PDA

View Full Version : Wootday knifeonly?

Corn Dog
04-17-2014, 08:39 PM
So i think there is a thread about this somewhere but i cant find it.

Knife only on wootday, i get that the server is "Gun Game" and sum people want to shoot on wootday. But also wootday is (in my opinion) the best knife map and alot of other think that too.
But i wanted to throw out an idea. maybe in the map selection have 2 wootdays
what i mean is one that is dedicated to knife only. so in the map selection would be

1. gg_wootday3
2. gg_wootday3_KNIFE_ONLY

or sumthing of the sort to tell which one is which. this way if the Knife only wootday is selected then admin ARE allowed to force the knife only on players, but if in regular wootday map, are not. it would be easier if there was a way to restrict weapons for just that one map, but dont think that can happen (unless Zero can some how work his majic). Just an idea

Old Bastard
04-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Zero is already devising a plan for that. I will not share the details at the moment, because it isn't going to be worked on until he is back in the states. Zero and I had a conversation the other morning and I talked to him about some ideas for the servers and stuff like that. Needless to say he will be using the knife only on wootday once he makes it the way he wants, as a promotional thing to attract more people at slow times in the server. Not saying that this isn't a great idea, because to have this implemented as well would be great and have for the knife only wootday, a mod for the map that will automatically restrict weapons upon entering.

Corn Dog
04-18-2014, 09:44 PM
cool beans

Laktait
04-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Your ideas amaze me, Corn Dog.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-20-2014, 03:25 PM
wootday is an awesome map...

why would you fuck it up like this?

Nemesis
04-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Gungame is a game with guns. There are other servers which have stupid rules that you can feel free to play in.

Corn Dog
04-21-2014, 05:53 PM
wootday is an awesome map...

why would you fuck it up like this?

Yes some people may enjoy the map for shooting, and thats why i said have two different maps, one with regular gun game, and another for Knife only.

Gungame is a game with guns. There are other servers which have stupid rules that you can feel free to play in.

its only one map where over half the server votes knife only for anyways, no need to get your panties ina bunch, like i said it was jut an idea.

minjae
04-21-2014, 09:47 PM
I like that idea!! Looking forward to what Zero does for some new goodies :icon_mrgreen:

Rapedollar$
04-23-2014, 11:58 AM
i say we remove wootday from rotation.

phil.™
04-23-2014, 02:45 PM

Yikes!

ricochet
04-24-2014, 10:51 AM
I like the idea of two maps - one knife only and the other full GG.

Nemesis, Ditto. If you don't like a knife only version then find someplace else to play. The players nearly unanimously vote for knife only everytime it's voted on. Your opinion is quite obviously in the minority.

Corn Dog
04-24-2014, 02:57 PM

a piece of me died inside.

ricochet
04-27-2014, 03:43 PM
watermaze should be given the same knife only treatment.

phil.™
04-27-2014, 06:17 PM
watermaze should be given the same knife only treatment.

Yassyyy. Along with lego_spacetower. Not so much spacetower, but every map should be knife only lol

$Money$
04-27-2014, 10:22 PM

Goodcall :icon_mrgreen: :wtg: :wtg:

Corn Dog
04-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Yassyyy. Along with lego_spacetower. Not so much spacetower, but every map should be knife only lol

haha yess but mainly wootday would be nice :D

Old Bastard
04-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Goodcall :icon_mrgreen: :wtg: :wtg:

Says the guy who spends 99.99999% of the time in spectator.

Pootie Too Good
04-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Is there a way to vote for both options?

$Money$
04-29-2014, 01:40 AM
Says the guy who spends 99.99999% of the time in spectator.

your point?

kionay
04-29-2014, 08:19 AM
But also wootday is (in my opinion) the best knife map and alot (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html) of other think that too.

ಠ_ಠ

anyhoo

I don't think the idea is that bad, but maybe it'd be best on a non-gungame server

maybe we can have a miscellaneous server for knife only map, scoutzknivez, and the such

Corn Dog
04-29-2014, 03:12 PM
ಠ_ಠ

anyhoo

I don't think the idea is that bad, but maybe it'd be best on a non-gungame server

maybe we can have a miscellaneous server for knife only map, scoutzknivez, and the such
Yes but it is only for one map. Unless maybe a 24/7 Knife only Wootday sever? :D if that was a thing, fuck gun game, i would be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to vote for both options?

just vote for number 1 :D i already know im retarded, i don't need a poll to tell that :ditto:

Old Bastard
04-29-2014, 08:18 PM
your point?

Point is I love you and you should be my bitch when not in spectate. I like to own you.

$Money$
04-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Point is I love you and you should be my bitch when not in spectate. I like to own you.

I guess ill have to stay in spec then lol
own me with your hacks :wtg:

Rellikdloc
10-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Wootday is a great gg map. Both ways. I think ppl forget what gg is all about. its not supposed to be huge maps with long rounds and ppl camping. Small to Medium maps make quick rounds, which makes the gg map good. deagle, Shotty, Blue arena, SexFix, All legos, simpsons street and h1, I could go on and on. Most of our maps are this way. Wootday is just a little more complicated than these maps for some ppl and that's why they don't like it. If you look most of the ppl that don't like it are the ones with hardly any wins. And Knifing is the best part of gg, you can steal other ppls lvls, and you can skip a gun if you want this way. Wootday is prob. the best map for knifing besides deagle. You can practically get to any part of the map in mere secs, without being seen and knife the enemy and then get out of that area if more enemy's are shooting at you and still be alive with 2 hits to keep on going and doing the same thing, if you know the map. Ive won this map knife only to many times to count and it didn't take but the normal amount of any other gg map. I think this is a great idea. GJ CornDog :wtg: