Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Convince me to watch anime...

1. Default Convince me to watch anime...

I have never really found one to sit down and watch, what is a good anime to start with??? Maybe DBZ if thats an anime, I have watched that, when I was younger.

Edit: Just so you know, I always lose interest in them pretty quickly, just never attracts me.

2. Default

Yes DBZ is one. 1989-1996

Help us help you, What kind of shows are you usually into? Chick flicks? Action? Drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    I have never really found one to sit down and watch, what is a good anime to start with??? Maybe DBZ if thats an anime, I have watched that, when I was younger.

Edit: Just so you know, I always lose interest in them pretty quickly, just never attracts me.
    I can convince you to not watch anime and watch The Office instead.

4. Default

Elfin leid! Awesome

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    Elfin leid! Awesome
    not for a first timer, for fucks sake rape, could you have picked a heavier series?

ok, yeah, evangelion would be an even worse choice for a first timer (even though is kicks more ass than you could possibly imagine)

hmm, like someone said dude, it depends on your preferences. if you're into action, bleach, gundam seed, gundam wing, kaze no stigma, or gunXsword are all good starting points. comedy, romance, etc... i'm not too familiar with myself, i'm more of an action-mecha anime guy myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Sounds like Sgt frog would be right up your alley if you just want something fun.

DO NOT WATCH Evangelon or Efien Lied, far too thick for anyone who doesnt like to be beat over the head with freudian shit, gore and tits

Frankly my personal favorates are Black Lagoon and Baccano!

but there not really the gateway kinda shows but sgt frog certainly is
    and its far more interesting that bleach, naruto or FMA which just wont die.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

and demo10 fuck off already.

7. Default

naruto sucks, but bleach and fma (the real one, based entirely off of the manga) kick ass. and that's what i said about eva and elfen leid. they both kick so much ass it's hard to describe, but are way way too heavy for an anime virgin. akira's too heavy as well.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    naruto sucks, but bleach and fma (the real one, based entirely off of the manga) kick ass. and that's what i said about eva and elfen leid. they both kick so much ass it's hard to describe, but are way way too heavy for an anime virgin. akira's too heavy as well.
    Yet Akira was the gateway for anime in the US.
    Although I agree it might be to heavy.

For Movies, you cant go wrong with Ghost in the shell, you can watch the 95 version of 2.0, its the same movie just with improved CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

Samurai Champloo.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

got it!

i just rememberd a bunch, thanks to james' post in the other topic

wolf's rain, trinity blood, claymore, outlaw star, and hellsing.

out of those, hellsing and outlaw star the best bet to start. they're the most "western" out of them (i.e. most like normal american cartoons)

hellsing, a vampire alucard works for a family of knights in modern day england, hunting his own kind. once yu watch this, you'll laugh yourself to tears every time someone mentions twilight. this is a real vampire, not some sparkley fairy.

outlaw star...if i had to explain it...imagine making a cartoon of firefly, adding two arms onto serenity that hold weapons for ship-to-ship combat, and a catgirl. that's basically outlaw star. amazing amazing amazing series