Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Microphone trouble

1. Default Microphone trouble

I just got my comp fixed for some mallware about a week ago and for some reason my mic is now really low ingame even thought I've got it set to max in the steam options and ingame

along with the settings for the mic itself set to 100 with no boost (the boost seems to add static and not really do anything)

so any help or ideas on how to fix this would be welcome, I'm using a logitech desktop microphone 600 that was working just fine for me before I sent it in for malware removal
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 08-05-2010 at 11:22 AM.

2. Default

check your drivers in device manager. and try updateing your driver for your mic (or just sound, if you don't have seperate ones)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    I just got my comp fixed for some mallware about a week ago and for some reason my mic is now really low ingame even thought I've got it set to max in the steam options and ingame

along with the settings for the mic itself set to 100 with no boost (the boost seems to add static and not really do anything)

so any help or ideas on how to deal with this would be apreciated.
    ive had this problem also, but mine seems to happen when i unplug the headset to use my speakers. it takes multiple tries of unplugging the mic and plugging it back in, and fucking with the settings. i have no clear idea how to fix it other than it eventually works :P

4. Default

I was thinking about updating the drivers for my soundcard (I dont think the mic has its own, its a plug in and play) but I was hoping to do that as a last resort.

5. Default

I was thinking about updating the drivers for my soundcard (I dont think the mic has its own, its a plug in and play) but I was hoping to do that as a last resort.
    why? shouldn't hurt anything.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

6. Default

I've just been very sort of aprehensive about doing any tinkering, Im hoping that if I find the right setting it should fix it, rather than screwing with a driver

7. Default

it's weird. with my mic, half the people tell me I'm really quiet, evne though I got everythign maxed like you do, and have updated all my drivers, and then the other half of the crowd can hear me perfectly fine.... and CSS is the ONLY game where that happens.... tiz weird.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

I've just been very sort of aprehensive about doing any tinkering, Im hoping that if I find the right setting it should fix it, rather than screwing with a driver
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    it's weird. with my mic, half the people tell me I'm really quiet, evne though I got everythign maxed like you do, and have updated all my drivers, and then the other half of the crowd can hear me perfectly fine.... and CSS is the ONLY game where that happens.... tiz weird.
    get a sound recorder software (windows naturally has sound recorder built-in)
    record your voice over mic and see how it comes out.

maynard, that's fucking weird. sounds almost like something wrong in your autoconfig...but no clue what

9. Default

I had the same problem for over a year. I eventually got fed up, spent a day tinkering with the settings and it turns out some inputs or outputs have to be muted? Then again, every system is different but if you still have the problem msg me on steam and I'll try to help you out when i get off work around 9:30

10. Default

yeah, i think you're in my steamfriends kav. if i'm on msg me and i could teamviewer w/ you to see if i can figure it out. no promises of course