Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unsure

1. Default Unsure

Banned: approx. 8:30pm PST July 8, 2008 (Ban Period 1 day)
    Admin: quite a few people talking and admin did not give me a chance to ask.
    (Though I made a list of the IBIS members playing at the time, to list them would be pointless)

Server: Zombie Mod+ | [ISS] IBS | FAST DSL

Complaint: The fact that I was banned for a day does not bother me, however the manner in how it was treated is what compelled me to report this.

Situation from my view: First off the admin banned me not as a last resort but as a first measure. Secondly, I did not find being laughed at amusing while I was trying to ask the person who was banning me questions on the situation.

At the time I was unaware of my actions, but I was accidentally setting off a premature nuke on one of the maps by trying to get ahead of the group. Unfortunately I thought I was being clever. Over chat someone had said it was being done by a button in some secret room. I even heard someone else say and I quote "I set it off..." (I not being me) The second time is was actually done by someone else getting to the spawn(before the fact I new I was triggering it). The 3rd time however was when both the admin and myself figured it was actually me triggering it. I believe I would have figured it out sooner had it not been for other people claiming to have set it off.

I had apologized profusely both to the admins and players of the server but I was met with laughter, and the admin seemed more interested in exercising his position at the time. It seemed I was the amusement of the minute.

I will apologize again if this post comes as an inconvenience, and again if doing something your unaware of at the time is a bannable offense then so be it. However, if being a jerk is a quality for being an admin then you might as well perma-ban me.

Message me if you want any additional information or the list.

Also it would show good form and ease my mind if the admin who banned me messaged me with an explanation of why he banned me without so much as an answer. As well as clarify the taunting involved at the time.

Thank you,

Sorrow

2. Default

well, it is a bannable offense, if what youre telling is the truth, then i think the procedure was wrong. although a 1 day ban, and nothing to be done, maybe the admin should have a talking to.

3. Default

It was a 1 hr Ban .. I told you it would be for an hour.. You nuked it AFTER we just got done talking to someone else who was up there.. I said do not go up there or..we'll ban you..then 1 min later YOUR up there..then you NUKE it !!! I did think it was funny after JUST telling another player not to even come close that that area.

4. Default

BTW why is this under admin abuse ?? you broke a rule. as an admin I did what I was told to do... under what Zero told us to do

5. Default

I'm positive I heard for 1 day. However, I'm not going to argue the ban as it seems to be clear that it doesn't matter whether I knew it or not at the time or if it was intentional or not, that I was setting the nuke off. Clear and cut I was violating a rule and apparently misheard what was truly setting it off. Can't help that now and I have no intent on being a rules lawyer. What an admin says goes.

However, I am not going apologize about my complaint on how it was handled. The least you could of offered me was a few seconds of your time. Because I was asking questions after the 2nd nuke and all I heard was someone saying they pushed some button. Either my mic is bad or I'm just not worth listening to. Heh most likely both.

I've said what I have to say, I'll just chalk it up to miscommunication and my bad luck.

Thank you for your timely response.

Sorrow

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    I'm positive I heard for 1 day. However, I'm not going to argue the ban as it seems to be clear that it doesn't matter whether I knew it or not at the time or if it was intentional or not, that I was setting the nuke off. Clear and cut I was violating a rule and apparently misheard what was truly setting it off. Can't help that now and I have no intent on being a rules lawyer. What an admin says goes.

However, I am not going apologize about my complaint on how it was handled. The least you could of offered me was a few seconds of your time. Because I was asking questions after the 2nd nuke and all I heard was someone saying they pushed some button. Either my mic is bad or I'm just not worth listening to. Heh most likely both.

I've said what I have to say, I'll just chalk it up to miscommunication and my bad luck.

Thank you for your timely response.

Sorrow
    I wish all of our complainers were this dignified.
    -MBP

7. Default

Well if you did say something..I'm sorry I couldn't hear you..you have to see we have like 15 kids in that server that don't STFU !!!! and Blue.(The other admin) told me it was you..That was all I could hear..(and he had to YELL it)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Well if you did say something..I'm sorry I couldn't hear you..you have to see we have like 15 kids in that server that don't STFU !!!! and Blue.(The other admin) told me it was you..That was all I could hear..(and he had to YELL it)
    He should have used admin chat if what he said was inaudible.
    -MBP

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    He should have used admin chat if what he said was inaudible.
    I wouldn't say "inaudible" I did hear him. Blue was saying it as Sorrow was going down the stairs..

10. Default

lol mbp..hes playing you..and whoever else that believes him. Ive seen this a million times...and if you fall for it..your a sap.