PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: Admin/Reserved Slot Purchases

Chef C Green
11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
****SAMPLE FAQ QUESTIONS FOR PURCHASES****

Frequently Asked Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have just purchased or are looking to purchase an Admin slot or Reserved slot, please refer to the following questions for your benefit.

What are the differences between Reserved Slot and Admin Slot?
- Reserved slots are for players looking to have access to servers EVEN DURING PEAK HOURS. All IBIS servers have a set number of slots reserved for Admins and Reserved players. If you purchase Admin, you get access to the server's reserved slots, as well as additional privileges (ex: The ability to punish hackers and rule breakers in the servers). There are additional commands found HERE (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6673-SM_-Admin-Command-List) which admins are able to use. However, any violation of the Admin Terms of Service (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6-Tos) or any of the server rules found in our Rules Section (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/6-Rules), will result in administrative actions decided by IBIS Clan and/or the Server Owners.

How long do purchases take to activate?
- Both Reserved slots and Admin slots will usually take affect after the map has changed. However, this process can take longer - anywhere from 2-4 hours - depending on the transaction methods you used and any third parties (PayPal). If after that time your slot has not been activated, please contact ZERO with a private message through the forums (Go to Profile > Below your Avatar is "Send Private Message"), briefly describing your issue.

How can I confirm the purchase has activated?
- If you have purchased a Reserved slot, you will not be able to join the servers if it is (20/21; 43/45; etc) nearly full without being rejected with a "You do not have a reserved slot." message. If you have purchased an Admin slot, you can check activation two ways. First, you will have access to a new section in the forums titled "ADMINS". If this does not appear, it can mean the purchase has not gone through yet. Another method is using an admin command in one of the IBIS servers (ex: sm_who (in console), !admin, /rcon_alltalk 1, etc.).

Can my Reserved slot and/or Admin slot be taken from me?
- IT SURE AS HELL CAN! Admins are expected to adhere to the TOS and Rules mentioned earlier at ALL TIMES. Reserved players are expected to always adhere to the Rules (like every other player in the server...). So be good, or the big bad IBIS Clan will find you (they have their methods), detain you (they have their tactics), rape you (yes you read that right), and probably some other details too gruesome to post on a public thread. Just Remain Calm; you're already screwed, literally and figuratively :icon_mrgreen:.

I no longer wish to continue my subscription, how do I cancel/stop recurring payments?
- All payments are handled through a third party (PayPal). You must cancel payments through the third party. If you cannot cancel the payments, try removing your credit card from PayPal's memory before the next payment goes through. Once it registers that the payment method is not longer there, the payments will stop. If problems still persist, please contact ZERO with a private message.

My STEAM:ID was typed incorrectly, how do I change the STEAM:ID?
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to change it. You should contact ZERO, briefly describe the issue, and include both the incorrect and the correct STEAM:IDs.

Why am I unable to enter the servers even after payment has gone through?
- While both Reserved and Admin slots give you access to reserved slots held on the servers, it does not mean you will always have access. For instance, if the server is already nearly full, and admins/reserved players take the reserved slots before you, the server would be at full capacity, and therefore unable for you to occupy. If, however, the server is not full upon refreshing, it could be a malfunction with the payment option. First try to join another IBIS server, and troubleshoot to see if your privileges still work. If not, contact ZERO.

PLEASE provide feedback; including additional questions/answers and corrections to already posted questions/answers. Thanks :icon_mrgreen:

Squirrel
11-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Nicely done, though, I think you should highlight the links in red or blue, so that they are visible.

Assassin
11-02-2012, 07:57 PM
You were high when you made this weren't you Chef.... :)

Chef C Green
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM
You were high when you made this weren't you Chef.... :)

....Maybe >.>, it's part of my process :smokin:

Agree about the links, will make the corrections.

ZERO
11-22-2012, 01:17 AM
You can change your steam id. Also you can use either your steam id or ns2 id. If no steam id is entered your ns2 id will be converted into your steam id for storage in sourcebans. The value for steam id will ALWAYS override your ns2 id in the admin system if the two are for different accounts. Your steam id is converted from sourcebans to an ns2 id on the fly for the ns2 admin/reserved slot.

maynard
11-22-2012, 01:18 AM
....Maybe >.>, it's part of my process :smokin:

cause that worked out well for you last time, eh?