PDA

View Full Version : [REMOVE] Multiple maps. Clean up!!!!!!

XX0wnsXY
01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Zero, I have taken the time to open every GG map in a private server (my memory is terrible). I compiled a list of maps that are never played, disliked, and maps of multiple versions as to create room for new maps. There is way too much clutter on the nomination and map list. I can guarantee you that all of these maps will not be missed. Please, consider removing all of these maps:

maps to remove

aim_ag_texture_agc
aim_bc_texture7
dm_hangumhigh_fix
gg_wmd_temporal (terrible map)
aim_ag_texture_futuretown_v2
ggt_01_publicplaytest_v2 (never played)
gg_dev_vectron
dot_nighthawk_aztec
aim_xg_cg_texture
geek_mspacman
gg_rustndust_high
gg_bkh_majestic_v3
gg_xinox
gg_liek_z0mg_texture
gg_isolated_fightyard
gg_temple_arena
gg_space_dream
gg_marblecomplex_v2
gg_wmd_outpost_v2
gg_texture_spirals_small
gg_simpsons_train
gg_egypt
sath_speedcastle
gg_alphabet_x
gg_dust2_x
gg_killersconnection
gg_mad_grua_v2 (we already have mad_grua which is the superior version)
gg_oni_cargo_x2
gg_cl_indoor_rawk_Concrete
gg_orange_indoor_rawk_x2 (duplicate version of the original whichis superior)
gg_ultimate_x (has a bomb and is too big for GG)
gg_blue_arena_aus (bigger version of blue arena and not needed or played)
gg_ds_lego_blokheads1 (way too small..allows most people to shoot right from spawn point)
gg_cs_lego_blokheads2 (same as first but with hallway around spawn, still doesn't change anything).
gg_ds_mini_arena (same as gg_ds_arena but smaller. Most playes prefer the larger version)
gg_octasky
gg_tdr_outpost (too small..about as small as blokheads)
de_alivemetal
gg_foolscontra_v1
gg_tater_advanced
gg_zone32n.bsp
rumble_pit
gg_blazed_v2_evilhomer
gg_optima
gg_player_clip
gg_red_cybergoth_v1 (unfinshed)
gg_textured_lookout_DBZ_v2
ggbunkerzone
aim_skylands
gg_dust_complex
gg_flyingdutchman
gg_summercraft_beta
gg_texture_adventure_town
gg_tokyo_subway
gg_boxxy2 (doesn't work)
gg_churches_remake (we dont play this version...im always asked to switch to original)

StarsMine
01-05-2013, 02:51 PM
hold up ashy2glassy is to good of a map to take down
I find texture city summer to be a better map then texture city.

Angry overpass gets played from time to time, there isnt much wrong with it. Used to be quite popularl

XX0wnsXY
01-05-2013, 02:54 PM
hold up ashy2glassy is to good of a map to take down
I find texture city summer to be a better map then texture city.

Angry overpass gets played from time to time, there isnt much wrong with it. Used to be quite popularl

Ashy2glassy i have never seen played..actually, i have.however, all people want to do is shoot the glass under their own team and TK.
Texture summer is just another version of city (which is the original and way overplayed)
Angry overpass used to be played a lot but i havent seen it played since i came back.

brett friggin favre
01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
gundust is also a good map, i'd say keep it

XX0wnsXY
01-05-2013, 03:05 PM
gundust is also a good map, i'd say keep it

fair enough. I can't speak for everyone so i fyou guys want them do speak up. I just know there is a lot of clutter that needs rid of.

CYBER
01-05-2013, 05:24 PM
how dare you diss on gg_poison_sky?
It's a fucking amazing map!
the only reason why it's not played that much is because it's in the votes and not many votes it bcos they spam other maps...

but as far as a map goes? it's as balanced as it gets.

edit: space_dream is OKAY i guess. when i added it, it was fun, but people dnt seem to know how to play the map.

XX0wnsXY
01-05-2013, 05:54 PM
how dare you diss on gg_poison_sky?
It's a fucking amazing map!
the only reason why it's not played that much is because it's in the votes and not many votes it bcos they spam other maps...

but as far as a map goes? it's as balanced as it gets.

edit: space_dream is OKAY i guess. when i added it, it was fun, but people dnt seem to know how to play the map.

there are a few maps on here that i think are decent..but dont get played. in reality we play maybe 20 maps (if that) on the map list. i just want more space for different options instead of adding clutter on top of clutter, thats all.

Assassin
01-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Well look at mrs fancy pants...gets clan and starts doing...things? Wait wtf...I thought that was an old boys (cigar smoke filled room) style job...RAPE YOU LIED TO ME!!!!! (sept may may...he actually does shit)

XX0wnsXY
01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Well look at mrs fancy pants...gets clan and starts doing...things? Wait wtf...I thought that was an old boys (cigar smoke filled room) style job...RAPE YOU LIED TO ME!!!!! (sept may may...he actually does shit)

ive always done things. nothing changes in that aspect because im clan. i still want good thijgs for the servers.

Assassin
01-06-2013, 02:19 AM
ive always done things. nothing changes in that aspect because im clan. i still want good thijgs for the servers.

lol i was just fucking with ya.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2013, 06:01 PM
the wmd aps are pretty good, though i agree temporal is crap

labrace is pretty good
poison_sky is awesome
i think we played angry overpass last night, actually. was great.
love xinox with a passion, but i know nobody else does, sadly.
tokyo_subway can be awesome, but nobody ever gives it a chance

otherwise, looks good.

