Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Zmod congress?

1. Default A Zmod congress?

I know Jigsaw and zero are very busy and they cant do alot of things. But I think forming a group of Long term regs and admins that play zmod often should come together talk about what needs to be done and have the power to make these changes when Jigsaw or Zero can not. And when zero and jigsaw are around we can suggest things and they get the last say to approve or disapprove these actions. It just an idea.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

2. Default

i think this is a awesome idea nice job pink XD

3. Default

I think this is a bad idea.

4. Default

won't happen
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

Not gonna happen.

6. Default

Never happen.... and a bad idea.

7. Default

Hobo called it "The Legion of Competent Friendships" or something. It was mostly an inside joke among the tight group of friends that used to be on ZM all the time.

It's basically the same thing as what you were saying. Bunch of friends trying to monitor and take care of the ZM server to the best of their abilities. And constantly trying to think of ways to improve it.

Even though many of us have left, others are coming back, and some don't plan on going anywhere. (Which includes me.)

If you want to help ZM, keep getting admin and being active, and talk with friends on steam about things that might help gameplay if you truly find it necessary. (Only thing that really needs fixed is the maps/map list.)

Keep in mind though, it needs to be practical. Basically, if you don't know how to do it, then try to figure it out and see if its even possible first.

But really, gameplay isn't the problem if you ask me. We just need more decent, active admins and more competent players.

"You can't fix stupid."

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I know Jigsaw and zero are very busy and they cant do alot of things. But I think forming a group of Long term regs and admins that play zmod often should come together talk about what needs to be done and have the power to make these changes when Jigsaw or Zero can not. And when zero and jigsaw are around we can suggest things and they get the last say to approve or disapprove these actions. It just an idea.
    It seems to me like this forum is that "middle man". Anything above a forum actively commenting on what should be improved just seems like giving the middle man an assistant... which doesn't seem practical.

9. Default

I don't think it's a bad idea but... who would you say are worthy to be part of this "congress"

is it by rank, admins, activeness, freindlyness, reformist, time dedicated to ibis, ect...

what problems? Lag, crashes, poor map choices, players, ect...

How will it be solved? ....

We all know the answer is...
    No but zer0 should do more open polls about changing zm instead of adding just maps and un-needed plug-ins into the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

10. Default

It would fail sooo bad.

A zmod congress are you serious really? Its Zero's server. Like he would add people to his exclusive club to allow a certain amount of members to his awesome tree fort of awesome of server administration. Bulllll ssshhhitittt pink this was a horrible idea.

All we can do is post on a forum and hope he gets around it to. I hope he doeesn't delgate people to moderate his servers because then we would all be doomed to infinite plus 1.

Really? In the words of curdy really pinK?