PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
10-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I have been playing on the Devil's Reject's GG server last night and today and they have a really cool feature I thought we could look into. After camping with a gun for what I think is around 10 seconds you automatically get beaconed and lose 1HP every second until you move again.

I know people are going to comment that if admins did their jobs we wouldn't need it and blah blah blah but I just thought I would suggest it :wtg:

**EDIT- I took a demo of myself using this feature and i'm attaching it just in case someone doesn't know what i'm talking about

hallwagner
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I have been playing on the Devil's Reject's GG server last night and today and they have a really cool feature I thought we could look into. After camping with a gun for what I think is around 10 seconds you automatically get beaconed and lose 1HP every second until you move again.

I know people are going to comment that if admins did their jobs we wouldn't need it and blah blah blah but I just thought I would suggest it :wtg:

yes i love that feature of theres, i think it would be a great addition.

XX0wnsXY
10-07-2010, 03:49 PM
That would be Awwwwwwwwwesomeeeeeeeee!

X 1 Viper1
10-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Give it about 2 years and Zero might consider it. :icon_mrgreen:

Perry
10-07-2010, 04:33 PM
agreed. would help a great deal.

Superman
10-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I too agree, it will help with camping!

Kavinsky
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
This server is already super unstable with maxi mod, source mod, gore mod, knife mod and tracers on all the time to the point that everyone occasionally loses there gun and knives out of nowhere, plus the matter of having 300 maps and only playing 20 of them most of the time.

so he'll probably add it.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
This server is already super unstable with maxi mod, source mod, gore mod, knife mod and tracers on all the time to the point that everyone occasionally loses there gun and knives out of nowhere, plus the matter of having 300 maps and only playing 20 of them most of the time.

so he'll probably add it.

uhhhh, dumbass?

the gun dissappearing thing happens everywhere. i haven't played a single server that doesn't have that happen to it. it's one hell of a pain in the ass when you're last ct on a jailbreak server and suddenly your m3 dissappears and all you got is a p228.

the gun dissappearing is a source engine glitch

Kavinsky
10-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Its zero so he'll add it and end up making the server even worse and this is the ONLY server where I've seen that gunglitch happen so consistantly.

redneckblade
10-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Well i c your point on the camping but what if you had it were were downgraded a weapon or so im sure someone could make it threw a script i prob could not sure id have to check my tools but its a idea right?

acolyte_to_jippity
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Well i c your point on the camping but what if you had it were were downgraded a weapon or so im sure someone could make it threw a script i prob could not sure id have to check my tools but its a idea right?

what?

redneckblade
10-12-2010, 05:24 PM

I know people are going to comment that if admins did their jobs we wouldn't need it and blah blah blah but I just thought I would suggest it

I thought he was talking about gg and if they camp they will get demoted down a weapon so if your lvl 4 you go back down to lvl 3 if he wasnt talking about gg im sorry i must of miss understood sorry

acolyte_to_jippity
10-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I thought he was talking about gg and if they camp they will get demoted down a weapon so if your lvl 4 you go back down to lvl 3 if he wasnt talking about gg im sorry i must of miss understood sorry

ehh, i don't think this is a good idea. we would want a reminder, not a punishment. a few health every couple of seconds would be a perfect little "hey, shouldn't be doing that".

Christmas
10-14-2010, 02:06 PM
uhhhh, dumbass?

the gun dissappearing thing happens everywhere. i haven't played a single server that doesn't have that happen to it. it's one hell of a pain in the ass when you're last ct on a jailbreak server and suddenly your m3 dissappears and all you got is a p228.

the gun dissappearing is a source engine glitch

sG has never had that problem.

CYBER
10-14-2010, 02:36 PM
xen i actually suggested that in another post of mine before (for the life of me i cant find it...) ..
but it might have been lost throught a fuck fest of trollers and spammers, so thanks for reposting that shit, sure would save me the effort of dealing with campers that start reciting the "camping is allowed, but not excessively" bull crap on me and trying to deny that they've been camping every goddamn round... until i slay their ass...
sure would make my life easier, +1 on that.

hallwagner
10-14-2010, 02:53 PM
my clans server had a different mod. instead of slapping you after a certain amount of camping during 1 round, it accumulates all time spent not moving into a percentage over the course of your game. so for instance, if i dont camp it would be closer to 0% and would rise exponentially towards 100% corresponding to how much time you spend sitting in 1 place. it would slap you for a certain amount of health at the beginning of each round depending on what your "camp rate" is

acolyte_to_jippity
10-14-2010, 03:04 PM
my clans server had a different mod. instead of slapping you after a certain amount of camping during 1 round, it accumulates all time spent not moving into a percentage over the course of your game. so for instance, if i dont camp it would be closer to 0% and would rise exponentially towards 100% corresponding to how much time you spend sitting in 1 place. it would slap you for a certain amount of health at the beginning of each round depending on what your "camp rate" is

the question is still how long of a timer would it have until it starts counting?

devour
10-14-2010, 06:58 PM
the "gun disappearing glitch" is not a source engine glitch. it is a mod glitch.

hallwagner
10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
the question is still how long of a timer would it have until it starts counting?

i dont know, i guess that would be up to zero to configure

CYBER
10-14-2010, 11:32 PM
15 seconds ?

jssaylor2007
10-15-2010, 12:35 AM
15 seconds ?

Is an eternity.

SHADY V1RU5
11-06-2010, 09:43 PM
its a great feature to have and does prevent camping however it may cause more overall problems within the server. the choke is already not the best and has its registration issues but it might be worth a try. i have played on servers with that feature and its a good camp problem solution but it may however do more harm then good ;p but deffinately a good idea.

Hai
11-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Most of the maps we play you can see hte other teams spawn from your own stupid spawn; why is this needed? I agree the guy hiding behind the box in the tunnel every round is annoying. The majority of "CAMPER!" screams on the GG server are only because you died to someon you felt wasn't as good as you. By "you" I mean the players constantly screaming "camper!". I mean, lets get real here, if I hear you running behind me a few feet ofcourse I'm going to duck behind something to get an easy kill.