Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Access and use Steam Chat (and other IM services) from almost anywhere!

1. Thumbs up Access and use Steam Chat (and other IM services) from almost anywhere!

I created a bunch of community groups here on IBIS earlier including one for BlackBerry smartphone users. After I finished with them I remembered about a site/app I use to regularly access and use Steam chat from almost anywhere including PC, web, BlackBerry, Android, Nokia and iCraps...I mean iPhone/iPad. Yes, I'm biased. Anyway, the site/app is IMO. It's free and allows you to access and use a bunch of IM/social networks AIM, Facebook Chat, Google Talk, Hyves, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, MySpace, Skype, Steam Chat, VKontakte and Yahoo. I already spoke to them and requested they add raptr and xfire chat. Other features:

• Multiple Protocols
    • All Your Friends Together
    • Chat Groups
    • Voice IMs
    • Chat History
    • Location Sharing
    • Chats Tab
    • Multimedia Attachments
    • Linked Accounts
    • Concurrent Sessions

It's a must have for me and I recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good chat app on multiple platforms. Check it out at imo.im and let me know what you think.

Links by platform:

https://imo.im/blackberry
    https://imo.im/android
    https://imo.im/nokia
    https://imo.im/iphone
    https://imo.im/ipad
    Last edited by emTr0; 10-24-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added platform-specific links
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

2. Default

i cannot adequately express just how incredibly legit this appears to be
    </sarcasm>
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i cannot adequately express just how incredibly legit this appears to be
    </sarcasm>
    You need a hobby dude. And no, trolling these forums is not a hobby.

</condescendingtone>
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

4. Default

If you cant figure out why aco is suspicious of your post

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    If you cant figure out why aco is suspicious of your post
    I was thorough and informative about something I thought IBIS site members would find useful, so I suggested it. Is that why? Does that even make sense? Nope.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

6. Default

Two reason, It sounds to good to be true, and you. No one knows you, it appears you dont participate on the forums often nor do you play on the servers going by those stats.

Are you able to connect the dots yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

plus, the site you linked itself just screams "trust me"

after all, it's just a bunch of icons that bring up places to put in your login info for everything.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Two reason, It sounds to good to be true, and you. No one knows you, it appears you dont participate on the forums often nor do you play on the servers going by those stats.

Are you able to connect the dots yet?
    Completely irrelevant to me making a useful contribution. It's not too good to be true, I use the app and site every single day and recommend it to everyone especially since it's free.

As for me being...me, I've already gone through that whole thing in my clan app so I won't bother going into too much detail, but I'm known by enough for it to be "legit" in the sense it's being used here, because it's obviously legit. You, acolyte and everyone else on this forum didn't start off with 1000+ forum posts and other upped stats so how about you guys chill with the "new guy" thing.

I participate when there's something I find interesting and this is me participating AND trying to generate interest for others to participate.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

9. Default

...i don't quite understand why you're getting all pissy.

it's simple.

you come out of nowhere, going on and on about this site, that sounds FAR too good to be true. especially since in the past, we have actually discussed things like this and it was found hat you couldn't have steamChat w/out being logged into steam. thus, outside chat apps weren't possible. it's a security thing i guess.

also, when you go to the site itself, you get a bunch of fields to enter login info. for everything. aim, skype, msn, gmail, steam...it seems like one huge fishing scam. nothing about it seems the least bit safe.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    plus, the site you linked itself just screams "trust me"

after all, it's just a bunch of icons that bring up places to put in your login info for everything.
    It's amazing what we can find with Google! Take a look at how powerful a search engine it is:

And there's more where that came from.

Oh, I'm so sorry. You might not know what Google is. Here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google or maybe this one will help enlighten you en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine. Completely blew my mind too.

</sarcasm>

Your ignorance is astounding.

</honesty>
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/