Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuckin AVG - Need new free anti-virus

1. Default Fuckin AVG - Need new free anti-virus

I used kaspersky for quite a while until the key/crack got blacklisted. I then switched to AVG, but apparently they're gonna be charging you to use it after the 15th. I know they still have a free version for their 8.0 release, but its not the full package that 7.5 was.
    Anyone have any recommendation for a free anti-virus.

2. Default

8.0 works fine for me.
    -MBP

3. Default

well my combo has always been nod32 4.0 + comodo firewall o.o ...

4. Default

I used to install cracked versions of anti-virus software and decided to actually PAY for one. I'm glad I made that decision. I love my Windows Live OneCare.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    I used to install cracked versions of anti-virus software and decided to actually PAY for one. I'm glad I made that decision. I love my Windows Live OneCare.
    Well I'm in school right now, probably gonna have to start renting a place when i graduate next month, and have a wrecked car to get back on the road. So i try to save where I can

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well I'm in school right now, probably gonna have to start renting a place when i graduate next month, and have a wrecked car to get back on the road. So i try to save where I can
    It was only 25 dollars for the year.

7. Default

I am fine with free avg. I had multiple virus scans installed up to about a year ago, but i never did anything stupid that would require them all. I would suggest free avg and zone alarm. Avast is also a decent scan if you want to try it out.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    It was only 25 dollars for the year.
    NYS C.O. is correct on this one. Windows Live OneCare is so freaking awesome. the monthly reports it even gives you are pretty cool. plus it does so much more than norton or mcafee.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    NYS C.O. is correct on this one. Windows Live OneCare is so freaking awesome. the monthly reports it even gives you are pretty cool. plus it does so much more than norton or mcafee.
    Yes indeed. No slow downs.....im clear of viruses and spyware. My pc runs smooth all the time.

10. Default

hodgie I gave my kaspersky disk to several co workers and told them just not to register (which doesn't give you live support, but who uses that anyways), making it free for them... it will still update. if I get a nasty virus I use a free prog called combofix.