Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZM stats anomaly

1. Default ZM stats anomaly

Zero the stats need to be modified now that the all the zombie class stats have been completely redone

right now for some reason if I get most of my kills as a zombie even if I'm ahead by about 3 times how many times I got turned my rank goes down

15 kills as a zombie to 3 turnings and geting myself killed once by a human puts me down 7 points

and 11 to 4 puts me down 20 even though I wasnt properly killed (as in killed by a human with a gun) once? it all just seems abit off.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/player.php?id=14478

2. Default

The amount of points is not exact and differ greatly based off of your current rank and the rank of those who killed you and who you have killed. People that have higher ranks get less reward for killing a lower ranked player than they do for killing you. Also depending on the weapon used can alter the points given for example killing a zombie with a usb is better than with an ak.

3. Default

That really doesnt seem fair for anyone of a higher rank, owning people is owning people
    and with that kind of a score I should have gone up not down.

It's just more fun to play as a zombie with the odds way against you than a human
    who's basically at a shooting gallery on any map now and I think the scoring system should reflect that.

this version of zm is rigged up in such a way that getting turned really has no befit for the player
    who got himself turned on purpose so they really cant abuse it like they used to with the fast zombie.

Additionally I wasnt trying to get turned durring those two play sessions. I was just trying to play the game
    normally and it just so happened that it was a hell of a lot more fun to play as the greatly disadvantaged zombie
    than a human.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 02-19-2010 at 02:14 AM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    That really doesnt seem fair for anyone of a higher rank, owning people is owning people
    and with that kind of a score I should have gone up not down.

It's just more fun to play as a zombie with the odds way against you than a human
    who's basically at a shooting gallery on any map now and I think the scoring system should reflect that.

this version of zm is rigged up in such a way that getting turned really has no befit for the player
    who got himself turned on purpose so they really cant abuse it like they used to with the fast zombie.

Additionally I wasnt trying to get turned durring those two play sessions. I was just trying to play the game
    normally and it just so happened that it was a hell of a lot more fun to play as the greatly disadvantaged zombie
    than a human.
    Don't be a stats whore.
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by holy-sonic View Post
    don't be a stats whore.
    +100000000000000000000000000

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

6. Default

fuck you that ain't fair, all of a sudden he switches the entire way the zmod functions and then its rigged up so only people with guns can own in the stats

that's fucking bullshit.

7. Default

i have to agree w/ kav here.

i'm no stats whore, but even i do like to get an accurate read on how well i'm doing.

the stats need to be put back to the original way
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Focusing on "the point system" is being a stat whore. You want things the old way and I don't get why people are so focused on stats rather than to stroke their epeen cause they fail miserably in other life situations. So a video game strokes their ego. Anyways, who the fuck cares about stats and ranks? This is essentially what your bitching about right? Statistics that are crumbling your rank. Get over it. I really don't understand the appeal of ZMOD and ranks. Here's a good idea. Get rid of the stats all together. It's getting tiring and NO ONE needs to appeal to just you Kavinsky. NO ONE.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

9. Default

Some people place higher value in points and stats than you, Loka. Does that make them wrong? I don't think so. Let people do what they want with their stats and such, they are allowed to feel the way they want.

I enjoyed watching my rank go up by 15 from not playing for a couple weeks. I went onto the server, killed 11 people and died 3 times and lost 25 points on my rank. It's not that I'm stats whore so much as I don't see how that works. I was having an on night, too. I simply got unlucky when someone turned into a zombie inside my cade a few times.

However, I know it will take time for this new ranking system to sink in, and for ranks to settle. As it stands now it's been about 2 weeks since the switch and that's not enough time for things to work themselves out.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    Some people place higher value in points and stats than you, Loka. Does that make them wrong? I don't think so. Let people do what they want with their stats and such, they are allowed to feel the way they want.

I enjoyed watching my rank go up by 15 from not playing for a couple weeks. I went onto the server, killed 11 people and died 3 times and lost 25 points on my rank. It's not that I'm stats whore so much as I don't see how that works. I was having an on night, too. I simply got unlucky when someone turned into a zombie inside my cade a few times.

However, I know it will take time for this new ranking system to sink in, and for ranks to settle. As it stands now it's been about 2 weeks since the switch and that's not enough time for things to work themselves out.
    Still means Stat Whore.
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10