Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: fucking latency

Default fucking latency

ok i tried to connect to a couple of servers on my favorites list, not specifically ibis. every time i entered any server my latency is above 400...i have no background programs running other than the programs i usually run along with steam, such as antivirus and firewall, neither of which are updating. and my latency only seems to rise as i stay on the server. surprise is im not very laggy, in fact i myself can see no lag. any ideas as to why this would happen?

lolz Psycho your killin me

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Fucking Latency.... Parappa the Rapper mode switching on-n-n-n-n bzzzzrt.

Mister Hallwagner is fuckin' lagging.
    What can we do? First is to stop laughing.
    I kid, I kid, after all we're men, we make fun of eachother over an' over again.
    But hey, listen up, the one way to fix it is to shut the fuck up and listen to me.
    You need to take the computer and throw it in the streets, i'm just kidding.
    Unplug and re-plug, if it doesn't fix it you're fucked, call the company if you're stuck.
    This forum isn't filled with professionals, plus half of them hate you and want you to burn in some hell hole.
    I wouldn't trust this place to fix a broken house plant, so Parappa the Rapper is tryin' to save you from hearin' this community rant.
    meh...........

Maynard - The WCS Guy

I kid, I kid, after all we're men, we make fun of eachother over an' over again.
    But hey, listen up, the one way to fix it is to shut the fuck up and listen to me.
    Unplug and re-plug, if it doesn't fix it you're fucked, call the company if you're stuck.
    This forum isn't filled with professionals, plus half of them hate you and want you to burn in some hell hole.
    I wouldn't trust this place to fix a broken house plant, so Parappa the Rapper is tryin' to save you from hearin' this community rant.

bzzzzrrrrrttttttttttt-t-t-t-t-t

Boy, that was strange. I wonder what came over me? Anywho.... must've been that damn Parappa. Ah well! Hallwagner, you should probably call the company, they'd be more help then the folks here.

tl;dr - Unplug/restart/ plug back in/ fixed
    Unplug/restart/ plug back in/ not fixed / call company.

like a baby rhyme
    simple, unclever, and writtin by a white dude

bzzzzrrrrrttttttttttt-t-t-t-t-t

Boy, that was strange. I wonder what came over me? Anywho.... must've been that damn Parappa. Ah well! Hallwagner, you should probably call the company, they'd be more help then the folks here.

tl;dr - Unplug/restart/ plug back in/ fixed
    Unplug/restart/ plug back in/ not fixed / call company.
    yea unplugging etc didnt work. calling the company for an "easy" fix made me even more agitated. have to wait till sunday to get it fixed (all the while, paying for internet thats not even working correctly)

6. Default

Oh? Would you like to see who can be the most clever, mister pencil pusher? Can't expect much from an Army boy, especially a POG.
    I'm sure the most action you see from day to day is how dirty the desk gets from all the pencil shavings. Or how many snicker wrappers you gotta clean up.

Besides, I can't control what Parappa the Rapper does. My mind control really seems to have no effect on him. He just kinda pops out when things get to hectic.

By the way bud, you haven't added me on steam mister.
    You need help..

7. Default

lol, sorry mantis, but you are a perfect example of why marines are looked upon as the least intelligent branch of the military. also the most crazy.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

8. Default

Fucking windows 98.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    - Jeff Cooper

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Robert View Post
    Fucking windows 98.

i remember that system. hell, i remember 3.1

good times...backing up my hard drive on a floppy (ok ok, it was more like 3 floppies) and playing mystic towers. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

It took me 8 floppies to play my favorite music.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    - Jeff Cooper