PDA

View Full Version : Amulet of the Cat v1.0.3

ZERO
01-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Amulet of the Cat
Cost: 1500
Restricted From: none
Description: Neko powers prevent you from being heard as you run and cause you to be a smaller target as well!

vA1.0.0

Proof of Concept/Initial Test

v1.0.0

Initial Release

v1.0.1

Increased Price to $3000

v1.0.2

Removed ability to duck.

v1.0.3

Reprogramed to use the correct movement value as I predicted years ago after discovering a post from myself as to how to program this from a few years ago when I was doing some more research on google. Luckily it looks like I solved the problems with this a long time ago but the technology to actually implement it did not exist in eventscripts so I made a post with the answer so I would have it in the future but then I forgot about it until I found the post from myself again today.
Jump on buy removed

ZERO
01-24-2013, 03:27 AM
You will appear crouched when using this. You will need to press crouch to plant bombs when using this. Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

brett friggin favre
01-24-2013, 03:32 AM
for documentation, i'm attaching a demo showing the differences in recoil patterns using amulet. crouching provides standard accuracy though.

Blackmage
01-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Well, as I like to find inconsistent bugs, I've found one of them! Out of about 12 rounds of planting the bomb, twice after having planted the bomb, I came out at crouch/walk speed. Pressing the crouch button didn't do anything either time, however, jumping then landing reset my speed to normal.

Was undead at the time. Calling it quits for now, will test more in the morning.

Also, is 100 the cheapest you can make it? This only gives me 8 rounds before I have to do an objective. Those seconds saved not waiting for the bomb to explode can really add up! But seriously, is 100 the cheapest, or was there some other reason for that number?

thecat
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
A new item named after me yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Locust
01-24-2013, 11:49 AM
A class named after me yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

nice contribution. If you would read, it's not a class it's an item. If you're gonna post you should prolly be productive.

Now on topic. I don't actually know how to get into the test server. If you let me know i'll be more than glad to test it!

Blackmage
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Test server info on this page http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5449-WCS-Test-Server

Off to see if I can repeat my bug.

Couldn't get it to repeat, but found out, you can plant the bomb via landing a jump as well.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-24-2013, 12:41 PM
A new item named after me yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

christ you're retarded.

Spasm
01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Test server info on this page http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5449-WCS-Test-Server

Off to see if I can repeat my bug.

I had it happen last night coming into the a window on office, so it is for sure real.

brett friggin favre
01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
due to the obvious idiocy, i propose a name change from "Amulet of the Cat" to "Amulet of the Spasm".

Assassin
01-24-2013, 03:44 PM
due to the obvious idiocy, i propose a name change from "Amulet of the Cat" to "Amulet of the Spasm".

Lol he's not quiet either though...giggity.

brett friggin favre
01-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Lol he's not quiet either though...giggity.

not when he takes an awp to the face while he's zipping around as spidey...CAN I GET AN AMEN?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-24-2013, 04:44 PM

seconded

not when he takes an awp to the face while he's zipping around as spidey...CAN I GET AN AMEN?

there are no AWPs in wcs mate.

brett friggin favre
01-24-2013, 04:51 PM

thanks for the support, and there are in the test server. imagine the old superfast spideys...4 of them...zipping around aztec with awps...

thecat
01-24-2013, 05:10 PM
christ you're retarded.
Christ you can't take a joke, calm down. :chillpill:

Blackmage
01-24-2013, 05:59 PM

Vagabond would like to talk with you.

Locust
01-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Christ you can't take a joke, calm down. :chillpill:

i think they'll calm down when you stop posting stupid shit.

thecat
01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
i think they'll calm down when you stop posting stupid shit.
Jokes don't have to be smart, so calm down. :chillpill:

Locust
01-24-2013, 06:47 PM
jokes don't belong in threads like this

brett friggin favre
01-24-2013, 07:10 PM

they do have to be funny though. now stop derailing threads.

thecat
01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
You derail a thread by starting a flame war.
All I did was make a joke but then you and aco thought it would be a great idea to start a flame war.

Erdenay
01-24-2013, 08:54 PM

thanks for the support, and there are in the test server. imagine the old superfast spideys...4 of them...zipping around aztec with awps...

It is known.

brett friggin favre
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
You derail a thread by starting a flame war.
All I did was make a joke but then you and aco thought it would be a great idea to start a flame war.

you derail a thread by stopping the discussion of how the item works, what bugs it has, etc., by posting a narcissistic joke that is in no way shape or form funny, then we tell you not to because we're kinda supposed to stay on topic, then you say we started a flame war because you posted off-topic moronic bullshit that nobody wants to read. this is a pattern. stop it.

mastercheff
01-24-2013, 09:28 PM
How about naming it Amulet of the Feline/Felis? It's just a suggestion to keep in theme with how everyone sounds more fancy than it needs to be.

