PDA

View Full Version : Remove gg_mad_grua

Kavinsky
07-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Why: Its too small for a proper fight yard map and the frame rate on it is laggy.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8338/ggmadgrua0000.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3716/ggmadgrua0001.jpg

devour
07-28-2010, 07:57 AM
disagreed. GG is meant to be fast-paced. the smaller the map, the better. next you'll attempt to have indyjones removed. the fps issue can be fixed client-side with a good fps config.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-28-2010, 08:59 AM
GRUA is an incredible map!

we love it so much!

as is indy_jones for that matter

hallwagner
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
agreed, grua kicks ass, and we dont even play it that often

Christmas
07-28-2010, 11:20 AM
That's a fun map that is never played.

Kavinsky
07-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Its too small for 20 people and its laggy as I said in the first post, it should be considered for removal as almost everyone rtv'd off of it after the annoying as hell 150 second wait period.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Its too small for 20 people and its laggy as I said in the first post, it should be considered for removal as almost everyone rtv'd off of it after the annoying as hell 150 second wait period.

oh, wait, that's right. i forgot, it's not jungle xbox or complex, therefore the server must think it's crap. ffs, try other maps once in a while. the ones that are played all the time are nowhere near the best maps we have.

XX0wnsXY
07-30-2010, 01:37 PM
oh, wait, that's right. i forgot, it's not jungle xbox or complex, therefore the server must think it's crap. ffs, try other maps once in a while. the ones that are played all the time are nowhere near the best maps we have.

They actually are the best maps, IMO. I do agree that a lot of good maps are never played, but the ones that are played a lot are the best. The map list should be slimmed down a bunch. There are too many maps that noone cares about. That's my opinion though. Just because someone likes a map doesn't mean everyone does and vice versa. Consensus usually says that those maps are the ones people want to play.

hallwagner
07-31-2010, 12:36 PM
They actually are the best maps, IMO. I do agree that a lot of good maps are never played, but the ones that are played a lot are the best. The map list should be slimmed down a bunch. There are too many maps that noone cares about. That's my opinion though. Just because someone likes a map doesn't mean everyone does and vice versa. Consensus usually says that those maps are the ones people want to play.

your just a complex whore ;)

ZERO
08-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Christmas do you think that you could make a better version of this same map, this way everyone would be happy?

Christmas
08-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Christmas do you think that you could make a better version of this same map, this way everyone would be happy?

Depends on the definition of "better".

I personally like this map just fine, but if there are ways I could edit it so everyone could be happy then I'll gladly do that.

ZERO
08-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I meant that some say that there is bad fps, so if you could make the same map but with better performance and or do the same layout with just a bit more space it will go from a good map to a great map that gets played all the time.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I meant that some say that there is bad fps, so if you could make the same map but with better performance and or do the same layout with just a bit more space it will go from a good map to a great map that gets played all the time.

i don't think larger would be better. it's perfect as is, but i don't get how it's laggy. the thing's more simple than xbox ffs

ZERO
08-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I am not saying a lot bigger I am talking about a few feet.