Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunday, Sept. 07, 2008 @ 4:50 p.m.

1. Default Sunday, Sept. 07, 2008 @ 4:50 p.m.

Tr!ck3d

STEAM_0:0:11615059

Unsure of who banned me

It was at 4:50 p.m. playing on spacestation. Joined the game, in for about 30 seconds - 1 minute. Running for the airlock. No zombie had been chosen yet. I closed to doors really fast behind me and just kept running. Admin freezes me in a spot where no one can pass. Everyone gets tagged by a zombie then I am kicked and banned. I was given no warning that I am aware of sense my sound on my headset does not work and neither does my microphone. So that is why I am typing. I am getting a new headset I am just waiting for it to arrive so I can respond and listen to everyone. I tried using earphones from my zune but they do not work good. But what really upset me was I was given no warning in text and that is what I look for, I think the decision made by the admin was taken to a extreme. Maybe a slay or kick would have been more appropriate.

on the side note: I started paying for admin on Friday (Sept, 05) evening. When can I expect to have my admin activated ? I enjoy playing there. If I broke a rule this is only my second time. The first time I broke a rule was on the Jurrasic park map where I "blew up the bridge" I could not argue with anyone so I just took the blame. I don't play on a server to get banned, I play to have fun.

Sorry for any troubles,

Tr!ck3d
    Last edited by Tr!ck3d; 09-07-2008 at 04:34 PM.

2. Default

Closing the door early is considered sabotage. Especially on Space Station, you never close the door on humans unless the zombie is right on their ass. As for anything that results in screwing the team over or tking (lost_world/ jurassic), it's never taken lightly. Though the question is how long were you banned? If anything it should only be a temp ban.
    Last edited by lukeydukey; 09-07-2008 at 04:11 PM.

3. Default

Still it should have been a warning. Slay/ Verbal Warning

4. Default

Who banned him btw? Slay doesn't work in zm. So it's either freeze, kick, ban, or burn.

5. Default

O, well to state even more. I was frozen in the path where people go to to escape, it was by the boxes. Then I was set a fire, then kicked and banned. That was the serious of admin events that were taken upon me.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tr!ck3d View Post
    O, well to state even more. I was frozen in the path where people go to to escape, it was by the boxes. Then I was set a fire, then kicked and banned. That was the serious of admin events that were taken upon me.
    Tweren't me. Like Lukey said, theres no reason to close those doors. I've seen you in the server before breaking cades and other activities, this isn't the mere second event of you getting in trouble... You've been kicked for shit, too. The repetitive warnings in the past should have been a clue. If it isn't a temp ban, hopefully Zero will unban you, but I think you deserve a temp ban at the very least.

7. Default

You were the third person to close the doors early on Spacestation_ZE. The other two had warnings and were frozen or banned for 5 minutes respectively. You were on for both, there was tons of voice and text chatter after each as well as the admin announcement for people to stop with warning that an hour ban would be given to anyone caught.

So, there's no reason you didn't notice.

We had admins watching all of the buttons. You got caught.

You were frozen for closing the doors that even you admit doing. You then proceeded to stay frozen in the path of players behind you instead of ztele'ing out of the way.

It's pretty obvious you have no consideration for your fellow players, and if I remember correctly that was only one of two rounds the zombies won on that map.

Remember, this is a multiplayer game. If you're going to take responsibility for a map element like the doors on Spacestation or the plunger on Lost World, you need to respect the lives of other players behind you.

If you can't handle this responsibility, do not touch either.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    Tweren't me. Like Lukey said, theres no reason to close those doors. I've seen you in the server before breaking cades and other activities, this isn't the mere second event of you getting in trouble... You've been kicked for shit, too. The repetitive warnings in the past should have been a clue. If it isn't a temp ban, hopefully Zero will unban you, but I think you deserve a temp ban at the very least.
    I am sorry to say stamp but you are wrong. I have NEVER been kicked from the server. I have not broken a cade that was already built. I have been yelled at for a couple things, here let me tell you them: 1) Don't start creating a barricade until a zombie has been chosen. 2) Do not blow up the bridge (Jurassic Park) unless a zombie is on it. So where you come up with admins repetitively warning me and kicking me, sorry to say but that is one big ass lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    You were the third person to close the doors early on Spacestation_ZE. The other two had warnings and were frozen or banned for 5 minutes respectively. You were on for both, there was tons of voice and text chatter after each as well as the admin announcement for people to stop with warning that an hour ban would be given to anyone caught.

So, there's no reason you didn't notice.

We had admins watching all of the buttons. You got caught.

You were frozen for closing the doors that even you admit doing. You then proceeded to stay frozen in the path of players behind you instead of ztele'ing out of the way.

It's pretty obvious you have no consideration for your fellow players, and if I remember correctly that was only one of two rounds the zombies won on that map.

Remember, this is a multiplayer game. If you're going to take responsibility for a map element like the doors on Spacestation or the plunger on Lost World, you need to respect the lives of other players behind you.

If you can't handle this responsibility, do not touch either.

On this account, I was not even in game when you say the two (2) other players were banned "respectively". I was still on the welcome menu because I was getting something to eat from my kitchen. Also, as I mentioned above I am still in the process of getting a headset so I can hear and respond to other players including admins. One thing I did not know or even think of is when I was frozen that I would be able to use the command (!ztele) seeming to me that it wouldn't do any good and let alone did anyone bother to tell me to use that command. So do not bring that into play. But what I found to be of the most disrespect on your part is you stating that: "It's pretty obvious you have no consideration for your fellow players". You do not know who or what I have respect for. But I will tell you this I have respect for the fellow players, I do want to have fun but when no one wants to give anyone a second chance its going to be hard to co-op with others (this is ment for the players new to the server who are not friends with some of the regulars).
    Last edited by Tr!ck3d; 09-07-2008 at 06:14 PM.

9. Default

ignorance does not make you guiltless

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deaf View Post
    ignorance does not make you guiltless
    Thank you for giving your opinion. But in some cases such as this one, Ignorance makes you non-guilty.

p.s. Topic can be closed, the ban has been removed. Life can go on as we speak.
    Last edited by Tr!ck3d; 09-07-2008 at 07:25 PM.