ZERO
01-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Test version cost and description updated.

CYBER
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Test version cost and description updated.

how much recoil does this add to your shooting? I saw in the brett-demos that accuracy is affected HORRIBLY.
Is it the programming of it that does that to you? Or intentional? or simply an "optical illusion that u're shooting everywhere BUT on the person."

We should probably keep a hush-hush about the accuracy-fucking with this item, i'd love to see a no-recoiler shoot perfectly straight with that shit not knowing what's going on lol...

As for aim assisters, now we have to take into account this crappy accuracy with this item...so make sure u guys compare the suspect's shot pattern to this new pattern with amulet-of-cat.

What
02-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Maybe there is a way to put an item on somebody by admin command ,without them knowing it, that is designed to skew their aim a bit. That way suspicions could be checked quickly and in real time.

ZERO
02-23-2013, 11:21 PM
In order to address the recoil issues slightly I am going to try to modify player recoil when this item is used so that a player with this item will have the recoil as if they are walking all the time.

brett friggin favre
02-24-2013, 03:54 AM
In order to address the recoil issues slightly I am going to try to modify player recoil when this item is used so that a player with this item will have the recoil as if they are walking all the time.

new fav item...does this mean when you're in the air as well? if so, undead and jack are gonna hit new levels of OP.

ZERO
02-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Yes but it still will not be as good as actually moving especially for weapons like the AK. Also when I said walking I meant running.

Lastly do not forget that it will also be same when not moving.

With that being the case the item will likely not give good results for jack or at least nothing op.

ZERO
02-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Using this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169795

I think it may be possible to get the effect we have now without actually effecting the client in reality. Should have no effect on recoil at all but the client crosshair will react as if it does.

This tech allows us to send fake data about a client to all clients. So the server keeps calculating things like spread ect how they should be while all clients see whatever fake data they are sent.

This can also be used to make mole work like before and become something very worth of returning mole protection for. This is because we can literally move a player to another team as percieved by all players without actually chaning thier team in reality. Thus even placing your crosshair on the player will tell you they are on your team!

What
02-24-2013, 06:05 AM
So you will always have running accuracy even when you are standing still and crouched? So to compensate for the silence then you pretty much have to run through enemies with like a p90 or something? Might actually be a nice balance

ZERO
02-24-2013, 06:36 AM
As stated in my last post I think it may be possible to not effect accuracy in any way and have the item work as intended and only kill footstep sound.

|2esolution
02-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Password for test server?

CYBER
02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Password for test server?

"ibiswcs"

brett friggin favre
02-24-2013, 04:46 PM

I think it may be possible to get the effect we have now without actually effecting the client in reality. Should have no effect on recoil at all but the client crosshair will react as if it does.

This tech allows us to send fake data about a client to all clients. So the server keeps calculating things like spread ect how they should be while all clients see whatever fake data they are sent.

This can also be used to make mole work like before and become something very worth of returning mole protection for. This is because we can literally move a player to another team as percieved by all players without actually chaning thier team in reality. Thus even placing your crosshair on the player will tell you they are on your team!

that sounds great. and yeah big difference between walking and running, especially for the ak

CYBER
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM

Soooo ... im guessing you cannot spot them on radar either?

That being said, for the amulet of the cat, if i were to shoot with an ak, my VIEW of the ak would be all fucked up and "recoily" but my actual registered recoil in game is more accurate?

If so, im starting to get this fear of low recoilers using that shit to their advantage -.- ... i guess i misunderstood. perhaps a show-and-tell example?

ZERO
02-24-2013, 06:53 PM
It is on the test server now. Note that it does not look the same to spectators as it does to the player. So while you may to yourself look like you have aimbot it does not look like this to anyone else. Same for planting the bomb when you spec or are not the actual player nothing looks strange. So below is how it works:

Item removes footsteps sounds and will amke player appear crouched unless they jump up. However, they are not actually crouched and you can hit them as if they were standing unless they are actually couched in which case the hitboxes will be aligned.

When planing the bomb it will look and sound to you like nothing is happening when in reality it is being planted so keep holding fire as normal.

When shooting your screen may shake, this is due to the discrepency of your clients perdection and how the server is calculating your shots. Accuracy IS NOT effected in ANY WAY though the use of this item. However due to client side perdection your crosshair and screen may act up a bit.

