Thread: Temporary Bans question

Default Temporary Bans question

I'm a little unclear as to how tempbans work via console.

Here's what I've been using (according to the above sticky):
    ma_ban "time" "name"

I've had to do this twice - once for someone ignoring my warnings about rejoining GG for levels, and once for ignoring warnings (and a kick) about disgusting sprays. Both instances the readout in chat just said the player was banned, and tbh it looked no different than a permaban. Curious, I looked around on google and saw conflicting ways of doing it. Not wanting the bans to actually be permanent I made mental notes and ma_unbanned on both occasions.

Is that the proper command, or am I just lolretarded?

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post

ma_ban "time" "name"

I've had to do this twice - once for someone ignoring my warnings about rejoining GG for levels, and once for ignoring warnings (and a kick) about disgusting sprays. Both instances the readout in chat just said the player was banned, and tbh it looked no different than a permaban. Curious, I looked around on google and saw conflicting ways of doing it. Not wanting the bans to actually be permanent I made mental notes and ma_unbanned on both occasions.

its ma_ban <steam id> <time>

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post

ma_ban "time" "name"

u can use ur admin menu to ban someone temporary, 5 , 30 mins , 2 hours etc...
    or its smthn like ma_ban playername 5
    or ma_ban 5 playername cant remember which is which.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    u can use ur admin menu to ban someone temporary, 5 , 30 mins , 2 hours etc...
    or its smthn like ma_ban playername 5
    or ma_ban 5 playername cant remember which is which.
    its a whole lot easier and safer you use ma_ban <steam id> <time>

5. Default

on't use the menu!!!!!

console:
    ma_ban <name> <time>
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Thanks gentlemen

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    on't use the menu!!!!!
    i personally use the ma_ban thing , but why not use the menu?
    Sry caps btw, too lazy to rewrite

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    i personally use the ma_ban thing , but why not use the menu?
    Sry caps btw, too lazy to rewrite
    the menu doesn't work right many times.

console is far, FAR safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

agreed

10. Default

gotcha, thanks man . altho i dnt use it except for banning other admins ...euh.. i mean for banning taz :P or shady or joker .... one time mikey... actually.. yeah for banning admins ;P