PDA

View Full Version : at&t connection problem

mastercheff
05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
:headache: I've had this problem ever since i got this new router. On weekends my connection likes to dip in and out every 30 mins. At 9:00 is when it happens, then sometimes when it reaches 11:00 it completely blacks out. I've contacted at&t support but they've done jackshit. I'm also on a wired connection. At&t :plzdie:

ZERO
05-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Have you tried just using the modem without a router directly during those times to see if that helps?

mastercheff
05-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Nope but I think my connection is getting better. My parents have said that at&t doesn't suck their just making sure i don't get hooked. WELL OF COURSE I'M NOT GONNA GET HOOKED IF I GET DISCONNECTED FROM THE INTERNET EVERY 30 MINUTES.

Spasm
05-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Nope but I think my connection is getting better. My parents have said that at&t doesn't suck their just making sure i don't get hooked. WELL OF COURSE I'M NOT GONNA GET HOOKED IF I GET DISCONNECTED FROM THE INTERNET EVERY 30 MINUTES.

Back when I had dsl at my parents house, we had a problem like yours, and it turned out, it was a wiring problem in the house, I can't rem exactly but it was basically their was too many lines and it was causing problems, so they had to run a line specifically for the dsl and nothing else.

mastercheff
05-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Well at&t you really done it this time, i got cut off from the internet for like 3 or 4 hours now.

StarsMine
05-22-2010, 03:03 PM
You know, im not sure its AT&Ts fault.

It has the best customer sastisfaction for DSL. you sure your not doing something your not supposed to?

ZERO
05-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Did you install the filters on your phones and not on the dls line?

Remember all phones except for the dsl line need the filters.

mastercheff
05-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Did you install the filters on your phones and not on the dls line?

Remember all phones except for the dsl line need the filters.

Wait so if i only have a dsl line and no phone is near me i don't need the dsl filter on it? Oh well my bad. If it works then i'm sorry at&t.