...yeah...

cool concept. not cool in practice

Christmas
10-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Care to explain why?

jssaylor2007
10-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Care to explain why?

We put it up in GG, and it flat out didnt work.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Care to explain why?

try it. it's really hard to explain. essentially, the entire "one player chosen picks the map" doesn't work. you all spawn initially on top of a small box, and first person to fall off onto a colored square ends up being the deciding factor. HOWEVER, not everyone gets warped correctly each time. plus, some of the mini-maps have everyone spawn in the same spot (inside each other) and during the chosing/warping process everyone has their guns still, so everyone shoots during the decision time.

like i said. play it. try it w/ a full server and you'll see instantly. in theory, it's an incredible idea, and i know how it could have been done better (t's and ct's spawn in seperate, remote boxes. one player chosen at random warped to decision room, chooses, then each box of players gets warped (seperately) to corresponding place on chosen mini-map

CYBER
10-02-2010, 09:27 PM
...yeah...

cool concept. not cool in practice

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i was really hoping for this one to work...
xmas? is it possible to seperate some of the maps rthere and have them played individually? some maps look kinda nice to play on , such as the brown map... i duno... am not really a map maker, but am reading the tutorials about it , maybe in time i can do this shit myself, but for now , ur info on it is appreciated xmas.:)

ZERO
10-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Yea if we could get some of those maps by themselves it would be awesome!

It probably worked in the past but got broken by valve...

Kavinsky
10-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Like zm horror hotel.