Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WCS rules [Warding]

1. Default WCS rules [Warding]

Carina < Ibis.a > slayed someone for warding the hostage area on cs_office and echo501st<ibis.a> explained to me that, it is blocking the objective. The objective is for the Counter Terrorists to save the hostages and bring them back to the spawn. There is no objective to block when you are a counter terrorist. Counter terrorists should be able to ward any map freely with the exception of nipperhouse and crackhouse. But in my opinion wards should be legal everywhere with the exception of blocking the objective. Wards only last a fraction of the round time when its 3+ minutes per round. and can be avoided.

I have no personal hatred towards these two, just would like admin clarification.

---------------------------------------
    5. Wards can be used anywhere provided they’re not blocking the objective. however, if a shadow hunter is summoned to the objective, the shadow hunter does reserve the right to drop his wards. This rule applies to Strider as well.
    The Scenarios
    Hostage Rescue
    As a terrorist, your role in a hostage rescue level is to prevent counter-terrorists (CTs) from leading the hostages from where they are being held to the hostage rescue zone. Terrorists win hostage rescue rounds by eliminating the counter-terrorist force while preventing them from rescuing hostages. CTs win a round by finding the hostages and leading more than half of them to freedom.

I think that it is unrealistic to slay someone who is warding the hostage area with counter terrorist. It is a ability to kill the enemy. Warding the hostage area as terrorist is a different issue and is blocking the objective.

AM I IN THE WRONG HERE?

2. Default

No matter what may you never ward an objective. If its blocking or not.

3) Taking advantage of a mod

A) When used to break the normal functionality of the game

a) Such as wards or poison smoke being used on bombs and hostages
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495
    Top 5 at Wcs Server

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity
    yeah, zm is down. wtf? that's wcs's job

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nicknames View Post
    Carina < Ibis.a > slayed someone for warding the hostage area on cs_office and echo501st<ibis.a> explained to me that, it is blocking the objective. The objective is for the Counter Terrorists to save the hostages and bring them back to the spawn. There is no objective to block when you are a counter terrorist. Counter terrorists should be able to ward any map freely with the exception of nipperhouse and crackhouse. But in my opinion wards should be legal everywhere with the exception of blocking the objective. Wards only last a fraction of the round time when its 3+ minutes per round. and can be avoided.

I have no personal hatred towards these two, just would like admin clarification.

5. Wards can be used anywhere provided they’re not blocking the objective. however, if a shadow hunter is summoned to the objective, the shadow hunter does reserve the right to drop his wards. This rule applies to Strider as well.
    The Scenarios
    Hostage Rescue
    As a terrorist, your role in a hostage rescue level is to prevent counter-terrorists (CTs) from leading the hostages from where they are being held to the hostage rescue zone. Terrorists win hostage rescue rounds by eliminating the counter-terrorist force while preventing them from rescuing hostages. CTs win a round by finding the hostages and leading more than half of them to freedom.

I think that it is unrealistic to slay someone who is warding the hostage area with counter terrorist. It is a ability to kill the enemy. Warding the hostage area as terrorist is a different issue and is blocking the objective.

AM I IN THE WRONG HERE?
    It dosent matter wich team you on.. you can not ward the objektiv.. and that is just how it is..
    Had he been summoned it would have been diffrent, but he wassent summoned..

And i had warned him many times.. both in office and the map before that.. And so did Echo..
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    It dosent matter wich team you on.. you can not ward the objektiv.. and that is just how it is..
    Had he been summoned it would have been diffrent, but he wassent summoned..

And i had warned him many times.. both in office and the map before that.. And so did Echo..
    The objectives for the team are different if your a terrorist and ward the hostages it is blocking the hostages and therefore blocking the objective of the counter-terrorist. If you are terrorist your objective is to kill the counter-terrorists before they rescue the hostages. there is no area where you must be or block unlike the counter-terrorists need to go to specific areas to pick up and drop off the hostages.

Edit: I'm not attacking you in anyway.. I'm just trying to have less admins whining about wards and slaying people that shouldn't be slayed.

5. Default

The objectives for the team are different if your a terrorist and ward the hostages it is blocking the hostages and therefore blocking the objective of the counter-terrorist. If you are terrorist your objective is to kill the counter-terrorists before they rescue the hostages. there is no area where you must be or block unlike the counter-terrorists need to go to specific areas to pick up and drop off the hostages.

Edit: I'm not attacking you in anyway.. I'm just trying to have less admins whining about wards and slaying people that shouldn't be slayed.
    that is how the rules are.. You can not ward the objektiv no matter what team your on.. If you have a problem witht the rules, take it up with Zero and the others that have made the rules..

and i know you not attacking me im just trying to get you to see the point
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

6. Default

that is how the rules are.. You can not ward the objektiv no matter what team your on.. If you have a problem witht the rules, take it up with Zero and the others that have made the rules..

and i know you not attacking me im just trying to get you to see the point
    You don't understand there are different objectives for counter-terrorists and terrorists. they both do not have the same objective.

7. Default

You don't understand there are different objectives for counter-terrorists and terrorists. they both do not have the same objective.
    Yes i do know that.. But the rules says NO ONE can ward hostige/ bomb spot..

8. Default

Yes i do know that.. But the rules says NO ONE can ward hostige/ bomb spot..

It says you can not block the objective... nothing about bomb sites or hostages.

9. Default

It says you can not block the objective... nothing about bomb sites or hostages.
    objektiv is bomb and hostige..

10. Default

nick, that's enough. stop while you're in a position to recover from it.

follow the rules, and don't fight them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?