Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reserve Slots Discrimination!

Default Reserve Slots Discrimination!

I'm actually serious that I am kicked for reserved slots way more than average, and I think that it is based on ping alone. This is bullshit. I have an excellent gaming computer, I don't lag, and I can't help that I live in Nowheresville, Canada.

It wasn't my performance, either--I was level 25 in gungame and on the map switch I was kicked for reserve slot. This also happened on the previous map switch. And earlier in the middle of a map. 3 times tonight. I don't know why it enjoys picking on me specifically, but if there is any possible way to remedy this, my rage meter would appreciate it. And I don't mean donating to ibis. The servers being at fault =/= me giving away my $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    I'm actually serious that I am kicked for reserved slots way more than average, and I think that it is based on ping alone. This is bullshit. I have an excellent gaming computer, I don't lag, and I can't help that I live in Nowheresville, Canada.

It wasn't my performance, either--I was level 25 in gungame and on the map switch I was kicked for reserve slot. This also happened on the previous map switch. And earlier in the middle of a map. 3 times tonight. I don't know why it enjoys picking on me specifically, but if there is any possible way to remedy this, my rage meter would appreciate it. And I don't mean donating to ibis. The servers being at fault =/= me giving away my $$$.
    i understand the principal behind it, but 1.99/month shouldnt matter. unless your a small african child

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    i understand the principal behind it, but 1.99/month shouldnt matter. unless your a small african child
    Honestly, I don't even have a credit card so it's kind of a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Honestly, I don't even have a credit card so it's kind of a moot point.
    no need for one. if you have a bank account with more than 1.99 in it a month then ur good. i dont have a credit card either and i still have a reserved slot. just give paypal ur acct info and u can pay.

5. Default We just have to deal I guess

I get kicked out every map switch at least once......It also takes me 10 minutes of repetitive trying to get in to the server on a fairly frequent basis. It is not just you specifically Ren. I have learned to deal with it; eventually I get in and as I said I usually have to reconnect once per map switch- it sucks, but it is what it is......

Quote Originally Posted by [UA] Mos Def View Post
    I get kicked out every map switch at least once......It also takes me 10 minutes of repetitive trying to get in to the server on a fairly frequent basis. It is not just you specifically Ren. I have learned to deal with it; eventually I get in and as I said I usually have to reconnect once per map switch- it sucks, but it is what it is......
    lol yea i was playin the other day and it kept saying u were joining over and over again. i was like "mos def's tryin to crash the server!!!" lol :P

What would make it all less of a pain was if there wasn't that one "ghost slot" that prevents you from just setting it on auto join and waiting. At least that way I could go and play another game while I wait or do something else, but instead you have to sit there and click join repeatedly because Steam thinks there's an available slot when there's actually not...

8. Default

Just saying this reserve slot thing shouldnt even appy to such a small server since almost all of the time theres an admin on and it wasnt even put on there really for people who wanted a reserve slot.

it was put on there to make sure an admin could get in and deal with some fucking dick in the server and the way its set up now its like theres one too many slots and it just sits at 20/21 the whole time when its full and no one can get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Just saying this reserve slot thing shouldnt even appy to such a small server since almost all of the time theres an admin on and it wasnt even put on there really for people who wanted a reserve slot.

it was put on there to make sure an admin could get in and deal with some fucking dick in the server and the way its set up now its like theres one too many slots and it just sits at 20/21 the whole time when its full and no one can get in.
    i can always get in with 20/21, maybe cuz i have reserved slot *cough cough*

10. Default

I always get in too. Complain much, donate 2 bucks a month and be happy like the rest of us.