Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New WCS Race Work List

1. Arrow New WCS Race Work List

This is a list of all races needed for the new WCS server. Please refer to http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2236 for the powers that the races need. This thread is to track the progress of races being made, tested, and balanced. Currently the focus is just to get the races programed with the same powers.

• Normal = Not available
    • Red = Under Development (See notes)
    • Yellow = Incomplete (See notes)
    • Orange = Untested (All abilities not yet tested)
    • Blue = Unbalanced
    • Green = Finished

WCS Race List

• Undead Scourge
    • Human Alliance
    • Orcish Horde
    • Night Elves
    • Blood Mage
    • Archmage Proudmoore
    • Shadow Hunter
    • Warden
    • Crypt Lord
    • Succubus Hunter
    • Flame Predator
    • Chameleon
    • Hells Demon
    • Hell Hunter
    • Evangelion 01
    • Raiden
    • Magician
    • Shadow Of The Void
    • Eye Ra
    • Nebula
    • Molecule
    • Die Xonvert
    • Beast
    • Rapscallion
    • Genocide
    • Athena
    • Spider Man
    • Strider Hiryu
    • Dragon Fly
    • Panorama
    • =Jack=
    • Vagabond
    • Vagalion
    • Santa

For those interested in programing races for this mod see: http://war3source.com/index.php?topic=3.0

If you want to work on a race please post in this thread and or let me know what your working on so I can update this thread. I will change the status of the race to under development and will add a comment with your name and or a link to a development thread for that race if you have one.

My hope by making this thread is to allow those who are skilled in programing to help out making some of the races needed so we can get the server done sooner. It is also there to help keep track of what needs to be programed for the new server at least to enter a public testing phase.
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-04-2010 at 07:41 PM.

2. Default

wait, we're changing from wcs?

and only 3 skills and 1 ult. per class? wtf is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

wouldn't it be quicker 2 just take existing races and implement them into our WCS? like we did before?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

i'm guessing that there is no sourceMod wcs.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

5. Default

This is the sourcemod WCS also I would assume that if you added a fifth ability it should work...

Also there appears to be a second wcs mod for sourcemod now called wow mod or something. One way or another we are going to get this shit to work in SM even if we need to make our own mod from scratch. The problems with the ES version can never be fixed, the only solution is to rebuilt it into a different language that actually works.
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-03-2010 at 04:17 PM.

6. Default

i was looking on that link about succubus hunter.

i got the impression that war3source was different than wcs.

and also that there was a 3 ability 1 ult limit. although maybe that was a limit they imposed on their end.

7. Default

I have asked about this on their forums but I will say that we will only switch to a system that can work like ours does not even if we half to make it. In a worst case scenario I will create a subform just for managing the creation of an IBIS wcs mod made from virtually scratch if that is what it takes but we are going to get this shit fixed one way or another. I already know that other wcs server actually use privately developed versions of wcs (for ES) and that is why there servers are not effected by the glitches ours are.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have asked about this on their forums but I will say that we will only switch to a system that can work like ours does not even if we half to make it. In a worst case scenario I will create a subform just for managing the creation of an IBIS wcs mod made from virtually scratch if that is what it takes but we are going to get this shit fixed one way or another.
    amen!

if i knew what to do, i'd gladly help you.

above basic java and basic c++ aren't much help to anyone.

9. Default

Source pawn is basic java and c combined... also I am going to try to talk the developer into support for more powers otherwise it is back to the drawing board

10. Default

looks like the skills are limited. I will now begin planning the logistics needed for a custom wcs mod. Hopefully with community help and possibly bounties we can have the system made. What I am going to do is break up the different parts of the mod into modules that function independently and work together to allow the mod to work. I can then possibly create bounties on different parts of the project to help attract sm programmers. In order to do this I will begin working on a functional API that will allow the plugins to work together. Luckily I think the only hard part will be creating the system to record the xp