Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Maps, the good the bad and the ugly

1. Default [Guide] Maps, the good the bad and the ugly

Let's make this community active again.. yes i know the guide is still a work in progress.. that why I would like to ask you guys to help me complete it .. all credits will be given accordingly... all you have to do to participate.. is simple help me with pictures of maps.. and just give a brief review of the map.. doesn't have to be profound.. you can leech off of fpsbanna if u want

This guide is created to further improve IBIS ZM.. with this guide.. perhaps we will weed out the bad maps.. one at a time.. and maybe one day zero will have the time to complete delete the bad maps.. and add new maps... This guide will help the community decide which maps to play everyday.. because seriously even I can't remember all the maps by name

If you can help me improve the formatting of this guide that would be super

zm_ATIX_helicopter
    One of the best escape maps of all time regardless of many times its played.. The chance of victory for humans and zombies are equal.. Although this map is absolutely hectic when 41 players are on the chopper with noblock at 0.. It is still indeed quite funny to see those noobs get glitched off the helicopter.

zm_420_breeze
    A fairly balanced map.. Rather fun to play in .. But the biggest problems on this map is that it is bound to have cade breakers.. Selfish people tend to cade up the main cade rooms within 15 seconds when the round starts.. and the main rooms are far too easy to cade up... One nade would cade up the room to the point where even the deformed would have a hard time to get in.

zm_aftermatch_fixed
    Good and pretty interesting map.. Problem is there are only good hold out spots.... cades are pretty much crap and beyond flawed.. Theres almost no cades in this map that would be considered zombie proof.

zm_fortress_b4
    Not a bad map.. but the lack of vending machines for cading is never a good thing... Good cade/holdout spot.. are far and little in between.. a mediocre map at best..

zm_ghs_officepanic
    One of my all time favorite maps... plenty of cading spots.. as well as holdout spots on top of them electrical posts.. this also has a vent camping spot.. which isn't very successful most of the time.. BTW this map also has a glitch in which you fall under the map.. its quite awesome

zm_ghs_office_outbreak
    This map is el terrible.. My god.. I can't picture anything that is more crap then this.. NO CADING SPOTS.. flawed hold out spots.. This map is possibly good on a server with unlimited ammo and no reload along with no zombie class.. But for IBIS this map is an utter embarassment to the zombie world.

zm_labor_gigantic
    Heh funny map.. it has pipes as well as vent.. twice as much camping.. funny thing is it has exactly one.. thats right one good cading spot.. yay for labor gigantic.. piss off.. This map sucks..

zm_lab_panic_b_4
    Not bad except zombies can glitch right through the cade.. and with noblock at 0.. the holdout spot.. is bound to fail

zm_lila_panic
    ah the classic... back when me and ninja first played source this was our first zombie map.. it has awesome cading spots... along with skillful people who knows the cradle cade method.. as well as red crate holdout.. This map is the king of all cading maps..

zm_lila_panic_redemption_beta
    This map is just a crappy version of lila_panic original.. the absents of the red crate.. the inclusion of the vents.. made this map the craphole of all lila_panic maps..

zm_lila_panic_v2
    heh better then redemption beta.. but not as good as the original.. why? well Let's see.. Pipes.. and money room with the money crate.. enuff said..

zm_ruined_town
    absolutely pitiful.. the cades are there for show... it will not help you in a zombie invasion.. hold out spots are plentiful.. but the lack of an actual cading spot is this maps downfall... theres also the lousy spot with the brown boxes.. which could possibly make a human invulnerable to zombie as well as the bathroom which is glitchable.

zm_ruined_town_v3
    the first one was shit.. how could the 3rd one be better.. its not.. far too big.. unless you can fucken noclip to the good spots.. i doubt you'll get anywhere.. also the wall glitches on this map is also pretty freakin stupid..

zm_scrapyard_b3
    Not a bad map.. but on IBIS its pitiful... with the jumpers and the predators.. almost nade cade is safe.. the only exception is the dog house.. which is rather hard to setup... and the glitchy tubes isn't very amusing when 75% of the server zerg it at the start of every round..

zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1
    A classic... One of the best maps of all time... good spots.. excellent cading spots.. although not many.. its big enough for the entire server.. big downfall.. is the stupid giant shelf room.. which is impenetrable by humans.. and the vents that is rather difficult for zombies to enter if masses of zombies are in.. other then that good map..

zm_tension_tf2_vx
    stupid map.. IBIS zombie class royally fucked up this map.. and made it almost impossible for humans to win.. GG.. only place to go is TUBES!!!

zm_towers_hdr_final
    Good map except people with shitty computer gets royally lagged by this map... I also noticed we haven't played this map in IBIS for a fuck ass long time.. This map is very good due to considerably numerous places to cade... and if properly cade will make it hard to zombies to attempt to tag you.. you can also cade the secret.. which if achieved will glitch the secret door

zm_tx_highschoolbeta7
    A classic map.. personally my all time favorite... stage room is almost impossible for zombies if packed with pros... the red room outside.. would also be difficult for zombies if there are 5+ people in there with machine guns rapidly spamming at the window..

