Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fuck windows update

1. Default fuck windows update

ok folks, i got a problem and i'm hoping youall can help me out.

I don't like windows update. It forces updates on you. I don't like that, because they always seem to screw up my computer. Well this most recent time, they REALLY fucked things over.

I ended up having to run the forced windows update, where i couldn't shut off my comp. (ironically enough, after i was done typing up something for engineering lab and was getting ready to leave. i had to wait for the fucking update to finish and was actually late to class) The next time i try to log on, i put in my user account's password, and it takes me to some default account's desktop. I get a little notification that said essentially "windows couldn't load your other account so we logged you onto this default one".

Tech support at my school couldn't find anything online or figure anything to do to fix it when i brought it down to them. Eventually they suggested i make a new account, copy all my files from the old account over to the new one (like the my documents and my pictures folders...etc) because the files were still there, it was just the account that was corrupted.

So now, i have, like 2 gb free on my hd because i have two copies of my account on here, and i'm wondering if any of you have a solution? If not, i'll just cut my losses and delete the old account and run with the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Disable it you dumbass.

You're telling me you're taking engineering and you don't know how to disable Windows Update?

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

*breathe*

HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God this country is in trouble.

3. Default

drexel's network requires us to have several things:

active and updating antivirus software,
    windows update enabled
    no torrent traffic

otherwise i don't have internet...at all
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

4. Default

Just turn off the automatic updater. It should still tell you when one is available.

No torrents, that terrible, I hardly ever use it to actually pirate things. just stuff I dont have access.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

well lets put it this way, torrents are fine as lng as the system doesn't pick it up. if it does, it locks your ethernet port out and you're fucked.

as for the windows thing, they require (the system checks about twice a month or so) that automatic updates be turned on. or else you can't access internet until you turn it on.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post

as for the windows thing, they require (the system checks about twice a month or so) that automatic updates be turned on. or else you can't access internet until you turn it on.
    That is absolute bullshit. Put up a complaint because the automatic update with restart the computer with out your consent and you lose any volatile information.

Deleting old corrupt accounts is actually harder then one would think. LOTS of data claims that it cant be deleted so you end up with alot of useless and wasted HD space. It took me a week to delete all those files that it claimed could not be delated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

You are the dumbest engineer I have ever heard of.... please don't work in the building structure area... PLZ GOD!!!!!

P.S disable the update and/or get a new computer...

Clone

"If BBW's were candy I would have one every day hahahaahha"
    "Have you every heard of the dating website plentyoffish.com?? well I check out the website PlentyofWhales.com HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"
    "I have a super power called retarded... but i use it sparingly"

Clone

8. Default

I always have mine set to notify me and allow me to choose when to dl and install update. I usually do it right away but I like having the choice. Also without software on your computer reporting the data to them on your system data they can only access info that you send normally via the web. This information could be spoofed as it is just unsecured data used by websites for tracking and data trending purposes.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    That is absolute bullshit. Put up a complaint because the automatic update with restart the computer with out your consent and you lose any volatile information.

Deleting old corrupt accounts is actually harder then one would think. LOTS of data claims that it cant be deleted so you end up with alot of useless and wasted HD space. It took me a week to delete all those files that it claimed could not be delated.
    actually, it took about 5 min. copying over everything to the new account too an hour and a half, but deleting the old one was as simple as deletng the entry for it in userAccounts and then manually emptying out the folders on the c: drive. now, adam2 is a perfect clone of adam and adam no longer officially exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    You are the dumbest engineer I have ever heard of.... please don't work in the building structure area... PLZ GOD!!!!!

P.S disable the update and/or get a new computer...

Clone
    i'm not mechanical engi. i'm not even an engineer. the cs department at drexel is in the college of engineering, not computer & informations systems department like you'd expect. oh, and that's computer science, not computer engineer, or software engineer.

everything seems to be working alright for now. i fixed an unrelated problem w/ counterstrike freezing on the motd screen too. i just replaced the motd_temp and textwindow_temp files in my cstrike folder with blank files and flagged them as read-only so css couldn't write to them, and thus i don't get motd's anymore.

really, all that's left with the account problem is if i end up using a program that references a file i had stored in the original account, i have to change it to the new one.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    actually, it took about 5 min. copying over everything to the new account too an hour and a half, but deleting the old one was as simple as deletng the entry for it in userAccounts and then manually emptying out the folders on the c: drive. now, adam2 is a perfect clone of adam and adam no longer officially exists.

i'm not mechanical engi. i'm not even an engineer. the cs department at drexel is in the college of engineering, not computer & informations systems department like you'd expect. oh, and that's computer science, not computer engineer, or software engineer.

everything seems to be working alright for now. i fixed an unrelated problem w/ counterstrike freezing on the motd screen too. i just replaced the motd_temp and textwindow_temp files in my cstrike folder with blank files and flagged them as read-only so css couldn't write to them, and thus i don't get motd's anymore.

really, all that's left with the account problem is if i end up using a program that references a file i had stored in the original account, i have to change it to the new one.

So what the fuck are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    i never thought you would put walter under the category of "male."