So far no bugs with this new version have been found. A new SM and MM version were needed to do it this way so it will not be released until we also have seen that there are no bugs created as a result of those updates.

CYBER
02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
It is on the test server now. Note that it does not look the same to spectators as it does to the player. So while you may to yourself look like you have aimbot it does not look like this to anyone else. Same for planting the bomb when you spec or are not the actual player nothing looks strange. So below is how it works:

Item removes footsteps sounds and will amke player appear crouched unless they jump up. However, they are not actually crouched and you can hit them as if they were standing unless they are actually couched in which case the hitboxes will be aligned.

When planing the bomb it will look and sound to you like nothing is happening when in reality it is being planted so keep holding fire as normal.

When shooting your screen may shake, this is due to the discrepency of your clients perdection and how the server is calculating your shots. Accuracy IS NOT effected in ANY WAY though the use of this item. However due to client side perdection your crosshair and screen may act up a bit.

So far no bugs with this new version have been found. A new SM and MM version were needed to do it this way so it will not be released until we also have seen that there are no bugs created as a result of those updates.

i see.
so 1 last thing. i'm assuming that if u were STANDING behind a crate with the amulet, for enemies, they wouldn't be able to see you since u'd look crouched in game?

and second: so let's just say that the enemy knew u were behind that crate, and shot you at "head level" (invisible torso), im assuming that shots will register on u normally? because u're standing? even though ur torso isnt "visibly" there but hitboxes are?

So bottom line is, when using the cat, the "crouched" look is not like the bird skinning where ur hitboxes are changed to crouch mode, UNLESS u are ACTUALLY crouching.

is this right? thank u

ZERO
02-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Correct, except for when you actually are crouching.

|2esolution
03-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Zero can u apply amulet? Can't wait to use this with Flamepred! Also can you friend me on steam?

Grits
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm SOOO ready for this

jwtemp
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
This thread made me think about Resolution. That was a fun few days on the forum.

Still don't know wtf an Amulet of the Cat is though. You guys seem pretty excited about it however so I hope you get it soon. :P

Locust
03-20-2013, 03:28 PM
It silences footsteps. It's especially good on the fast knifer races because you can just sneak up on people without them hearing.

jwtemp
03-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Oh snap. I'm like, level seven or something on WCS, hence my ignorance. Sounds like a really neat item. I may be more excited about it if I a) knew which race was a knifing race and b) knew how to buy items. LOL

ZERO
09-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Implemented fix for the steam pipe update on test server. Please retest and reapprove this item so it can be added along with the race updates on Monday :wtg:

ZERO
09-16-2013, 03:10 AM
v1.0.0

Initial Release

What
09-16-2013, 03:31 AM
does the model still appear crouching?

ZERO
09-16-2013, 03:56 AM
yes it can and does. Keep in mind that in these cases you can still hit them based on the real model.

What
09-16-2013, 04:10 AM
I was just messing around with it with wolf and here are my thoughts:

1: Way too cheap, should probably be around 3k since it gives a huge advantage, especially with the model problems.

2: The model problem is gonna be a huge deal. I understand you can hit their model as normal, but there are some big problems. First, the knee jerk reaction is going to be to shoot at what you see, so instead of aiming for the actual chest and head, you are aiming at the stomach and crotch, which takes less damage, and gives an advantage to the person using the amulet. The bigger problem is that there are many many areas in maps where having an invisible torso is a completely unfair advantage. You can be behind a box, or low wall or near a window, like being on the stairs inside the house on Italy, and the enemy can not see you at all, they have no way of knowing you are there, you are silent, and invisible, allowing you to shoot them without them knowing where the hell its coming from. This can prove to be a significant problem.

Masskid
09-16-2013, 03:45 PM
I was just messing around with it with wolf and here are my thoughts:

1: Way too cheap, should probably be around 3k since it gives a huge advantage, especially with the model problems.

2: The model problem is gonna be a huge deal. I understand you can hit their model as normal, but there are some big problems. First, the knee jerk reaction is going to be to shoot at what you see, so instead of aiming for the actual chest and head, you are aiming at the stomach and crotch, which takes less damage, and gives an advantage to the person using the amulet. The bigger problem is that there are many many areas in maps where having an invisible torso is a completely unfair advantage. You can be behind a box, or low wall or near a window, like being on the stairs inside the house on Italy, and the enemy can not see you at all, they have no way of knowing you are there, you are silent, and invisible, allowing you to shoot them without them knowing where the hell its coming from. This can prove to be a significant problem.