zm_wintercomplex_b1
    Another crazy ass good map ... cading the vent will make it impossible for zombies other then that well balanced and very fun to cade when the servers physics are fucked up ^^

zm_resort_final
    Fairly balanced... the purple dot teleporter.. is sadly the only secret on this maps.. plenty of cading spots.. very few have a potential to be good enough to stop zombies.. The one room with a big ass table is not 100% full proof.. so don't assume it is.. and just rush there..

zm_vc2_citybrawl_b1
    Use to be good .. but with IBIS server zombie classes.. this map is utter trash.. too few good cading spots on this map..

zm_vc2_lila_off!ce
    not bad but not very impressive... there is one secret on this map in which i have no clue how to get into.. The lack of cades for giant wide open rooms are rather stupid on the creators part.. but overall the basement is where this map shines.. plenty of spots for humans in the basement

zm_vc2_officeattack_b5a
    good for nothing cade spots.. unwinnable by humans... horrible map.. why is it still on IBIS.. i move for a deletion..

zm_vc2_officerampageb8
    A disgrace to the office name.. my god this map is shit.. its very existance reeks of fail.. NO CADING SPOTS AT ALL.. HOW BULLSHIT IS THAT.

zm_spacestationflee_v2_fix
    Its spacestation.. its where you run from zombies and get royally fucked at the end.. I have yet to see humans ever successfully win on this map.. when a pro zombie spawns...

zm_Fidlers-Green_b2
    Absolutely excellent... great spots to cade in.. not necessarily pretty for a cade.. but hey whatever works.. this map has more then enough places for humans to camp in.. One big flaw however is the elevator is glitchable and if done properly.. will prevent any zombies from getting on to the third floor..

zm_escape_bridge_v1d
    Uttter horrible almost impossible for humans to win most of the time... seriously its less then a 25 second run to the escape spot.. thats bullshit..

zm_island_defense_v2
    Hey look its one of those mediocre maps where the creator was stupid enough to make the entire map glitchable.. you can access the back of the moutains from literally anywhere.. this map fails.. due to the fact.. that there are only 4 good cading spots on this map.. all of which are bound to be cade broke by noobs..

zm_bda_neighborhood_v1
    shitty map.. no chance for humans.. the balcony on all the houses.. is posssibly the most shittiest idea known to man..

zm_App7e_BworldFinal
    Good map.. noob zombies = zombies will never win.. with pro zombies atleast you have a chance.. lots of cadng spots.. one major problem, is you can glitch the white building to make anyone on top of it virtually impervious to zombies

zm_4way_tunnel_v2
    Unwinnable for humans... unless low grav is on.. seriously TRASH MAP... the top level doesn't help.. when 20 zombies train on your ass..

zm_4ngry_quaruntine
    This is one of those 1 spot cade maps no really I'm not joking.. there is literally only one spot to cade.. actually theres one more under the metal stairs.. but meh .. good map cept only 2 feasible cading spot.. hmm

zm_boatescape5_remix
    Heh boatescape.. choppers fail 80% of the time.. humans pro pods normally win.. if zombies take pods and chopper humans can kiss there ass goodbye.. at that point is unwinnable..

zm_ocx_orly_v4
    not enough cading spots to support a 41 man server.. it normally gets crowded inside the white truck.. disco room is the worse spot on this map btw..

zm_roy_the_ship
    Brilliant.. roy map in itself is brilliant.. seriously this map is just that good.. many spots too cade.. there are even holdout spots ... DAM!!.. camping the car is fun.. camping lava pit is fun.. this map is just that great...

zm_roy_old_industrial
    Zombies almost never win on this map.. if the secret spot is taken.. as well as the spot right under the secret.. good map.. but way too human sided...

zm_office_unlimited_fixed
    This map fails beyond words... OMFG... its just fucken office with movable vending machines

zm_vc2_horrortown_fixed_final
    an okish map with 2 super spots.. basement vending door block.. and top level pro vending machine block.. other then that what other possible spot can you cade in

zm_vc2_ka_cssmc_zombie_beta6
    shitty map.. one holdout spot.. no cades.. WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?

zm_vc2_office_redone_b1
    AWful map.. yeesh after seeing all these offices anything with the word office would be awful

zm_radikal_stronghold_b1
    good map well spread out.. a handful of pro players will cover certain towers exceptionally well.. pro zombies would have no trouble tagging humans... decent map..well made.. also quite funny to watch desperate people hide inside the trees

zm_vc2_lila_town
    the mother of all cade under the stairs map.. seriously those are the only places you'll be safe on this map.. no cade in all the heavens can save you on this map..

zm_vc2_orangeskyhigh
    THe mother of all hold out maps.. UTTER CRAP.. a good strafing zombie will pwn humans like no tomorrow on this map..

zm_vc2_scrapyard
    An alright map.. except for the fact people just zerg the glitch tubes at the beginning of every fucken round.. same scrapyard from before almost

zm_vc2_winterfun
    an okish map except for that one spot where humans always win in.. its one of those human sided map but good none the less..

