PDA

View Full Version : Sorry about wrong format and wrong place question about steam kicking

beemer
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Hello,
Sorry did not know about the format thing and did not know where it was to post. I do now and although I hope not to ever be banned again, if I were to be, I would post correctly.

To answer other question,
I was not skipping levels.
My stupid steam account kicks me every so often. It then goes away after a week or so. I try logging out of steam then coming back in, but it still seems to happen.
If anyone knows why this happens, I would appreciate help.
Thanks
Beemer

Penis シ
01-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Your ban is expired. If your account kicks you, it will say something in your console AND in the server. If an admin gives you a warning or threatens a ban for this problem, alert them to why you were removed from the server in the first place. This is not an exploit; just STEAM being as great as always.

The server should say something along the lines of "lost connection to server" "bad steam token" "request timed out" or something about steam id expired.

brett friggin favre
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
let this be a lesson to admins, if you see someone leave and rejoin pretty quickly, console records the means of the disconnect. if it says "player timed out" or "invalid steam ticket" or something along those lines, it's not the player's fault. if it says "disconnect by user", then it is. be very wary with these especially now since the handicap has been reduced. usually just a warning that rejoining to gain levels is not allowed is plenty enough, as a lot of the time these people won't gain any levels, and if they do, they're so bad that they're not a threat to win anyway. not to say it should be condoned...clearly it shouldn't, but it won't be as big of a problem as it used to be.

Steamer
01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Did you found the buy zone?

beemer
01-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Not yet but I'm gonna keep looking!

Joker
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Did you found the buy zone?

fucking steamer stole my line.......lol

Nemesis
01-24-2013, 04:38 AM
If the ban list can be believed then it was Meltdown. Someone want to have a chat with it on how to not have downs syndrome?

Carmichal
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
beemer has never been a problem for him to break the rules is very out of character.

Good luck with the buyzone XD