Rellikdloc
01-09-2013, 12:46 AM
aim_texture_minitropic
gg_cs_lego_blokheads2
gg_shotty_texture_v3_sig
gg_deagle6_texture_sig
these maps are fine and are good maps. they are good gg maps, sometimes you guys forget that this is gg. small maps are great for gg. and you cant say that any one map promotes camping, b/c they all do and everymap ppl camp.

XX0wnsXY
01-09-2013, 01:32 AM
aim_texture_minitropic
gg_cs_lego_blokheads2
gg_shotty_texture_v3_sig
gg_deagle6_texture_sig
these maps are fine and are good maps. they are good gg maps, sometimes you guys forget that this is gg. small maps are great for gg. and you cant say that any one map promotes camping, b/c they all do and everymap ppl camp.

I dont forget anything. I just know that out of all 4 versions of shotty on the gg server, this is the worst and the one people camp on most. Blokheads is also terrible

brett friggin favre
01-09-2013, 02:09 AM
blokheads definitely has to go. it's a spawnshooting frustrationfest.

XX0wnsXY
01-09-2013, 02:31 AM
blokheads definitely has to go. it's a spawnshooting frustrationfest.

+ azillion

ZERO
01-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Be sure to go back and edit the first post or make a new post with what everyone is agreeing on removing. This will make things a lot faster for when I go to review over them all :wtg:

XX0wnsXY
01-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Be sure to go back and edit the first post or make a new post with what everyone is agreeing on removing. This will make things a lot faster for when I go to review over them all :wtg:

Done. I believe i have all suggestions taken off of the list with the exceptions of xinox and blokheads.

StarsMine
01-10-2013, 12:25 AM
I personally enjoy Hang em high, though I know many others dont. I dont know if it should be removed or not.

XX0wnsXY
01-10-2013, 12:29 AM
I personally enjoy Hang em high, though I know many others dont. I dont know if it should be removed or not.

Hangemhigh is a good map...but not for reg gg. Its better for a dm server.

SCRIBBLE
01-10-2013, 12:58 AM
I truly wish we could keep wmd_missle and wmd_array but I am in agreement with the fact they are simply not played enough. Also nvidia should be on there if it has not already been removed. I really enjoy playing on nvidia but either I can not convince people to go there or people complain about the sky.

XX0wnsXY
01-10-2013, 01:11 AM
I truly wish we could keep wmd_missle and wmd_array but I am in agreement with the fact they are simply not played enough. Also nvidia should be on there if it has not already been removed. I really enjoy playing on nvidia but either I can not convince people to go there or people complain about the sky.

It must have already been removed cause i opened upnevery map and put ones we dont play on it as well. Hmm. So thats two votes for the wmd maps so ill remove them from the list...but temporal has to go!

EDIT: If anyone has anything to add please do. We need to make a final decision so this doesnt linger into the abyss. Im guessing 2 more days should be enough time. After that, we should consider it final.

CYBER
01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
It must have already been removed cause i opened upnevery map and put ones we dont play on it as well. Hmm. So thats two votes for the wmd maps so ill remove them from the list...but temporal has to go!

EDIT: If anyone has anything to add please do. We need to make a final decision so this doesnt linger into the abyss. Im guessing 2 more days should be enough time. After that, we should consider it final.

im just happy u didnt remove poison sky... its a fucking AMAZING map... ppl never gave it a chance bcos it took time for the INITIAL download back in the day... and people thought it wasnt working, making the admins switch off...
delete ur shit in /cstrike/maps... it will solve all ur problems -.-...

but as far as the map goes? ppl PLAY it, no one rtvs off unless there's only 2 players in.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-10-2013, 01:44 PM
im just happy u didnt remove poison sky... its a fucking AMAZING map... ppl never gave it a chance bcos it took time for the INITIAL download back in the day... and people thought it wasnt working, making the admins switch off...
delete ur shit in /cstrike/maps... it will solve all ur problems -.-...

but as far as the map goes? ppl PLAY it, no one rtvs off unless there's only 2 players in.

it really is kick-ass. i love the skybox on it too. i want it for a computer walpaper

Rellikdloc
01-12-2013, 12:46 AM
aim_texture_minitropic if thats the blue map, thats a good one

XX0wnsXY
01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Ok, Zero. I believe we can assume all of this is a final list of maps that can be removed. I have updated the list so it is all good to go :D.

Nemesis
01-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Rather than constantly asking for bad maps removed, wouldn't it be easier to just list the maps that don't suck? I'm sure there's only about 50 out of the pages and pages that were dumped on the server that are playable. Easier to manage that way.

XX0wnsXY
01-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Rather than constantly asking for bad maps removed, wouldn't it be easier to just list the maps that don't suck? I'm sure there's only about 50 out of the pages and pages that were dumped on the server that are playable. Easier to manage that way.

Well i would have, but then people wouldnt get to add their input as easily. I just made it a little easier for everyone.

Nemesis
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Well i would have, but then people wouldnt get to add their input as easily. I just made it a little easier for everyone.

You're not going to add some obscure map that one person likes, you're going to play what the majority of the server wants. You can look at times plays vs. times rtv'd, number of wins on the map. I'm not sure if there is somewhere where you can see the average number of players on a map to see if it kills the server or not but that would be great too.

Sin
01-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Nah fuck dat only put maps that I like on there.

ZERO
01-25-2013, 04:04 PM
all removed