View Full Version : Dead 10-22-12 04:10

Dead
10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Name in Game: El Cid
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:205773
Who banned you: REDRUM
When: 4:10 PM, 10/22/2012
Where: GG - gg_simpsons_h1
Why banned: None. He thinks I'm black? I kill him too much? his lag makes him ban me? he was drunk?

The reason I post is 'cause I dunno what the lenght of the ban is, so I wanna know, I wasn't told I was gonna get banned :(

acolyte_to_jippity
10-22-2012, 03:29 PM
there is no ban for that STEAMID on the list

Dead
10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Well, it says that I'm banned, I can't join the GG server, but I can join any other IBIS server

Spasm
10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
ZERO or clan needs to look at this because I am pulling up the same thing as priest.

Dead
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
well, I just saw the demo, I guess I was banned for 30 mins in a voteban that REDRUM brought up (tick 18200), so that's that I guess, I'll try to join again later, thanks for the help?

brett friggin favre
10-22-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=home

shows 2 votebans for a different steamid.

Dead
10-22-2012, 03:55 PM
That's why I thought it was weird, I didn't even notice the voteban and then BANG! banned, I had to look at the demo to find out what was going on. But the demo wasn't working for me at first.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-22-2012, 04:37 PM
you lied to us then. your in-game-name was not El Cid. good day, you should stay banned.

CYBER
10-22-2012, 05:18 PM
different name, different steam id, different ban reason (admin vs voteban), different everything....

ehm... am i the only one here that has no fucking idea whats going on here??

Dead
10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
different name, different steam id, different ban reason (admin vs voteban), different everything....

ehm... am i the only one here that has no fucking idea whats going on here??

Let me explain again.

Like I said before I didn't know what was the reason for the ban. I thought it was a straight up ban by REDRUM but I was wrong, he brought up a voteban and everyone pressed 1. So I got banned for no reason.

;tldr I was banned for no reason

Erdenay
10-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Let me explain again.

Like I said before I didn't know what was the reason for the ban. I thought it was a straight up ban by REDRUM but I was wrong, he brought up a voteban and everyone pressed 1. So I got banned for no reason.

Well, cry more about it then. Users have a right to vote ban you for no reason - and I've had that happen to me before. Laugh it off and come back after 30 mins or next day.

Dead
10-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Well, cry more about it then. Users have a right to vote ban you for no reason - and I've had that happen to me before. Laugh it off and come back after 30 mins or next day.

lol erdenay, none of the other players typed "voteban", only REDRUM did, as in an admin issued voteban menu. Everyone voted 1, it was so fast I didn't even notice. I don't even know why REDRUM did it. Have you even seen the demo?

brett friggin favre
10-22-2012, 06:49 PM
you're still missing the part where no ban for your name or steamid shows up. as in, it doesn't exist.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Let me explain again.

let me explain. there are two seperate votebans on the record for today. however, they are not for El Cid. either you didn't tell us the correct information in this unban request (and thus, you can go to hell) or you're not banned.

Vladninja
10-22-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q4gTY-SFvzQ

This story so far is bullshit... were you just needing attention?

Dead
10-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes, the demo is fake too (I hope you didn't watch it because the demo isn't there for that reason)... Sry for wasting your time. lock

CYBER
10-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I have never had this much of a headache understanding a thread until today...
and i've written some very crappy ones myself.

Vladninja
10-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Yes, the demo is fake too (I hope you didn't watch it because the demo isn't there for that reason)... Sry for wasting your time. lock
For fucks sake if you wanted a ban so bad just ask... Banned one week for wasting my time.
Cyber made the ban at my request... either your account and forum have been hacked or you need some time in the corner... go there and think about your actions.

Dead
10-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Man, what can I tell you, I didn't see it coming.

1- I get banned.

2- I come to forums and post a thread, as per the guidelines (included Name In-Game, Steam ID, time, place, and uploaded demo aka proof) I do it because I don't know for how long I was banned and because I don't know the reason why I was banned since I didn't see anyone type "voteban" in chat (all my interaction with redrum was about his internet connection 2 maps earlier) and the demo wasn't working.

3- I get all admins to tell me I was not banned.

4- I come to forums and say "hey ok, demo is working now, it was a 30 min ban, lets leave it at that" but still would like to know why I was banned.

5- Ban expires.

6- Other admins come in and say the same thing the other admins have told me before; my steam id does not show up in logs and that I'm making all this up.

7- I try to explain again "hey look, this is what happened, yada yada, etc, check the demo since you don't belive me and it doesn't show up in logs"

8- 1 week ban

1st time I retry

REDRUM bringing up the voteban menu by typing "!voteban el cid gay"

Getting banned

I mean, I did try to do everything like I was supposed to, so I was surprised by the outcome.

Vladninja
10-23-2012, 10:10 AM
You are unbanned.

@dded: Last night I just thought you were playing dumb... but now I realize you actually just had no clue wtf was going on.
Please understand our frustration when none of the info you gave us added up. I'm also surprised you would post before checking your own demo.
I am gonna find out why Redrum started a vote ban in the first place (because an admin should never need to use that).
If he was abusing he will get that week ban I originally issued you.

Steamer
10-23-2012, 03:50 PM
I have never had this much of a headache understanding a thread until today...
and i've written some very crappy ones myself.

I've had plenty trying to understand yours. :smirk:

The problem is, votebans don't always show on the sourcebans. Had this happen to someone the other day.....

Dead
10-24-2012, 02:29 PM
You are unbanned.

@dded: Last night I just thought you were playing dumb... but now I realize you actually just had no clue wtf was going on.
Please understand our frustration when none of the info you gave us added up. I'm also surprised you would post before checking your own demo.
I am gonna find out why Redrum started a vote ban in the first place (because an admin should never need to use that).
If he was abusing he will get that week ban I originally issued you.

It's ok, it turned out a lot better than I expected. I won't lie, I was gettin paranoid. I thought I pissed someone off and that it would get worst for me for some unknown reason.

I understood from the beginning that my steam wasn't logged but I thought that was normal (or that you guys knew that it happens once in a while), and in those cases admins check the demos, that's what I was trying to tell you guys in the latter posts but no one was checking the demo so it made me even more paranoid. I was like "Dang, what did I do to piss you all off?".

And yes, I know I'm supposed to check the demo first, which I did, but for some reason it wasn't working for me (I did explain it in my very first post), and I didn't know the demo was gonna work at all, so I decided to post in here which I think was the next step to take anyway. I didn't mean to rattle the cages or waste anyone's time.