Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: zm is going downwards

1. Default zm is going downwards

After all the threads about this i feel teh same way. I wish i could somehow have the ability to change time and stop all this crap. Holy left now anex for some program and masta doesn't come on the server. I don't get why left 4 dead is better. I see but it doesn't stick to well to its zombie survival theme. Your supposed to cade not run and gun. But i guess its a change of pace for some ppl. Unless we get some kewl updates or something the community could die. And i a kid will get annoyed by little kids mic spammers. Really why do kids have to use a mic. Also this is just a suggestion but i found minigame servers are good for populating easy also since we have such a big community it should be packed. Just a suggestion. The community is losing its toll like the stock market in the 1930s.

2. Default

What is it with people and the bitching?

The servers seem to have improved lately, and the only kid I know of is jojo who is on regularly.

You guys take that server way too seriously.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post

The servers seem to have improved lately, and the only kid I know of is jojo who is on regularly.

Well maybe if you wanna be in it in the future, you should to.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    Well maybe if you wanna be in it in the future, you should to.
    By doing what exactly?

5. Default

Server ranking has been on an upward trend for the last week or so. It is also like this always at this time of year. When people get out of school the community changes as some are on more and others less. The server goes though regular seasonal fluctuations of players and may to june is always a transition as people leave for the summer or comeback for the summer. Things should start to stabilize by the end of next week, especially with my big computer being back online.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post

I'm sure everyone here realizes that it's just a game, but there's a point when it stops being fun and turns into a shitfest when there's too many people that don't respect the purpose of ZM. When there's no admins on, the whole server turns into a circus. People joined the server with the notion that since it isn't a pub or regular match, they can just screw around and no one would have a problem.

Favoritism still runs rampant on the server. I still see admins slapping themselves up to tag people. I still see admins protecting their friends while freezing others who do something stupid.

I had false hopes that the server would improvement, but I've come to realize it's never going to change. I've already jump ship to a different server, but I still wanted to voice my opinion.

Server ranking has been on an upward trend for the last week or so. It is also like this always at this time of year. When people get out of school the community changes as some are on more and others less. The server goes though regular seasonal fluctuations of players and may to june is always a transition as people leave for the summer or comeback for the summer. Things should start to stabilize by the end of next week, especially with my big computer being back online.
    Just because the numbers have been on an upward trend doesn't mean it's stabilizing or improving. You're trading good, valid players for newbies and idiots. This is a case of quality vs quantity.

</rant>

7. Default

Everyone thinks they are so important and if "their group" leaves the server will go to crap.... news flash thats just not true. Check my post.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...?t=1461&page=3

If everyone in ZM left today given a week a new generation of good and bad players would fill the sever. Zero is confident because this is nothing new this cylce has happened many times in the past... and will happen many times in the future.

8. Default

The Server is doing fine by my point of view its still full when i come on i have fun playing when my kids go to bed i start it up and still have a laugh.

maybe you should just step back for a bit and have a rest, when you overplay a game it can lose its appeal.

9. Default

I agree with Eth on all of his points.

ZM is a drastically different playing style than GG, where cooperative play is only there because you can't shoot your teammates to go up in level, rounds are faster and there's no element of modifying the map for your advantage (making barricades).

So, it also takes a lot more moderation. Where you might need to worry about TKing on GG, it is mostly solved by the retribution system or a script that kicks anyone with kills below a certain amount. On ZM, people can't outright kill you but they can still get you killed and there's no way to have an automated retribution system as a deterrent.

Because of this, ZM needs admins to keep the peace, but recently they've caused more frustration than relieved.

I should say I'm surprised to see Eth respond and it's sad to see Eth wander off again. He doesn't often talk much in the game, much less on the forums. The last time he did wander off, I wasn't far behind because of a new wave of admins causing troubles. Most of those admins are gone with two exceptions, and those exceptions have set a precedent on the server that I feel needs to be stopped.

Also should note the upward trend on the stats might be a result of the tinkering you did a few weeks back, Zero. I made it up to the top10 recently in only a week and a half when it took me four months the last time if I recall.

And of course while I'm typing this, Vlad offers yet another wise post.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladninja View Post
    Everyone thinks they are so important and if "their group" leaves the server will go to crap.... news flash thats just not true. Check my post.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...?t=1461&page=3

If everyone in ZM left today given a week a new generation of good and bad players would fill the sever. Zero is confident because this is nothing new this cylce has happened many times in the past... and will happen many times in the future.
    I'm not denying the fact that there will always be people around to take the place of those who leave. The problem stems from the fact that you're okay with good players leaving. I have more respect for those who strive to keep quality players versus those who rely on the mass of new players and hoping for a few good ones to show up.

I understand the importance of new players to fuel the growth of the server, but sacrificing quality isn't the right direction.