2nd this...

ZERO
09-16-2013, 04:31 PM
v1.0.1

Increased Price to $3000

brett friggin favre
09-16-2013, 04:55 PM
yeah A LOT of people are complaining about the whole crouch deal...

Masskid
09-16-2013, 06:10 PM
yeah A LOT of people are complaining about the whole crouch deal...

I wonder if it would be possible to FORCE crouch them...

acolyte_to_jippity
09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to FORCE crouch them...

the original item on the pre-OB server made you walk at crouch/walk speed. it was kinda shity.

What
09-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Perhaps instead of force crouch, which as aco said would make the item shitty, there is a way to fix the model from becoming stuck, which I guess would require the model to actually walk instead of skate. Perhaps its possible instead of trying to eliminate the walking sounds per se, but instead replace the footstep sound with a new sound file that is in itself in audible.

Quite frankly, if its between force walk/crouch and invisible torso, it has to be the force walk/crouch. Yes it makes the item shitty, but it prevents the item from being used for reasons that are quite different from its intended purposes.

ZERO
09-16-2013, 07:18 PM
wow I am so fucking stupid. I could just tell it that the client is walking instead of ducking... :banghead:

The issue is that I need to find out what the m_fFlags for walking is so I will need to do some extensive testing. I do at least know that it is not 4 or 131335. So that eliminates two numbers between 0 and positive infinity!

The issue we had before and I think what the problem is that you can either have them look like they are ducking when they are standing and ducking or look like they are standing even when ducking.

I will try to see if I can do it another way by the end of the week. :wtg:

What
09-16-2013, 07:51 PM
can the item be temporarily suspended until testing is finished? It would safe a lot of grief.

ZERO
09-19-2013, 12:24 PM
v1.0.2

Removed ability to duck.

CYBER
09-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Zero. Does the item affect hitboxes and knifing speed/registry??? I've seen Honey and others knife my ass like 4 feet in front of me and register a back hit on me if im tryibg to knife them too.... And i'd like to think im a fucking good knifer, just ask about me in gg... Either honey had some triggerbot crap allowing it to detect the optimal knifing time in front of me, or smthn is off with where the cat model is, and where his knife REALLY is (a lot more near me)

Wolfenstinger
09-19-2013, 01:08 PM
After playing with the item and seeing others buy it for a map, something i've noticed -

When players buy it during the freeze time at the start of a round, they glitch the model anyways because you can't execute the jump command when frozen. It only fixes once the player actually jumps.

ZERO
09-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Will try to see if I can detect the end of the freeze time and make an exploit patch.

Also no it does not effect reg, it does effect the way that the client predicts the behavior of the client but not where the client is.

What
09-20-2013, 08:03 PM
When you press or hold crouch, you now move faster than running if you have the amulet, I'm guessing this has to do with the fix to make the model appear standing.

Masskid
09-21-2013, 03:31 PM
I always thought cat was the opposite... it made the model crouch and the view crouch but with normal movement speed and horrible aim o.o

What
09-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Zero applied a fix so that the model would appear standing when it actually is, however I think this fix that boosts the model to a standing position inadvertently negates the crouch speed since the game appears to be registering you as standing/running and not crouching

Masskid
09-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Well what I was think was if eye ra summened in vents on Aztec and the guy has cat and wins he can't do objective because he is stuck, this would allow them to fit in small places. Also the stand is because the player is standing while model is locked. If the player was locked in ducking it would also fix it

Wolfenstinger
09-21-2013, 05:19 PM
eye ra summened in vents on Aztec

Assuming that there are vents on de_aztec

What
09-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Well what I was think was if eye ra summened in vents on Aztec

Bro, do you even CS?

ZERO
09-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Zero applied a fix so that the model would appear standing when it actually is, however I think this fix that boosts the model to a standing position inadvertently negates the crouch speed since the game appears to be registering you as standing/running and not crouching

No it removes crouch all together on the server and client. You can not crouch when you have this item.

ZERO
09-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Getting summoned in a place where your stuck, last I checked that was against the rules.

What
09-21-2013, 05:39 PM
No it removes crouch all together on the server and client. You can not crouch when you have this item.

Really? cause I've watched demos of myself with the model crouched when I am crouching around the map, albeit was not in an area where I needed to be crouching so i can't say for certain that my hitbox wasn't in fact still standing.

ZERO
09-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Perhaps I could find a way to detect the release of the crouch key so as to then make the user always jump after they crouch so you can still have crouch for when you need it.

