PDA

View Full Version : Is it at all possible to add personal songs for winning gungame?

Pootie Too Good
09-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Title says it all. The same 40ish?? songs play at the end of gungames, and i think it'd be a neat idea to explore the idea of personalized winning songs for people who submit their own 30 second song sound clip on the forum or something. While i could very well see that it's probably not possible, doesn't hurt to ask :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mr green:

Carmichal
09-06-2013, 07:59 PM
It would add a lot to the download time. It'd be cool but not practical.

Steamer
09-06-2013, 08:39 PM
It is possible, but not practical at all. Download time would not matter much. A plugin of this sort would be "streamed". Server load would be of issue IMHO. If it was that "easy", would be an awesome plugin.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Title says it all. The same 40ish?? songs play at the end of gungames, and i think it'd be a neat idea to explore the idea of personalized winning songs for people who submit their own 30 second song sound clip on the forum or something. While i could very well see that it's probably not possible, doesn't hurt to ask :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mr green:

you can do this client-side, by replacing the sound clips in your cstrike folder with the songs you want (they need to be named identically though.

Pootie Too Good
09-07-2013, 03:08 AM
you can do this client-side, by replacing the sound clips in your cstrike folder with the songs you want (they need to be named identically though. shit, good enough for me, didn't even think about it.

ZERO
09-15-2013, 05:00 AM

Yes and no. It can be done and would not really have any impact on load or even dl times assuming that we serve it only to that client. Or are you saying that it is a personal win song that only plays when you win?

The problem comes from the fact that I must manually add each of these which takes a lot of time as they must be in a working cs:s compatible format and have the shit compressed out of them.

Perhaps it is something I could charge a fee for or something. If it was to play to all the players on the server I would make it a bit pricy as to reduce the number of them to prevent download times for new joins from being impacted.

XX0wnsXY
09-15-2013, 06:23 AM
Yes and no. It can be done and would not really have any impact on load or even dl times assuming that we serve it only to that client. Or are you saying that it is a personal win song that only plays when you win?

The problem comes from the fact that I must manually add each of these which takes a lot of time as they must be in a working cs:s compatible format and have the shit compressed out of them.

Perhaps it is something I could charge a fee for or something. If it was to play to all the players on the server I would make it a bit pricy as to reduce the number of them to prevent download times for new joins from being impacted.

i would totally pay to have a personal win song!

Pootie Too Good
10-01-2013, 01:22 AM
i would totally pay to have a personal win song!

seconded, obviously dependent on price.

Rellikdloc
10-15-2014, 09:14 AM
I would pay too!! just think about it.. my song could have already been burned into all of your minds 1400 times now, and you would have all been my brain washed minions muahahahaah!

Curdy
10-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Out of curiosity what would you all choose as your personal victory song?

phil.™
10-19-2014, 12:02 PM
It's raining men.

Steamer
10-22-2014, 07:14 AM
A set of random laughs and monkey noises fashioned into a song.

ZERO
10-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Maybe just for the users in the TOP 10. Updated once a year or something.

I could possibly make a program that only plays their song when they win...

Rellikdloc
10-26-2014, 06:56 PM
+1 that would be awesome

Trigger Unhappy
11-06-2014, 10:50 PM
A voice recording of me singing "Eye of the Trigger"