PDA

View Full Version : Zik aka IceTruckKiller 7/9/13 ~09:00 EST and ~15:00EST STEAM_0:1:38096358

jeb the hick
07-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Name in Game: Zik
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:38096358 Zik kj+Osxf8cPUrYSNoT7jI9cg8xYMsxqZn
Where: GG
Link to any previous bans: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A1%3A38096358&Submit=
Reason to ban: Multiple intentional team attacking at beginning of round. He was banned 2x previously for TKing.

7571: Starts at tick mark 368650 and happens pretty much every round after that. I started getting tired and just TKed back after he shoots first.
7572: Starts at the beginning. Happens pretty much after the start of every round after. Once Jackie Marlow joins he starts feigning innocence telling Mango to stop TKing when he's been instigating the whole time.

phil.™
07-09-2013, 06:01 PM
I say slap a 1-2 day ban. He has 3 total bans, 2 team killing. He's been reported to me once today about it, but left right when I joined in.
I vote ban.

jwtemp
07-09-2013, 09:28 PM
A damn shame. This guy can be fun when he's not being an insufferable prick. Too bad the prick comes out too often.

Definitely needs a temporary ban of length. I vote a week, send the message.

CYBER
07-09-2013, 11:42 PM
just letting you guys know that since this isnt a perma ban request, any admin can slap a ban on the guy provided they post how much they slapped the ban for, and take responsibility for it. especially if they know the offender in person.

reading through the previous bans, we can see that he's clearly been warned before, especially by panda, and he intentionally tk'd again and left to avoid a ban just to be a dick. and then he still got banned twice more times.

this escalates my initial plan of banning him for 1-2 days, to a ban of 4-5 days tops.

i personally havent met the guy before, and for some he might be just being "funny" but for others he's a repeated offender.

tl;dr
i just fucking slapped a 4 day ban on him lol... bcos i can :D and so could u

phil.™
07-10-2013, 07:37 AM
just letting you guys know that since this isnt a perma ban request, any admin can slap a ban on the guy provided they post how much they slapped the ban for, and take responsibility for it. especially if they know the offender in person.

reading through the previous bans, we can see that he's clearly been warned before, especially by panda, and he intentionally tk'd again and left to avoid a ban just to be a dick. and then he still got banned twice more times.

this escalates my initial plan of banning him for 1-2 days, to a ban of 4-5 days tops.

i personally havent met the guy before, and for some he might be just being "funny" but for others he's a repeated offender.

tl;dr
i just fucking slapped a 4 day ban on him lol... bcos i can :D and so could u

I thought a total of 2 admin needs to vote the same before something can be done.

Chikun
07-10-2013, 08:10 AM
I thought a total of 2 admin needs to vote the same before something can be done.

Not if it's a temp ban to put someone on time-out. Though, you need a good reason for doing so or admin abuse threads will start flowing in.

phil.™
07-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Not if it's a temp ban to put someone on time-out. Though, you need a good reason for doing so or admin abuse threads will start flowing in.

"The first option to get 2 votes will be the action taken unless overruled by a higher level of admin. Any admin may execute the decision reached here issuing a ban or warning ect to the user."
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6847-READ-ME-(How-to-post-threads)

I took it from that.

CYBER
07-10-2013, 09:06 AM
"The first option to get 2 votes will be the action taken unless overruled by a higher level of admin. Any admin may execute the decision reached here issuing a ban or warning ect to the user."
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6847-READ-ME-(How-to-post-threads)

I took it from that.\

to be fair, that is what it says.
but imo this is mostly about perma ban threads, for us ULAs.

the rules are there, but it doesn't hurt to clean up shop swiftly sometimes as long as ur using ur admin sparingly and the right way.

if u think u should slap a small ban on an offender based on a demo, for me it's as if u were in the server at the time, and issued a ban yourself.
the ban might stick, and can still be overruled by clan members, or advised for a change by ulas.

so the way i see it, as long as u didn't fuck up the ban, u're in the clear...
god knows how many perma bans i've issued and documentented immediately, or simply with 1 approving ula only because it was parkinsons obvious. that isn't written, but this is where ppl stake their judgement on the line. if u fuck up, u wont be granted that "courtesy".

so if u think the "obvious" unquestionabe choice is to give a temp ban, try it, and see.

that being said, feel free to follow the rule to the letter, but pretend u were in the server with him when he abuses, and think about how much u'd slap on him, then factor in the fact that he's a repeated offender, and u have urself a temp ban that can be fixed if needed :)

again, it's ur call as to how u wanna proceed, dnt take a shortcut if u aint ready for it.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

btw this was my opinion only as how "I" use my admin.
if clan comes in here and says otherwise, you will listen to them, not me.:)

maynard
07-11-2013, 04:18 AM
\

to be fair, that is what it says.
but imo this is mostly about perma ban threads, for us ULAs.

Wrong... it's for this section also it also clearly states. 2 votes required for standard admin.

I agree with the 1 week ban he's on, resolved, closed.