Flaming Gloves of Warmth
Cost: 3000
Restricted From: orc
Limit: 1
Level: 0
Description: You will be given an hegrenade every time you use one

Initial Release

Now checks and awards nade when player spawns if needed

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Originally cost 2500

Erdenay
01-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Description: You will be given an hegrenade every time you use one

Please, please... Tell me we won't have the 99 nades...

ZERO
01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
What are you talking about? This item is already live and has been for a long time...

Erdenay
01-25-2013, 10:21 PM
What are you talking about? This item is already live and has been for a long time...

Exactly. It's a bad idea. 5 secs per nade is too OP, IMo.

Dj panda
01-26-2013, 02:35 AM
Its slow erd lol, and actually its not cost effective at all . it takes you 1 minute to get 12 nades, if you use them all in a row, and its not op because orc cant use it and is pretty useless item unless your having fun on italy

maynard
01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
I lol'd

Erdenay
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Its slow erd lol, and actually its not cost effective at all . it takes you 1 minute to get 12 nades, if you use them all in a row, and its not op because orc cant use it and is pretty useless item unless your having fun on italy

Have you ever played office? And you do realize that Genocide/raiden's nades are just as good as Orc's, right?

What
01-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Have you ever played office? And you do realize that Genocide/raiden's nades are just as good as Orc's, right?
This^

I havent done so yet, but im looking forward to nade doucheing with raiden and we can see if this becomes an issue

brett friggin favre
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
on live, if you're killed by the bomb while you have gloves, the gloves do not work the next round. if you try to buy new gloves, it says you already have them, however it doesn't give you any nades.

What
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
on live, if you're killed by the bomb while you have gloves, the gloves do not work the next round. if you try to buy new gloves, it says you already have them, however it doesn't give you any nades.

Well the explosion cancels out the ankh, so its probably doing the same with the gloves, then they probably lock up since they are trying to give you a nade but the game won't let it happen on spawn throwing the whole cycle off.

ZERO
01-28-2013, 03:20 AM
The check in the code is if you own the item. This means that the system trying to find if you own the item prior to letting you buy it thinks you have it while preforming war3hasitem does not.

Can you see if the item is listed in your shopmenu as having it?

brett friggin favre
01-28-2013, 04:02 AM
The check in the code is if you own the item. This means that the system trying to find if you own the item prior to letting you buy it thinks you have it while preforming war3hasitem does not.

Can you see if the item is listed in your shopmenu as having it?

will test on the test server tomorrow

brett friggin favre
01-28-2013, 11:11 PM
shopmenu says you have it, but no nades are given.

ZERO
01-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Does this occur with other items?

What
01-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Well, the bomb explosion will stop an ankh from working, thats the only other case I know of items failing to work after you get killed by the bomb. But in this case you still keep the ankh and it works for the next time you die.

CYBER
01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I wonder if it works on anti_wards or so...
Is there a difference in "item types" between the gloves and the other items?
I mean behaviour-wise, the way they trigger?

I can think that "health" does a check at start round and u get the health, whereas gloves would have to do a dynamic check constantly during the round before u're allocated the nade? Same with anti_wards if u were to step on wards?
I wonder if claws and orb or mask MAINTAIN their effect the next round if blown up... I never considered the possibility of it not working ... i just assumed it did.

Then again i assumed the ankh revived my PISTOL that round because the bomb dropped them,,, whereas u guys are telling me that the ankh was simply never used. lol

ZERO
01-30-2013, 08:04 PM
No all items run the same War3_GetOwnsItem() which is bool. In the case of gloves it checks War3_GetOwnsItem() every time you toss a nade and when you buy it.

According to your report the engine checking War3_GetOwnsItem() returns that it owns despite when the plugin that runs said items checks War3_GetOwnsItem() it returns false.

Passarelli
02-23-2013, 01:24 PM
If you buy a nade when the gloves are not working and toss it, the gloves will function as normal. Also, if you buy gloves after you die as prep for the next round, they usually will not function properly, unless you buy a nade.

ZERO
02-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Do you mean that if gloves are not working but you have them and you buy a nade they then work correctly?

From your report I see the glitch should only occur if at the start of a round you do not have a nade but do have gloves and thus can not use gloves until you get a nade.

Is the above statement correct?

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Now checks and awards nade when player spawns if needed