lern2history.
    just saying.