PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Ever since the update CSS has started fine for me but today I reinstalled Windows like I always do every few months and I installed CSS and now when I go to launch the game the box appears in the middle of my screen saying it's launching and then nothing happens.

I heard this was happening to some other people earlier but it eventually started working for them. I've tried restarting steam and my computer as well as uninstalling and reinstalling CSS. :icon_frown:

Poker$tar$
06-26-2010, 04:41 PM
You're hot, problem solved!

but seriously CSS is pissing me off lately, I never get to play for more than 5 minutes.

I'm of no help in this thread.

Good day.

Rage
06-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Thats exactly what mine doesn Xen.

Perry
06-26-2010, 05:12 PM
wait.....you reinstall windows every few months? why?

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-26-2010, 05:26 PM
wait.....you reinstall windows every few months? why?

Well like every six months because my computer gets really slow so I like to start fresh lol

Hitman
06-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Well like every six months because my computer gets really slow so I like to start fresh lol

Disk Defragmenter......

mastercheff
06-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Well has anyone for that error about vertex overload?Not to hijack this thread from you xen but we can all simply blame valve i guess.

mcilwain
06-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Problem solved, Helped her update the Drivers.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-26-2010, 07:10 PM
:facepalm:

xen, when you reinstall windows (i'm guessing you reformat your HD) you lose the programs that allow other applications to interact correctly with your hardware.

mice, keyboards, sound cards, gfx cards, monitors...none of them will work correctly w/ out the right drivers.

Kavinsky
06-26-2010, 10:02 PM
You reinstalled windows instead of finding out whats sucking up your cpu VIA alt+ctrl+delete or defragmenting?

-blink-
06-26-2010, 10:12 PM
stupid update....so much chaos...........sorry xen no help here .....hopefully its just something minor....sleep...wake up and bammmmmm.....it works again..

loka
06-26-2010, 10:26 PM
You people don't read? It's been solved. Close this.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-27-2010, 06:25 AM
:facepalm:

xen, when you reinstall windows (i'm guessing you reformat your HD) you lose the programs that allow other applications to interact correctly with your hardware.

mice, keyboards, sound cards, gfx cards, monitors...none of them will work correctly w/ out the right drivers.

I know I installed the driver disk too, when Robert was looking to find out what my video card was I saw it had an exclamation next to it so I clicked on it and had it search the internet for a fix and it updated itself. That is all:icon_mrgreen:

Plus I know whats lagging up my computer, all the shit I put on it lol.

mag36
06-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Have you ever thought of making a backup/restore point (back to factory sort of speak) after you do this? It would save you time and your drivers and things that you wont have to full with reinstalling.