PDA

View Full Version : Crash and burn

ChaRnel
11-05-2013, 07:47 PM
it goed as followed.

i was happily chomping marine legs and sealing a victory deal for the aliens.
the map was switching, no big deal right?
only now i saw new mods, hoora hoora i like mods.
......aaand no i keep crashing
everythime i join the server it works for 2 seconds and i then crash in the RR.
i tried reinstalling.
alll the graphical settings to 0.
delete all content of it in existance on my computer.
and verifying the cahce with steam.
none of this helpd, but the thing is im fine on other servers.

so im geusing it might be one of the mods,and im puzzeling why i am the only one affected ( so far ).

greets~ ChaRnel

acolyte_to_jippity
11-05-2013, 08:27 PM
what mods did you install?

and can you play on any other servers?

ZERO
11-06-2013, 03:33 AM
The only things I put on was shine, badges and snowballs...

Are you able to join the combat server?

ChaRnel
11-06-2013, 04:15 AM
no mods installed, even cleard my subscription list and the files in appdata.
and yeas i can join any other server without any problem, have not tried the combat server gonna do that later on the day.

PS: fast response normally on community sites i wait for days

acolyte_to_jippity
11-06-2013, 09:10 AM
PS: fast response normally on community sites i wait for days

you normally crash when playing this game?

ChaRnel
11-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Never crashd before, ever actually in this games.
that is why it was so weird, couse if it was a commen error with the game, a reinstal after a total wipe should have fixd it.

ZERO
11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Once he tests with the combat server we will know more.

Also have you played in any other servers with the snowballs mod?

Lastly, if possible before it crashes try to enter in console "disconnect" and then see if you get any errors in there after leaving the server (hopefully without crashing)

ChaRnel
11-08-2013, 11:08 AM
OK so i think i fixd it.
after formating my hard drives and reinstalling my OS, im pretty confident it should work now ( way to addicted to this game)
only problem its full 24/7 >.<

ChaRnel
11-08-2013, 11:37 AM
nope still crashing, send a report to unknow worlds support,
they say its either playerbadges or the snowballs, and they did have more players contacting them about it.
SADPANDA :( after all that still a no go

ZERO
11-08-2013, 09:51 PM
So your not able to connect to the combat server either?

ZERO
11-08-2013, 09:59 PM
We can get to the bottom of this if you run the following experiment:

Install steam CMD: http://media.steampowered.com/client/steamcmd_win32.zip

In the folder you install that in create a .bat file with the contents:

SteamCmd.exe +login username pass +force_install_dir C:\game_servers\ns2 +app_update 4940 verify +quit
pause

WHERE username and pass ARE YOUR STEAM USERNAME AND PASSWORD

Then run the bat file to install the dedicated server:

Then go to: C:\game_servers\ns2

Create a .bat file with the following contents called snow.bat

Server.exe -name "Test" -port 27017 -mods "a02b93d" -map ns2_biodome -limit 19 -webadmin -config_path C:\game_servers\ns2\cfg -modstorage C:\game_servers\ns2\mods

Run this file after you create it and your dedicated server will start.

Open ns2 and then join the server called Test or in console type connect localhost:27017

If you crash the problem is snowballs. Also try to toss a snowball.

ZERO
11-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Also on another note do you have any AMD components in your system?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Also on another note do you have any AMD components in your system?

that SHOULDN"T matter.

my rig has an AMD GPU and an ATI CPU and ns2 is running beautifully.

ChaRnel
11-09-2013, 10:38 AM
nope can not connect to any ibis NS2 server combat or vanilla both a no go, i send another dump to unknown worlds, hopefully they can get a fix so i can play on this awesome server again

ChaRnel
11-09-2013, 11:09 AM
nope snowballs work fine...i can not for the life of me find out why i cant be on the ibis servers....

ZERO
11-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Now try the following bat files:

snow&dak.bat

Server.exe -name "Test" -port 27017 -mods "a02b93d 5f4f178" -map ns2_biodome -limit 19 -webadmin -config_path C:\game_servers\ns2\cfg -modstorage C:\game_servers\ns2\mods

snow&dak&shine

Server.exe -name "Test" -port 27017 -mods "a02b93d 5f4f178 706d242" -map ns2_biodome -limit 19 -webadmin -config_path C:\game_servers\ns2\cfg -modstorage C:\game_servers\ns2\mods

snow&dak&shine&badges

Server.exe -name "Test" -port 27017 -mods "a02b93d 5f4f178 706d242 5f42a0c" -map ns2_biodome -limit 19 -webadmin -config_path C:\game_servers\ns2\cfg -modstorage C:\game_servers\ns2\mods

Try each of those and see if you get a crash. If you do let me know which one.

ChaRnel
11-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Succses, its shine , apparently shine converts files from dak and overrules some of its statements, i do not know why it only happens to me or that other cases just havent popd up yet but shine couses me to crash and burn, dak snow and playerbadge do work, shine does does not like me :(.

great thanks for the help guys ! never seen a community get so involved with a non-member...sooo where do i sign up for ibis if possible :D

ZERO
11-10-2013, 03:14 PM
OK, and apparently people are starting to work on improving the code in DAK to add the features that shine has and are missing in DAK. This will allow us to just run 1 and not have so many issues.

ChaRnel
11-10-2013, 03:16 PM
sooo now what do i do ? :P

ZERO
11-11-2013, 02:58 PM
For now you just got to hold on :(

I have spoken to a DAK dev as recent as 20min ago about having the issues fixed with DAK so we can turn shine off. This will resolve your problems. I hope to thus have the issue fully resolved by the end of the week.

Worst case I will turn off shine by end of week in anticipation of the DAK fixes as to resolve your issue in due haste.

ChaRnel
11-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks a bunch zero :) can't wait to play on IBIS again, once confirmed i can ima get a reserved slot :D

ZERO
11-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Also so that we can still get to the bottom of the actual issue to hopefully stop it from occurring randomly in the future.

What OS are you running?

Also what anti virus?

And have you tired it with your anti virus turned off?

ZERO
11-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Ok I think I figured it out!

Did you ever manually subscribe to shine or dak in the actual workshop?

If so you need to unsubscribe and clear out your files in your %\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2 folder.

This way you ensure you do not have the mods and get them from the server. If you subscribe to the mod directly it will treat you like a server and give you extra files that are causing your problem.

ChaRnel
11-11-2013, 06:04 PM
nope that did not help :( geus il have to wait

ZERO
11-11-2013, 08:33 PM
As your still in game and have not updated this thread I will. The issue was caused by the client resolution being set to a non standard value which causes crashes in SHINE.