ZERO
09-21-2013, 05:42 PM
There is a glitch right now where as if you buy the item on round start you will appear crouched until you jump. However the ability to physically press the crouch key is removed once you own the item. Literally it is like I came to your house and removed that button. The server will ignore that button press once you own the item.

What
09-21-2013, 05:52 PM
The jump thing might suck, cause lets say you are hiding behind a low wall or box, and want to then stand up and shoot someone, making you jump first would destroy your aim and make you a big target, but I guess its better that not being able to get into vents or small areas, might even bring some nice balance to the item, dunno. Looks like a thing that will have to be tried out to see if the benefit outweighs the cost.

Masskid
09-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Well what I was think was if eye ra summened in vents on Aztec and the guy has cat and wins he can't do objective because he is stuck, this would allow them to fit in small places. Also the stand is because the player is standing while model is locked. If the player was locked in ducking it would also fix it

Wolfenstinger
09-21-2013, 06:25 PM

there he goes again with them vents.... where the hell did they come from?!

Also I think the server would detect the player in the standing position rather than crouched, thus not allowing him to teleport to a place where he could get stuck at all, which sends them back because ZERO told the server to do so.

All theory though.

What
09-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Its already illegal to summon someone into the vents, real or imaginary, so this isn't going to be an issue. Not to mention the summon will likely fail anyways as it often does in cramped corners

Masskid
09-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Its already illegal to summon someone into the vents, real or imaginary, so this isn't going to be an issue. Not to mention the summon will likely fail anyways as it often does in cramped corners
phone seems to want to auto correct my miss spelling of assault to aztec.... ok then, well anyway in assault the ladder up(inside the vent) you can be summoned standing up and if the guy with cat wins they are stuck in the vent till death or round end >.< poor fellow

What
09-21-2013, 08:16 PM
phone seems to want to auto correct my miss spelling of assault to aztec.... ok then, well anyway in assault the ladder up(inside the vent) you can be summoned standing up and if the guy with cat wins they are stuck in the vent till death or round end >.< poor fellow

1. Eye Ra: is not allowed to summon people to a place where they would get stuck. Eye Ra is also not allowed to summon in vents due to glitching.

That is literally the first rule, it is irrelevant if this brings a new glitch to something that already causes glitches and is already illegal.

ZERO
09-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Added code to make users jump at the end of freeze time if they have this item so that it will prevent them from appearing ducked. Please check on test server and I will release to live server.

Wolfenstinger
09-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Still glitches the model apparently.

What
09-22-2013, 05:16 PM
To prevent the glitching perhaps you can restrict the amulet's purchase until after the round officially starts. Its not like a second or two without silent footsteps is going to ruin its effectiveness.

ZERO
09-22-2013, 06:41 PM
I think I just need a 1 sec timer for the on freeze time end. Will let you know when that is ready to test.

ZERO
09-23-2013, 01:24 AM
v1.0.3

Reprogramed to use the correct movement value as I predicted years ago after discovering a post from myself as to how to program this from a few years ago when I was doing some more research on google. Luckily it looks like I solved the problems with this a long time ago but the technology to actually implement it did not exist in eventscripts so I made a post with the answer so I would have it in the future but then I forgot about it until I found the post from myself again today.
Jump on buy removed

CYBER
09-23-2013, 02:15 AM
v1.0.3

Jump on buy removed

younger Zero was smarter? ...
we're doomed <3

ZERO
09-23-2013, 02:38 AM
No it was that I once spent a few months trying to figure out the best way to do cat and then recorded the results. I do not have as much time to look everything up as I did then and a lot of the information that existed on the internet back then no longer exists today and so a lot of that shit you could not find out even if you wanted to.

What
09-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Can we crouch now? Cause today I learned that with the amulet you can not plant the bomb since it won't let your character bend down to do that.

ZERO
09-23-2013, 04:29 AM
You learned wrong b/c you lack faith. :smirk:

Wolfenstinger
09-23-2013, 05:00 AM
You can plant bomb w/o crouching. You won't see the bar when you have cat - but that is because you don't know how to bend down.

ZERO made it to where we don't understand the concept of bending our legs, let alone utilizing them. We just skate around all day making no sound. AKA hold the damn left click and wait, it'll plant.

ZERO
09-23-2013, 07:28 AM
AKA hold the damn left click and wait, it'll plant.
_____

Wolfenstinger
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Tried getting better out of it but well.... I have a shitty laptop still.
Amulet of Cat seems to work perfectly however!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgoY1HOcrvQ