zm_roy_abandoned_canals_new
    CRAPPY as shit gigantic map with like maybe 2 good spots.. that are cramped as shit..

zm_echo_crisis_b1

zm_city_graveyard
    zm_panic
    zm_cliffside_horror_v2c
    ze_icecave_escape_fixed
    ze_trainescape_b3
    ze_rooftop_runaway2_v4
    ze_jurassicpark_v2
    zm_umbrella_corp
    zm_subway
    ze_canal_escape
    zm_idm_freefall_v2
    zm_moonlight_v2

zm_roy_barricade_factory
    zm_ancientfinal
    zm_idm_hauntedhouse_v1
    ze_tv_station_v2
    ze_licciana_escape_v1
    ze_sorrento_escape_v5
    ze_italian_escape_final
    zm_island_escape_beta_10
    zm_bumfight_v2
    ze_thelostworld_v1
    zm_novum_v3
    zm_black_lion_macd_v8
    zm_policeprison_fix
    zm_roy_highway
    zm_420_beachstrike_b2
    zm_csk_4corners_b2
    zm_desert_fortress_v2
    zm_forgotten_town
    zm_ghs_angry_arena_v3
    zm_split_second_b1c
    ze_hospital_escape_b1a
    ze_texturescape_v1
    zm_complication_v6
    zm_salon_moon
    zm_crazycity
    zm_grid_v1b43
    zm_4way_spacetunnel_idm_v1f
    ze_paradise_v1
    ze_thelostworld_redux
    zm_aspi_dispo_v5
    zm_bridge_run_v1
    zm_city19_intel
    zm_crazys_facility_b2
    zm_deep_thought_remix
    zm_complication_v6
    zm_distant
    ZM_Dream_Up_TR
    zm_hangum_high
    zm_hospitalv4
    zm_huntingground_v4-2
    zm_lv426
    zm_horror_hotel
    zm_offski_V3
    zm_natalyas_ship_v3
    zm_concrete_final
    zm_holdout_mountain_fixed
    ze_rooftop_runaway_extended_v6
    ze_omega_b3
    ze_blackmesa_escape_final
    zm_westwood_final
    zm_isolation_x
    zm_factory17_v1
    zm_freakhouse_v3
    zm_churchofmint_fix
    zm_siberia_v2
    ze_retribution
    zm_onadega_v2a
    zm_echo_mainstreet
    zm_ghs_flats
    zm_poon_institute_b1
    zm_bphx_reactor_v5_1
    zm_3dubka_v3
    zm_base_day
    zm_roy_zombieranch_night_b4
    zm_dago_subway_v1
    zm_doomlike_station_v2
    zm_blackmansion_v2
    zm_mall_beta_b1
    ze_raccoon_facility_v5c
    ze_underground_escape_v5
    ze_elevator_escape_v6
    zm_retard
    ze_escape_the_eye_v1
    zm_tropical_panic_v1
    zm_temple_v2
    zm_wtfhax_v6
    ze_titanic_escape_v2_2
    zm_ghs_abdandon_mall
    zm_resident_helicopter_v3
    ze_winter
    zm_little_city_v5
    zm_house_outbreak4
    ze_LOTR_Mines_of_Moria_v4_3
    ze_LOTR_Mount_Doom_v2_3F
    zm_bunker_f57_v2
    zm_camphard_v2
    zm_city_strike_b2
    zm_ghs_mansion_twilight_final
    zm_hauntedmanor_v1
    zm_hellz_silent_hill
    zm_tanna
    zm_wildinvasion_remake

Credits :
    IBIS SERVER
    FPS BANANA
    WEEMAN
    Last edited by weeman2412; 09-03-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

2. Default

As a community, the mass majority want you.

Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    As a community, the mass majority want you.

noooooooooooooooo U

and by mass majority you just mean yourself.. bitch
    Ibis Steam Contest #2

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by weeman2412 View Post
    noooooooooooooooo U

and by mass majority you just mean yourself.. bitch
    No, sorry.

I mean all the regulars, and possibly clan members.

TIME TO START A POOL !

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

5. Default

Try again
    Ibis Steam Contest #2

6. Default

Try again
    Don't need to, luckly i got a demo of your jedi hacks. THANK you for using them again.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    Don't need to, luckly i got a demo of your jedi hacks. THANK you for using them again.
    too bad I met with zero in the ZM server 7 hours ago.. and he personally told me to stop using it.. and i have stopped since then .... so QQ more
    Ibis Steam Contest #2

8. Default

too bad I met with zero in the ZM server 7 hours ago.. and he personally told me to stop using it.. and i have stopped since then .... so QQ more
    O-Really, were starting a pool then.

I say 2 weeks, before you get caught by another person and banned, till then play fair.

9. Default

Pretty sure you were asked to stop more than 7 hours ago.

But I digress. This isn't the type of thread to start vendettas against other users.

10. Default

Very cool idea, this could also be useful for me to change zombie settings on some maps to help balance them. This would also be useful for quickly testing new maps and finding problems/fixes.