Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gravity in zm DON'T CHANGE IT!

1. Default Gravity in zm DON'T CHANGE IT!

If you change the gravity to -1000 it WILL crash the server for a considerable amount of time. DON'T DO IT! 200-400 already fucks up the server enough. Leave Gravity alone.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    If you change the gravity to -1000 it WILL crash the server for a considerable amount of time. DON'T DO IT! 200-400 already fucks up the server enough. Leave Gravity alone.
    If it doesnt crash it, it will mess up the gravity of objects even after a map change. This has been noted in the past.

3. Default

I really didn't like it when admins such as Internet Badass would change the gravity all the time, it really ruined the game. So yes, don't change it period.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Gravity is such a relative theory.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by demonater10 View Post
    Gravity is such a relative theory.
    Thats why I believe in "Intelligent Falling."

6. Default

You know how you fly? You throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Also, the gravity changing command is actually useful when the server needs a restart.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7. Default

Ya that is true. I have had to change the gravity to restart server. I have found that -9999999 is the best value to quickly crash it for a restart.

8. Default

Just this last week, I had to tell one of the admins how to restart the server when the physics were messed up.

9. Default

Its always great fun attempting to force a restart of the server. Well atleast I enjoy it.

10. Default

No more changing gravity or we will remove what limited rcon access you have

Live or die, make your choice.