Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Mod Server Persistent Lag

1. Default Zombie Mod Server Persistent Lag

At the end of every round, the server lags for about a second.

And occasionally (a few times per hour on average) the server gets lag spikes.

This is getting tiring. It never used to be like this. Why is this persisting? I thought these new servers were supposed to be superior.

Please, can something be done? This is important.

This is true.

also... HHEEELLOOOO FRROOOMMM OOORLLLANNDOOOO

3. Default

maybe we should scrap ZM and turn it into a GG elimination server...

4. Default

I will keel you if you ruin my zmod server!!!!!!!! its the only good Zmod server around

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I will keel you if you ruin my zmod server!!!!!!!! its the only good Zmod server around
    how about you kill yourself first?

6. Default

Here is the deal, the cpu and memory and network have a ton of overhead. Therefore the server is a crap ton faster. However, mods such as zm and other mods installed on the server are not exactly the best coded programs out there. As a result a script or even 10 people with rate hacks can easily cause problems. In addition the poor coded maps that are used do not help especially on the client end where that combined with 39 player models can easily overwhelm a medium or low end gaming system. Now in a few weeks when I get back up to school I will be auditing all the mods on every server to kill off the shit ones that cause lag. One thing this may involve is having some bad eventscripts mods ported over to sourcemod so that they actually work correctly. Also installing better security and anti hacking mods can help prevent users from doing things that create lag spikes.

In the end, the server is plenty powerful enough and we could even put on probably like 5 more servers with no real impact on performance. It is some crappy mods combined with other things that cause those lag problems. For example some of those mods have memory leeks that bog down the server over time, all the ram and cpu in the world can not help something that is simply not programed properly.

Tonight the website is going to move so that will be a great change of pace for everything here. But give me some time and I will get back around to the zm server. Thanks for letting me know about these problems and let me assure you that I am going to get everything done but I am not going to get everything done at once.

7. Default

Another thing that can explain the random lag spikes is when admins go through the map list. For some odd reason, whenever you change the page, the loading of the map list lags the server for a second.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    how about you kill yourself first?
    nemesis, PINK is right IBIS has one of the best ZM servers on CSS.

why would you want to give up such a good server to turn it into a crappy GG elimination server when you have one to play on already??

oh and P.S. you suck at PUB.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    nemesis, PINK is right IBIS has one of the best ZM servers on CSS.

why would you want to give up such a good server to turn it into a crappy GG elimination server when you have one to play on already??

oh and P.S. you suck at PUB.
    You aren't that great either inthebutt.. you only managed to kill me when i get Dted.. or with an awp :|
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by weeman2412 View Post
    You aren't that great either inthebutt.. you only managed to kill me when i get Dted.. or with an awp :|
    Aren't you one of those faggots that uses scripts for CSS ?